QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

The Buffalo Bills are the ones that traded their pick to the Chiefs to pick Patrick Mahomes.....

Otherwise, he'd be in New Orleans.

Buffalo is keeping everything in front of them

tyreek just fast as shh and they’re smart enough to know how much time they got to work with unlike a certain other team
They played it like the chiefs needed a td and not just a fg to tie. Just a coaching meltdown after the go ahead td.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 075838.png
Screenshot 2022-01-24 075858.png

Interesting career. One of the absolute best to ever play the position. After his 4 game win streak in 2010 to win the SB, he has put up ridiculous numbers his last 11 years.

112 Wins
46 Losses
1 Tie

362 TD’s
61 Int’s
6 to 1 TD-Int ratio

8 10+ win seasons
8 4,000 yard seasons
7 100+ rating seasons

Not one Super Bowl appearance.

Denver going to go hard for him...... :nerd:

They played it like the chiefs needed a td and not just a fg to tie. Just a coaching meltdown after the go ahead td.

yup.. zero clue why they had everyone 20 yards back

you gotta have that shh looking like a checkers board.. you got 8 guys in coverage 4 are like 10 yards range and next 4 20 yards back and you space all of em out, staggered

and you force them to throw into tight windows while trying find it

Tom Brady 7
Joe Montana 4
Terry Bradshaw 4
Troy Aikman 3
Eli Manning 2
Peyton Manning 2
Ben Roethlisberger 2
John Elway 2
Jim Plunkett 2
Bob Griese 2
Roger Staubach 2
Bart Starr 2

The list of QB's with multiple Super Bowl Rings. Mahomes could join the list in a few weeks.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 080917.png

Updated for this week.

I know SneakerPro has mentioned that LA is paying Goff, it balances, because they are not paying Von or OBJ, the Broncos and Browns are. (Part of what I was referring to the other day in regards to Stafford and the Rams)

Screenshot 2022-01-24 080917.png

Updated for this week.

I know SneakerPro has mentioned that LA is paying Goff, it balances, because they are not paying Von or OBJ, the Broncos and Browns are. (Part of what I was referring to the other day in regards to Stafford and the Rams)

You gonna move the goal post on this discussion and that’s okay, you still my guy.

I do want to make this observation though Matt Stafford has a decent chance at winning a Super Bowl and he outplayed Tom Brady yesterday but I don’t know if he’s a better quarterback even right now.

I saw some bitter Lions fans saying Burrow did what Stafford couldn’t do in Detroit

I love Joe but the Bengals defense has forced 5 turnovers the last 2 weeks and given up 35 points total

The three playoff games Stafford played in Detroit we forced 0 and gave up an average of 31 points.

He’s the exact same quarterback currently he was in Detroit, flaws and all but he just has competence around him on both sides of the ball.

I know this is making CPs bigger point about talent which I somewhat agree with but smart creative teams figure out ways to massage the cap and worst case scenario you have a **** year to rebuild and reset

Exactly, you are making my entire point. :nthat:

Stafford been in the league for a decade, #1 pick and all, and no success. NOW, in LA, with a team full of stars, he's in the Conference Championship, year 1.

What. A. Coincidence.

All you need is a Quarterback........and several other pieces that folks gloss over, forever.

The lesser point, is the salary tied to those QB's. (Making it easier to build out the rest of your roster with talent)
In fact, I have mentioned in here before, NFL Owners and GM's are trying to find a way to have a salary cap, and a QB salary outside of said cap. No idea if it will actually take or not.

Who the f is actually saying “all you need is a QB”?

But if anything has been demonstrated this weekend, having a QB sure a shh goes a long way

Andy got his hands on mahomes and woulda been in 3 straight Super Bowls if not for dee ford.. with a chance at a 4th straight appearance

Who the f is actually saying “all you need is a QB”?

no one is saying this in here :lol:

I think he's using that in terms of teams trading their future draft picks away to get a QB in the draft...which is a different debate

no one is saying this in here :lol:

I think he's using that in terms of teams trading their future draft picks away to get a QB in the draft...which is a different debate

i have a farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bigger issue with the chiefs draft a RB in the 1st than I do them trading a future 1st to move up to select mahomes

i have a farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bigger issue with the chiefs draft a RB in the 1st than I do them trading a future 1st to move up to select mahomes
You wouldnt have as big of an issue with it if the Chiefs selected the correct running back.

You wouldnt have as big of an issue with it if the Chiefs selected the correct running back.

If by right RB, you mean one that’s going be pretty much the slot WR while getting 150-200 carries max and is a 3 down guy but viewed more as a weapon than a RB, because you’re expecting 70 catches and 700-1000 receiving yards

Otherwise, just draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd

We see quality RBs pretty much every draft in the 2nd or 3rd

In that same draft guess who went outside the 1st, Jonathan Taylor and Antonio Gibson

Derrick Henry, Chubb and dalvin cook all 2nd round guys

^Yes, Jonathan Taylor was who I was referring to. You can say "dont draft a RB in the 1st round" but if any of the guys you just listed were drafted in the 1st round, no one would be criticizing the pick.

But when a team drafts a below average starting RB like CEH in the first round, people jump all over the team.

^Yes, Jonathan Taylor was who I was referring to. You can say "dont draft a RB in the 1st round" but if any of the guys you just listed were drafted in the 1st round, no one would be criticizing the pick.

But when a team drafts a below average starting RB like CEH in the first round, people jump all over the team.

i got other examples of guys drafted outside the 1st or not drafted at all

kamara, austin ekyler, joe mixon, Aaron jones

but look at this

You can list 100 examples if you want. But if any of those guys were drafted in the first round, their teams wouldnt be upset because they drafted really really good players. That is my point. You can look at the CEH pick as a mistake, but thats because he is an average to below average starter in the league.

And not sure what Zeke's contract has anything to do with this.

Andy reid had Westbrook and McCoy with the eagles

3rd round.. 2nd round

kareem hunt, 3rd round

You can do this for every position in the NFL

do it with QBs

also then factor in the salary ramifications.. as soon as Zeke and saquon are drafted, they are amongst the highest paid at their positions

vs joe burrow making easily under a 1/3rd of some guys this year.. distinct possibility on his extension he makes 5 times what he’s making this year

3rd WRs make over 1st round WR money

a few of these are 3rd downs and the open guy is well short of the sticks though...wiiiiiide open though. tough to say without being zoomed out a bit if it's that bad but looks like there's chances to make some plays happen though

Completely forgot bills traded up for Allen

so bills traded the 53rd and 56th picks to move up from 12 to 7

chiefs traded their 1st (27th), a 3rd (91st and a 2018 1st (22nd) to move up to 10 for mahomes

Tom Brady, retired. :frown:

Can't believe it. I thought he'd give it one more year.

Talked on Twitter, QB Mount Rushmore, think mine will be Marino/Brady/Rodgers/Peyton

Lot of Elway, Montana mentions of course, maybe a Favre or Brees mention. But my 4 are pretty set.
NFL will be different now. And Rodgers isn't far behind. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom