QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce I think we hurt pabs' feelings with the jinx thing. That's why he didn't invite us to his Super Bowl party. |l
put-that-evil-on-me.gif

if this playoffs has demonstrated anything

a QB might not be everything.. but it’s a pretty damn important

bengals ain’t been shh since the 80s and they got joe and look at them

chiefs and bills going be in it to win every year.. 9ers were held back by having to depend on jimmy

So, we either have Baby Burrow enters baby Brady, baby Ben, baby Russ territory winning in his second year. (Mahomes kinda too, but it was technically his 3rd since he had the redshirt rookie year)

But as I know, everyone will rush to credit him with all the team’s success, because that’s what you guys and other NFL fans do, but so far he’s at 4 TD’s and 2 INT’s in 3 games. Meanwhile…..his defense has forced multiple turnovers in all 3 games, with 8 sacks as well. (Including 4 huge ones of Mahomes in the second half, not to mention an incredible goalline stop to end the first half.) And their rookie kicker is 12 for 12 on FG’s, including multiple 50+ yarders……

Or,

We get Stafford. 12 years, 0 playoff wins. 1 year in LA, 4 wins and a Super Bowl. A QB fixes everything!!!!! Ya know, except for in Detroit where the same dude could literally fix nothing, but NOW he’s the chosen one, elite, etc etc all hail QB narratives forever. :lol: He completely saved the franchise…….that went to the Super Bowl 3 whole years ago. Again, we will completely ignore he’s likely not even the most important player on his own offense, or even top 2 of the whole team, but that’s nitpicking to most folks I am sure. Top 3 is still really good. We’ll also gloss over the fact they got OBJ because of a completely inept QB on another roster, and they made the huge deal to get Von Miller. Surely just having Stafford would have gotten them to this point even without those factors, clearly……

Looking elsewhere, we now have the 5 year status of Mahomes’ rookie contract.

Year 1 redshirt
Year 2 the Dee Ford foot vs Brady
Year 3 Won Super Bowl, after trailing 20-7 with 7.5 minutes left in the game before a complete meltdown by the 49ers.
Year 4 Lost Super Bowl after Oline completely fell apart and offense couldn’t move
Year 5, miracle in Divisional round with 13 seconds, choke job up 21-3 vs Baby Burrow.

Now, the real fun begins……please see, Brees, Rodgers, and Russ.

Niners and Chiefs both meltdown, but lost double digit leads, so instead of Mahomes and Jimmy G being the QB darlings, everyone switches to Burrow/Stafford being the reasons their team have made it.

I’m more wondering how/why Chiefs went down the field 3 straight times for long TD’s with ease, and then scored nothin but a FG the rest of the game. That play at the end of the half completely changed the entire season, but again……13 seconds, it shoulda been the Bills anyways. Credit to the Bengals for doin the 3 man rush, with a spy on Mahomes and leavin him nowhere to go with the ball without forcing it, which he eventually did and Bell made a huge play.

A week ago, it was Mahomes and Allen are the new Peyton and Brady, and now Burrow is in the Super Bowl. Life moves swiftly.

If nick foles is going be used as an example of NOT needing a QB

i hope his stats from the nfc conference championship and super bowl are also posted

and the miracle that is foles is as weird as it comes.. somehow has that 7td record plus that 27/2 year slipped into the remainder of his career

plus that the team had built a sufficient lead that he could basically have a month to prepare for the playoffs, with a first round bye

foles tried to almost give the game away to Atlanta in the divisional round.. but atlanta

Well here is the updated QB Playoffs leaders. (Well, that I track. Could be a couple players that I could include, in fact, I should probably drop Romo off at this point, but.....) With Ben and Brady retiring, I won't have to update as much as I used to. I may add Josh Allen soon, and if Burrow gets a few more games in, he's worthy.

I think my #1 favorite stat among all of this, is the fact that Joe Montana has the longest playoff rush of any of these guys. :lol:

Screenshot 2022-02-01 115552.png

Well here is the updated QB Playoffs leaders. (Well, that I track. Could be a couple players that I could include, in fact, I should probably drop Romo off at this point, but.....) With Ben and Brady retiring, I won't have to update as much as I used to. I may add Josh Allen soon, and if Burrow gets a few more games in, he's worthy.

I think my #1 favorite stat among all of this, is the fact that Joe Montana has the longest playoff rush of any of these guys. :lol:

Screenshot 2022-02-01 115552.png

This is actually really fun and interesting. Thanks for posting. I need to dig in but curious in yds per game.

It's interesting to compare the 90s, 00s and now. I kinda want you to send me this. :lol:

This is actually really fun and interesting. Thanks for posting. I need to dig in but curious in yds per game.

It's interesting to compare the 90s, 00s and now. I kinda want you to send me this. :lol:

DM me your email and I can send no prob.

This is just the totals, I have tabs for each QB game log as well. (How I get all the totals)

we all knew he was gonna get it but it's kinda weird to me still. something about the position I guess, huh? monster seasons from a running back and a receiver...but a QB gets it who didn't come close to leading the league in any major passing stat. heh.

in all seriousness, normally it goes to statistical leaders. or at least it always felt that way. looks like they looked deeper this year. I guess?

you know writers/voters always gotta throw narratives into it and it felt like the Packers overall had this team of destiny/revenge thing going and with getting the #1 Seed (even if the Bucs had the same record)

there’s no rhyme or reason to humans sometimes though

Back
Top Bottom