Question about OG air raids

I was wondering if anyone ever had a pair of hese fall apart on them because i heard they were built ford tough and im looking at buying a pair of OGs

These shoes are rugged but I would be careful.

Depends on how hard you will use them for outdoor ball - taking into account you are buying the "OG"s from the late 90's there is a high chancethey will fall apart if the foam midsole has started to deteriorate... Shoes that are 10+ years old will fall apart, despite the "For OUTDOOR USEONLY" tag

My OG pair had an unfortunate accident with a nail that ripped out a section of foam near the heel & I kept them alive using shoe goo... If you want somemileage out of your kicks I would recommend the retro pair but if these are a good can't lose price go for it & wear them into the ground (withoutgetting injured, of course)

Good luck.

OG Air Raid's weren't rugged to me, because the mid sole couldn't be cleaned

They were made for outdoor ball, so they were meant to take a pounding

Originally Posted by Magic1978

OG Air Raid's weren't rugged to me, because the mid sole couldn't be cleaned

They were made for outdoor ball, so they were meant to take a pounding
Sorry, what? You just contradicted yourself in the 2nd sentence... Rugged = able to take a pounding. (j/k
laugh.gif
)

They were shoes you were supposed to reduce to trashed nubs on concrete /asphalt / AND1 / Above The Rim kind of play

Naw, I didn't contradict myself.

The white got dirty easily and couldn't be cleaned.
Yeah, they were cool for outdoor basketball, but I myself don't like dirty looking sneakers.

I owned an original pair for 4 years, wore them everywhere no problems, however, i bought a pair for my girl at the time, and after a few wears the suede onthe uppers began to flake, and the midsole began to seperate from the upper (dried out glue) so i would be cautious, spend a little extra to find a pair thatsomeone has worn already.

I got da OG 93' air raids ( peace edition ) Mine was DS i wore'em last year then dey crumbled on....
181.gif
So i did a sole swap wit a pair of retro's, im still workin on dem now, check da restoration thread in 2weeks i'll post pics!!!

Originally Posted by jbv1

These shoes are rugged but I would be careful.

Depends on how hard you will use them for outdoor ball - taking into account you are buying the "OG"s from the late 90's there is a high chance they will fall apart if the foam midsole has started to deteriorate... Shoes that are 10+ years old will fall apart, despite the "For OUTDOOR USE ONLY" tag

My OG pair had an unfortunate accident with a nail that ripped out a section of foam near the heel & I kept them alive using shoe goo... If you want some mileage out of your kicks I would recommend the retro pair but if these are a good can't lose price go for it & wear them into the ground (without getting injured, of course)

Good luck.

real talk. if they are to play ball in, go with the retro's they only like $50 at the nike outlet. the thing about wearing old sneakers is that you gottawatch out for the glue that eventually drys up and just becomes brittle. Also the midsole. if it isn't soft like its sopose to be and hard, then your bestbet is to past. The harder the midsole the more likely it will crack when worn. good luckl

ahhhhh man im about to just give up on OG's all together I thought these would hold up more than any other sneaker because i really wanted the OG peaceedition to wear but Guerilla said his fell apart on him........trethousand what og pair did you have?

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

These things are tanks. Makes the retros look like garbage.

PREACH. Forget the Rodman crap - they should have called the these NDESTRUKT. My Tim Hardaway'sonly died because they eventually started falling apart from the inside. Pound for pound longest lasting shoe I've ever had.

I wore mine death and they never showed the slightest bit of wear. I remember how solid the velcrow stitching was. Not the most comfortable though.

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

I got da OG 93' air raids ( peace edition ) Mine was DS i wore'em last year then dey crumbled on....
181.gif
So i did a sole swap wit a pair of retro's, im still workin on dem now, check da restoration thread in 2 weeks i'll post pics!!!
i wanna see this
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom