QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Fam that's the 2022 cap sheet for overthecap not the 2021 one, that's why Von isn't on there at all.

Add the 24.7 mentioned here to Stafford's cap number

Screenshot_20220213-233004.png

Here is the point we argued back a few weeks ago. I said they paid Goff cap hit with Von/OBJ.

So you are right, they do have the cap hit on Goff. And no cap hit on two key SB players. Meaning Stafford doesn't win this SB if they payin him and Goff and OBJ in Clev, Von in Den. Agree?

Screenshot 2022-02-14 115821.png

This is interesting to me, because honestly, I don't think I have a problem with Stafford getting to the Hall, but Sherm is pretty spot on here.

Thing is, Staff still has some years left, let him finish his career before we call anything done and over. Same with Ryan for that matter. What if Ryan switches teams at some point and wins a title, everyone switches beliefs then? :smh:

It's going to be interesting.

We got some offseason time now, a few years back we did an MLB "Our version" of HOF, where we included Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, etc, and even kicked a few guys out that we felt didn't belong. I wonder if we should come up with a version of that for QB's and see what it looks like.

We'd need about 10-12 voters and we could look at the numbers/cases, submit votes and see what we all think.

I'd be down

On Stafford though, he's been lowkey building a decent resume to the point where I wouldn't argue against his case in a few years time when he's done.

He also definitely elevated that offense this season and rose to the occasion when he was relied upon/the pressure was on him in the big moments.

Screenshot_20220213-233004.png

Here is the point we argued back a few weeks ago. I said they paid Goff cap hit with Von/OBJ.

So you are right, they do have the cap hit on Goff. And no cap hit on two key SB players. Meaning Stafford doesn't win this SB if they payin him and Goff and OBJ in Clev, Von in Den. Agree?

Stopping moving the goal post

Von Miller and OBJ were on the Rams for less than half the regular season.

If you took their full cap hits and gave the Rams their appropriate 47% amount minus what they actually took up. It’s doesn’t come close to 24.7 million.

Their full cap hits for the entire season wasn’t 24.7 million

Math is math man.

Stopping moving the goal post

Von Miller and OBJ were on the Rams for less than half the regular season.

If you took their full cap hits and gave the Rams their appropriate 47% amount minus what they actually took up. It’s doesn’t come close to 24.7 million.

Their full cap hits for the entire season wasn’t 24.7 million

Math is math man.

It's not moving the goalposts. I certainly did look at the wrong list tryin to match up what you were sayin, zero doubt.

But the Rams DO NOT WIN the Super Bowl if they do not get OBJ and Von. If Baker just throws to the open man, no OBJ.

If Denver doesn't sell for Rodgers, Von is a Bronco.

They took up less than 1 percent of the cap. If they don't play with the Rams, Stafford/Goff cap hit doesn't win the Super Bowl.

They won three playoff games each by 3 points. You think they win those without those two coming mid season? (I'm even excluding Weddle at this point)

List of quarterbacks Matt Stafford is/was better than

Russell Wilson
Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan

Compare them resumes

20 years from now (or whenever), would y'all feel the need to tell your kids about Matt Stafford's career? at this stage, probably not

As a Vikings fan, he'd probably be brought up by me. I always liked and respected him and he's one of the toughest guys in the League. But if you're not a Lions fan or fan of an NFCN team, I get it. The Lions don't get much air time.

I'd also be down for the QB HOF thing.

List of quarterbacks Matt Stafford is/was better than

Russell Wilson
Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan

Compare them resumes

I really hope everyone sees this, and it drives them to think harder about the QB position.

Posts like these are EXACTLY why I feel the way I do.

I'd be down

I'd also be down for the QB HOF thing.

651 is the OP, likely need him to edit thread title, use the #1 post etc.

Also need a few more voters and some criteria.

I did some initial looking, there are 27 QB's in the HOF currently. 3 guaranteed locks comin soon.

Brees
Brady
Rodgers

That's 30 names to start.

Then we can talk Rivers, Eli, Ben, Cam etc.

Stafford's current HOF resume:

13 Seasons
0 seasons leading the league in passing yards.
0 seasons leading the league in passing touchdowns.
0 seasons leading the league in passer rating.
0 All Pro seasons
0 MVP's
1 Pro Bowl
86-95-1 Record

In the pass happiest era of the sport

And now a Super Bowl win, and he's a Hall of Famer.

I'm sorry, I like Matt. Enjoy watchin him play. Have for years. He and Calvin were so much fun to watch. But he is not a HOFer. Can he finish with 5-6 more strong seasons and earn it? Sure, possible. Maybe even likely. But his resume does not read anywhere close to HOF.

Screenshot 2022-02-15 120036.png

651akathepaul 651akathepaul

Idk why this showed up trending for me but it made me think of your opinion of his throws 😂

Confused why this was leaked today as well as a hype vid. Jimmy knows he's leaving already :lol:

Sooooooo, Tom Brady is back.

And, well.......here is his 2022 matchups.......

Lamar Jackson
Dak
Joe Burrow
Aaron Rodgers
Pat Mahomes
Matt Stafford
Kyler Murray
And possibly Deshaun Watson twice (if he goes to the Falcons or Saints, either way)

Matt Ryan could also be in there once or twice.

That is a very interesting schedule of teams/QB's for what may be his final run.

Back
Top Bottom