QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Some Laker fans have said this same exact thing.

i bet you have.

and no, its not the same thing.

its the kinda lie you tell yourself to make yourself feel better.

Only flaw in your logic is I was saying that in 08, 09, 10, 11 etc.

There were Laker fans who disagreed with my logic, but it is extremely true. Worst record in the league, or lose in game 7 of the Finals, all the same. 1 Champ and 29 last place finishers. Every year.

Philly and Cleveland last year, same/same. Both went home empty.

It's oversimplifying, no doubt, but it is accurate.

:nerd:

:lol:

In the NBA, stars play both ways. Offense and defense.

Not so NFL
Not so pitchers vs hitters/fielders.

Dodgers have Clayton Kershaw. Elite of the elite. But when 2-5 starters pitch, blame Kershaw cuz Dodgers lose?

Blame Trout for terrible staff? Or if he bats 3rd, but 9th inning 7-8-9 bat and all K?

QB plays terrible, but defense is a monster, give credit to QB for Win?
QB plays great, but defense is a traffic cone, give blame to QB for loss?

Russ completed 9 passes in a playoff game, win.
Dan completes 30+, loss.

Credit/blame?

All things I've said 500+ times. Just as Trent Dilfer isn't better than Dan because he won a SB, just as Julian Edelman isn't better than Randy Moss because he won a SB, just as Ronnie Hillman isn't better than Thurman Thomas etc etc.

Dan played with horrible talent over the years. Shula was great, early, but clearly stayed too long. Tom Olividati was atrocious as the DC. And Dan was further set back by the Bills having multiple HOFers play in their primes together. Kelly, Reed, Thurman, Bruce Smith all wrecked Miami during Dan's prime.

It happens. He didn't win, clearly. But he didn't have the 05 Pitt D. Or 15 Denver D. 2000 Ravens. Or Terrell Davis. Or Jerry Rice. Or league rules geared towards offense.

I get people use team success to judge players, I get it, doesn't make it a true reflection of that player.

Barry Bonds didn't win World Series.
Nor did Ken Griffey Jr.
Marino, Barkley, Malone, Kershaw, Trout, Randy Moss, Barry Sanders, Ladanian, Adrian Peterson, Antonio Gates, Tony G....

Lot of teammates need to pitch in to win Titles.

As a team, collectively, if you didn't win, your season is a failure. Absolutely 100% true. I believe that. My Cubs are experts. My Lakers not so much. They succeed a lot. (Not so much now :lol: )

None of this post will matter. Same 2 will argue and argue and argue every single point. But seems to be a few impartial that view things fairly similar as I. Non-Dolphin fans at that. *Shrugs*

Did not know you had him 2 DSA. Respect man. Maybe you're paying me back for always respecting Brady. :lol:

Last edited:
If the defense is keeping a team in the game while the QB can't get out of his own way giving the ball to the other team, in a playoff game, while the star wide out is on national tv saying get this guy outta the ******* game......I can blame the QB.

We should bury that QB. We should bury the coach who continued to play said QB.

:smh:

DSA... I always liked you.

My brethren CP, why repeat yourself any more? Lol.
It won't ever matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple QB storylines I'm looking forward to watching

Teddy and his step forward (hopefully)
Seattle leaning on RW more
Ben hopefully staying healthy all year and putting a strong MVP case together
Cleveland

Winston v Mariota...which one really takes a step this season
Brock in Houston
Pretty Jimmy Weeks 1-4
How does Cam bounce back after the SB

Last edited:
Saw this. Found it interesting
:nerd:
At his current pace, Russell Wilson won't match Andrew Luck's current interception total until week 8. Of 2018.

Russell doesn't throw passes down the field and can't do anything with an offense wtihout Beastmode though.

How long for Andy Dalton?

How long to Luck eclipses Favre :nerd:

Dalton....with the way the Bengals run things and given that Marvin Lewis still has a job, I'd say the leash is quite long

Luck eclipses Favre how? INTs? Overall play? :lol:

Dalton....with the way the Bengals run things and given that Marvin Lewis still has a job, I'd say the leash is quite long

Luck eclipses Favre how? INTs? Overall play? :lol:

I meant how long till AD catches up with Luck and his INTs :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom