QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Mahomes already on the Mount Rushmore, for me

going be in his 3rd Super Bowl in his 4 years as a starter and shoulda been 4 if not for dee ford

we already take dude’s greatness for granted

brady has to be on there.. I’ll put elway and montana as the other 2, but I’ll think about it

I think Marino has to be on it for the fact he was this type of modern QB before it was even a norm for the league

I think Marino has to be on it for the fact he was this type of modern QB before it was even a norm for the league

i disagree..

id probably say elway, although he had a gun

need athleticism but don’t want to use someone like Steve young or Cunningham

Montana's gotta be on there no?

Would want different eras represented on mine tbh so would prob go with Unitas, Montana, :emoji_goat: and Mahomes.

If it wasn't by different eras I'd def have Peyton on mine

Rookie QB contract in SB.

I'm stunned .........

:lol: I'm not. Mahomes also rookie QB deal this year. Either way was happening.

heh.. still way too premature

i mean how many resumes really topping dude

4 years as starter, 4 afc championship games, 2 super bowl appearances and 1 ring.. And the games he lost, his team had chances

elway is a lock to me because of the garbage he was dealing with in the 80s and was still carrying that team father than they needed to be going

Montana is in for now, but he might be the 1st out because I give a lot of credit to an innovative system and the quality of those teams

brady is a lock

but I see mahomes like steph, got people doing shh they know they damn well shouldn’t be

Remember that dropped INT for Stafford.......

Screenshot_20220130-184200.png

First Super Bowl in history with two #1 overall QB's starting against each other. Only took 55 years. :lol: (*edit, I screwed that up, 2nd time, Peyton vs Cam) So two times in 56 years.

Burrow 19th in cap hit
Stafford 9th

Stafford played a dozen NFL seasons and never won a single playoff game. Traded, and year one in the Super Bowl. Exact same QB. Circumstance >>>>>>> QB position.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220130-184200.png

First Super Bowl in history with two #1 overall QB's starting against each other. Only took 55 years. :lol: (*edit, I screwed that up, 2nd time, Peyton vs Cam) So two times in 56 years.

Burrow 19th in cap hit
Stafford 9th

Stafford played a dozen NFL seasons and never won a single playoff game. Traded, and year one in the Super Bowl. Exact same QB. Circumstance >>>>>>> QB position.

Matt Stafford’s Lions teams forced 0 turnovers while he was in Detroit.

The Rams have forced one every playoff game.

I’m pretty sure Bengals break the record for turnovers forced in a playoff run if they get one more

Spin it any way you need, I've said in this very thread FOR YEARS the position isn't the be all, it's a matter of circumstance. Stafford is just more proof. Every year shows it time and the again.

In fact, Brady-Stafford back to back years......will Rodgers be next? :nerd:

Burrow led the NFL in Interceptions 6 weeks ago......

If he faces SF....... :rofl: :smh:
Pretty antiquated way of looking at it. Look at where he stood in turnover worthy plays. More middle of the pack in Year 1.5 since he didn’t play a full season. And high on big time throws. Lot of luck involved in INTs

1643607437706.jpeg

Pretty antiquated way of looking at it. Look at where he stood in turnover worthy plays. More middle of the pack in Year 1.5 since he didn’t play a full season. And high on big time throws. Lot of luck involved in INTs

1643607437706.jpeg

Isn't really what my overall point is/was.

The if he plays SF meant if he faces Jimmy G in the SB would make my point even that much stronger. (Kinda my way of paying Stafford "some" respect, moreso than that garbage Jimmy is.)

The Int 6 weeks ago refers to the belief in this thread before about turnovers. I've pointed out for years the turnovers that do and don't cost teams. (Please see Stafford not INT today, or Peyton's not INT vs Pitt his SB year).

You have years of posts from me to know where I'm comin from in regards to my convictions on QB play and the narratives that media/fans run with. Would take you a long while to get thru 'em all. :lol:

Joe is that ******* dude.

Won’t be too upset if Matt Stafford ends up getting one for Dallas and Highland Park. Might be the only time Jerry gets to celebrate again.

Back
Top Bottom