QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

:nerd:

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
QB Deshaun Watson, 79.0 overall grade
Watson’s debut was solid, albeit unspectacular. While he completed 15-of-26 aimed passes, he went just 4-for-12 on throws that traveled at least 10 yardsthrough the air. This was largely due to him sailing several seam routes, something he was prone to do at Clemson as well. While he also seemed to struggle processing information in the secondary, and vacated the pocket early on a number of instances, the Texans have to be encouraged by the fact he didn’t force a single ball into a bad spot tonight.
- https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl
Didnt catch most of this outside of his TD drive but Shaun looked good

Trubisky tonight :nerd:

Dobbs going against 1's tomorrow night :nerd:

:emoji_relieved:

BUMP

topics on the table:

Wentz's play...saw a stat about his TD number overshadowing his "just good" play
Russell Wilson...same ****, different year?
The Epic Rise and Fall of Alexis Smith
Marcus Marimoto....what happened?
Tom Brady...business as usual

Seriously, Brady's numbers all said and done + playoff numbers galore......God damn man. :smh:

They are going to sign Jarvis Landry next year, and have he, Cooks, and Gronk, with Edelman coming back. :lol: **** this ****

Is Russell Wilson an MVP candidate when the combined records of the teams the Seahawks have beaten are 23-42? :nerd: Or 24-52 if you add the 49ers a second time? :nerd:

thoughts on this?

i'm not totally sold on using that as justification that Wentz isn't MVP. eye test, production (TDs), and wins tells me more about what i look for in an MVP than that statistic. if you want to go Brady, i completely get it (and agree), but not because of the above statistic

If the Seahawks make the playoffs then Russell deserves MVP consideration because it will mean he had to carry his team, which he's already started to do. He's basically all they got on offense considering they have no run game whatsoever and their line is still crap.

If the Seahawks make the playoffs then Russell deserves MVP consideration because it will mean he had to carry his team, which he's already started to do. He's basically all they got on offense considering they have no run game whatsoever and their line is still crap.

No way Cian actually watches tape unlike everybody else in the world and he says Russ is actually the problem

No way Cian actually watches tape unlike everybody else in the world and he says Russ is actually the problem

I "think" the context in which he was speaking was in terms of the sacks and him running backwards. I "think" that's what he means.

He says similar things about Jarvis Landry and how he catches the ball, then runs backwards 2-3 yards, before running forwards, which is true, sadly. :lol:

I'm not 100% sure that's what he's getting at, but I don't think he's saying Russ is at fault for the whole O, Cian actually backs Russ usually. (or at least he used to)

Sorted by TDs:

upload_2017-11-27_14-17-35.png

Sorted by rating (not nearly a tell all, i know):

upload_2017-11-27_14-18-13.png

just to add context to some of the above :lol:

I "think" the context in which he was speaking was in terms of the sacks and him running backwards. I "think" that's what he means.

He says similar things about Jarvis Landry and how he catches the ball, then runs backwards 2-3 yards, before running forwards, which is true, sadly. :lol:

I'm not 100% sure that's what he's getting at, but I don't think he's saying Russ is at fault for the whole O, Cian actually backs Russ usually. (or at least he used to)

Idk all I saw was somebody ask him about Russ being an MVP candidate and he said no because Russ was as much a problem as the rest.

Idk all I saw was somebody ask him about Russ being an MVP candidate and he said no because Russ was as much a problem as the rest.

Yeah, I think I saw that, but like I said, I didn't dig back to see what context he meant, but I've seen him previously mention him holding the ball and running backwards at etc as opposed to stepping up in the pocket or sliding left/right, ala Brady, Rodgers etc. I'd have to dig a lil to see what he was getting at. But I do know he has backed Russ for a while, from years back.

Listening to LeBetard today, “Russel Wilson running for his life in a backwards loop for 15 yards on ever passing play is amazing “

:lol: :rofl:

I completely agree.. there are 4 clear dudes

if dude gets to double digit wins he should get it.. pretty sure with a decent kicker they're 9-2 or 10-1

Carson is legit, I don't care about folks who continue to try and find ways to discredit him so they can say they were right

same folks who don't watch the games but just look at stats

Yup, and its mostly just a small group of Twitter "draft experts" or "QB experts" who were down on Wentz coming out of college and cannot admit they are wrong. No way anyone watches the Eagles play and dont realize hes dynamite.

I think Wentz has a good shot at MVP and would deserve but to be totally objective it should be Bradys award. Hes at a level of excellence that simply cannot be rivaled by anyone in the league right now except Rodgers when hes healthy and the numbers show that. Im just happy my boy Wentz is at least in the convo in only his second season.

Back
Top Bottom