QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

The AFC South is 8-6 against non-conference foes.

The NFC West is 6-8 against non-conference foes.

The AFC South has 20 wins.

The NFC West has 18 wins.

We still praising Russell Wilson for winning games in the NFC West?

No one should get any credit for making the playoffs in that trainwreck of a division.

Last edited:
The AFC South is 8-6 against non-conference foes.

The NFC West is 6-8 against non-conference foes.

The AFC South has 20 wins.

The NFC West has 18 wins.

We still praising Russell Wilson for winning games in the NFC West?

No one should get any credit for making the playoffs in that trainwreck of a division.
This is the first year in Wilson's career the NFC West has been sub-par.  Andrew Luck has based his entire career on being in football's worst division and beating up on cupcakes.

BTW, Colts have 5 of those 20 wins.  Seahawks have 8 of those 18 wins.  Stats without context...

Last edited:
We're talking about this season, though. Playing in the AFC South means Andrew Luck should have twice as many TDs as Russell Wilson? Even though the NFC West is subpar?

Last edited:
We're talking about this season, though. Playing in the AFC South means Andrew Luck should have twice as many TDs as Russell Wilson? Even though the NFC West is subpar?
Luckily we have more than just one season to compare.  I think most people consider this debate already decided   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

But yeah I mean the Colts schedule has been absurdly easy even though they still suck.    Wilson's not having his best season but I'm not handing out any MVP awards for a QB on a 5-6 team with one of the easiest schedules in the league, just because he's been doing a good job stat padding.

(and it's no coincidence you snuck this in right after the Jets game where Luck threw 4 TDs and no picks.  Look at his game splits—he's had many supbar performances).

Last edited:
8 of Russ's 12 TD's come in 3 games. (3 of them against those same Jets)

The other 9 games, Russ has 4 TD's.

In Russ's 3 losses and a tie, his defense allowed 9, 6, 25, and 14 points. 54 points.

In Luck's losses, his defense has allowed 39, 19, 30, 26, and 30. 144 points.

First loss to Det, Luck had taken the lead with 37 seconds left in the game. D still blew it.
His 4th loss to Houston, Colt D gave up 2 TD in the final two and a half minutes, to Brock Osweiler. :lol:

That 6th Colt loss, Luck DNP, they scored one TD for the game, Defense gave up 28.

In Russ's 3 losses and a tie, his defense allowed 9, 6, 25, and 14 points. 54 points.

First loss to Det, Luck had taken the lead with 37 seconds left in the game. D still blew it.
His 4th loss to Houston, Colt D gave up 2 TD in the final two and a half minutes, to Brock Osweiler.
laugh.gif

That 6th Colt loss, Luck DNP, they scored one TD for the game, Defense gave up 28.
Yeah, the Colts defense does suck (So?  That generally inflates passing stats).  If you want to talk about what actually impacts the passing game, Seattle has the 32nd ranked offensive line by PFF, has the lowest % of cap committed to the line by a significant margin, and honestly probably has one of the worst offensive lines of the past 5 years.

His 4th loss to Houston, Colt D gave up 2 TD in the final two and a half minutes, to Brock Osweiler. :lol:

Yeah, the Colts defense does suck (So?  That generally inflates passing stats).  If you want to talk about what actually impacts the passing game, Seattle has the 32nd ranked offensive line by PFF, has the lowest % of cap committed to the line by a significant margin, and honestly probably has one of the worst offensive lines of the past 5 years.

The Colts Oline is coached by Joe Philbin. /story.

:lol:

Seattle has a crappy Oline and a historically great Defense. That gets wins, with or without the QB. Same as KC stays winning games with or without their QB participating.

Indy has a crappy Oline, and a crappy defense. So while you judge QB's based on "winz" you ignore all the other factors that go into those wins. Conveniently.

I could add a great Seattle run game vs a historically crappy run game for the Colts, but that would start getting unfair.

The Colts Oline is coached by Joe Philbin. /story.

laugh.gif

Seattle has a crappy Oline and a historically great Defense. That gets wins, with or without the QB. Same as KC stays winning games with or without their QB participating.

Indy has a crappy Oline, and a crappy defense. So while you judge QB's based on "winz" you ignore all the other othefactors that go into those wins. Conveniently.

I could add a great Seattle run game vs a historically crappy run game for the Colts, but that would start getting unfair.
Seattle's run game actually sucks this year.  And I don't judge QBs based on wins.  I objected to Chester's article saying Luck is an MVP candidate because he has 5 wins in the AFC South.

Wilson is a top-tier QB for other reasons than wins alone.  

(Also I know Indy has a bad O-line but Seattle's is significantly worse this year).

I don't want to get back into this debate with you guys, let me just say it's very convenient the periods the radio silence ends and then begins again.

As I always say, we'll let time be the true judge.

I don't want to get back into this debate with you guys, let me just say it's very convenient the periods the radio silence ends and then begins again.

Eh, I've avoided this thread for a while. I do my work in silence now. :D

And I hear from Luck haters all the time, every TO, every L, etc.

And talking about stat padding, when Russ threw his TD the other night first and goal from the 1, up 30-7.....maybe we shouldn't use padding as a knock on Andrew. Just sayin...

Now, I didn't know someone said Luck for MVP, that, I do not agree with. I lean Zeke, and am on record.

Well you see, there are certain people that only post negative, biased, asinine articles about certain QBs. Turnabout is fair play. When the going is good, those people are silent. Notice how the thread hadn't been bumped for a while?

Going is good: nada.
Luck throws a pick or struggles: articles linked.

Eh, I've avoided this thread for a while. I do my work in silence now. :D

And I hear from Luck haters all the time, every TO, every L, etc.

And talking about stat padding, when Russ threw his TD the other night first and goal from the 1, up 30-7.....maybe we shouldn't use padding as a knock on Andrew. Just sayin...

Now, I didn't know someone said Luck for MVP, that, I do not agree with. I lean Zeke, and am on record.

You never answered my question about Shaun Alexander

C CP1708 who the hell is Burt Jones?

This is Bert Jones

View media item 2253125
1976 NFL MVP

Of course never saw him play but my father raved about how he played and told stories. Saw highlights over the years on NFL Films. Dude had one hell of an arm but his career was cut short by injuries. :frown:

Guy always challenged linebackers when running. Ended up with a torn rotator cuff that couldnt be fixed bc of the medical technology wasnt around and injured his neck.

Pops says Luck reminds him of Jones but has no where near the arm he had.

Carry on fellas lol

Back
Top Bottom