QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

In a year where 12 QBs threw for > 4000 yards and 3 more were less than 100 yards shy of it...
In a year where 7 receivers had > 100 catches... including two who had 136 a piece...
In a year where only 7 RBs had > 1000 yards rushing...

In a year when passing statistics were insane, QB ratings were through he roof, and everything was supposed to change... defense won a championship.

Funny how that works.

Last edited:
Defenses ALWAYS win championships.  But when a team has a top QB, that team will always be a competitive team.  It may not result in a championship, but having an elite/upper tier QB is able to mask the deficiencies the team may have.  

Yes trade in your Brady's, Rodgers, Wilsons, Brees, Roesthlisbergers, Cams, etc and get an average quarterback and just build the rest of your team, you know because it's so easy to keep or draft all the other guys. Especially when a about 1/3 of your roster turns over each year.

We have a new sustainable formula.

Quarterback? he's just one of 45 guys.

Please change the thread title to the outside linebacker thread or the 1/45 thread.

Last edited:
2016 Old Man, please don’t ever throw the ball, Peyton Manning
2015 Old Man, game in the balance on the 1 yard line, Tom Brady
2014 2nd year, please don’t ever throw the ball, Russell Wilson
2013 Joe, Flacco.
2012 Eli, Manning miracle on Manningham!!!!!
2011 Aaron Rodgers (elite QB!!!!!!!!)
2010 Drew Brees (elite QB!!!!!)
2009 Pre elite Ben (10-19 0 TD 2 INT AFC Championship game)
2008 Eli, Manning miracle on helmet!!!!!
2007 Peyton Manning (elite QB…….his worst playoff performance ever, but he managed to beat Rex Grossman so it's ok!!!!!!)
2006 2nd year Ben, please don’t ever throw the ball, thank God he tackled the defender to save a TD on the Bettis fumble)
2005 Tom Brady (elite QB!!!!!!)
2004 Tom Brady semi elite at the time????? (2 TD, 1 INT thru 2 playoff games to get to the SB, but threw 3 IN the SB)
2003 Brad Johnson
2002 Baby Brady, 1 TD in 3 playoff games, Tuck rule, Vinateri game winner, game manager extraordinaire.
2001 Trent Dilfer
2000 Kurt Warner from the grocery store, greatest show on turf.
1999 John Elway, yesterday’s Peyton Manning
1998 Terrell Davis, I mean, John Elway
1997 Brett Favre (elite QB!!!!!!!!!!)
1996 Troy Aikman
1995 Steve Young
1994 Troy
1993 Troy
1992 Mark Rypien
1991 Jeff Hostetler
1990 Joe Montana’s last ride (elite QB!!!!!)

It seems, it's not as difficult to build a complete team and make a go of it as people claim. Brady at 37 isn't as great as he was at 27-28-29-30, is he? Hell, elite Tom was a yard from losing 3 straight Super Bowl's to lesser QB's.

From this list, there aren't a lot of QB's in their prime's that flat out owned a season and ran the league week 1 thru the SB. Cam just found this out himself, last night.

Brees v Peyton is one of the few elite QB matchups we've seen. Rodgers v Ben might qualify depending on where you have Ben that year.

But hey, QB narratives, let them continue shall we? :lol:

I love how dude is ALWAYS going leave out things to fit his narrative.

Without getting into an dissertation. Referring to Kurt Warner as from the grocery store but not mentioning him winning the NFL MVP that season. I guess that aint elite.

But then saying 2010 Aaron Rodgers was elite, when he didn't receive any type of regular season honors.

Theres more of his usual irregularity.

Whats the requirements for this arbitary term of being an elite quarterback?

Do I have to be named All-Pro?

Do I have to throw for 300 yards a game and average 2 touchdowns and 1 interception a game?

What if I only throw for 240 yards a game and 1.5 touchdowns and throw an interception every other game and I have one of the top ratings?

Last edited:
Was that Kurt's "rookie" year out the store, or not? I referenced Greatest Show on Turf, but as I'm stating an "ELITE" dude came in from Safeway and won the ******* Super Bowl, but the NFL is all about this one magical position? :lol: :rofl:

Obviously, he's a crazy unique case.

And Elite, Prime, Vet, Baby its all just terms. I know that completely, hence the way I framed it.

Is 37 year old Brady more elite than 27 year old Brady?
Is 39 year old Peyton more elite than 29 year old Peyton cuz he won the SB?

Surely one can conclude "baby Ben" or "baby Brady" is their youngest years, rookie or second years reaching the SB handing off every play, etc.

I could/should have mentioned the losers, like MVP Cam, or MVP Brady, Peyton, Kurt, more advanced Ben, Prime Peyton, etc. I could do it later and add to the OG post.

Why can you write these big long paragraphs with all these random stats that no one person could possibly remember with Google but then act like you dont remember if 1999 was Kurt Warner's rookie year?

I really dont care where he came from. When he took over he balled the **** out and was the like the unanimous NFL MVP. Sure getting Marshall Faulk helped but that Kurt Warners season was remarkable. Theres no other word for it but elite.

This is same exact Kurt Warner who you repeatedly rode and talked about how he should be first ballot Hall of Famer but now that it doesn't fit your current narrative.

Hes Kurt Warner from the grocery store.

:smh:

And yes last seasons Brady was probably better than 2004 version of himself.

Last edited:
I do remember Kurt winning his rookie year, I'm asking if you want to confirm that, you can.

I know he BALLED. Zero question.

And TODAY, years later, after the fact, career over, yes, HOFer.

In 1999, he came from Albertson's, and won the Super Bowl. Elite or not, is he, or is he not the QB that walked in from nowhere and took over the sport?

He do it alone? :nerd:

Favre, Peyton, Bledsoe, McNair (whoever else) all got surpassed by the bagging clerk. *shrugs*

And no need Google, spreadsheets. :wink: :pimp:

Defenses and running games win Super Bowls. Great QB's can mask a weak D or a shoddy running game and make it deep in the playoffs, hell some might even win the SB. But for the most part, if you don't have a solid defense and a running game that moves the chains you aren't getting rings. The Broncos winning it this year is an extreme case of this, but even if the Panthers had won the formula holds true, their defense is superb and so is their running game.

Cant believe dude is that obtuse?

Yep, Kurt Warner came straight from the grocery store to NFL MVP.

Same thing with Bernie Parmalee...he was dropping off packages and the Dolphins inserted him in the starting lineup that same day.

Michael Lewis, delivering beer to the Superdome and the Saints just asked him if he wanted to play.

Chris Matthews, Russell Wilson was getting the new What are those are Foot Locker and decided he would make a good large target.

No steps...nope.

Anything to fit a narrative...

Last edited:
Steps...

Was it his first year in the NFL? Yes or no?

Does that fact, right or wrong, change the list of the last 25 years of SB winning QB's?

Nope.

I know tho, in your mind every year, every QB was elite and reached/won the SB because of their performance, no other factors involved.

"All you need is Quarterback"[emoji]8482[/emoji]

Dude can remember Tom Brady playoff stats from 2002 but cant remember if Kurt Warner was in the NFL before 1999?

Most be wonderful to have a "beautiful" mind like that.

Who ever said all Super Bowl winning quarterbacks were elite or the sole reason their team won the Super Bowl?

Whats said is that having good to elite quarterback play is needed to the majority of the time to win the Super Bowl.

Out of those past 25 Super Bowls, theres maybe like 4 examples, of teams winning the Super Bowl in spite of the quarterback.

The majority of the time, its top 10 Pro Bowl level quarterbacks that end up winning the Super Bowl.

Wait a minute

What?
rs_634x1024-140607095351-634.Olivia-Munn-Aaron-Rodgers-Kiss.jl.060714.jpg

First time seeing this photo. From the outset I noticed two things that are wrong here:

1. Aaron didn't go to NYU Law, or any law school for that matter.
2. Aaron doesn't like women.

C'mon, CP...Get you facts straight. First it's Safeway and now Albertson's, but it was actually a Hy-vee. A much lower tiered grocery store. He started at the bottom of the bottom.

:lol:

I was goin Costco the next time, and if I reached a 4th was gonna go Winco, but East Coast guys wouldn't get that one. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom