Question about Puerto Ricans

Maybe this is an east coast thing

but, these cats say the N word more than black people or any other hispanic group.

NY, NJ cats is it like that in yall area too?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

but, these cats say the N word more than black people or any other hispanic group.

laugh.gif

That's a customary greeting in NYC by PR/DR cats...

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

laugh.gif

yeah man. and nobody gets bent out of shape by it. Only "out of towners" really

laugh.gif

nah PRs take the cake though by far.

edit: Jay i didnt get bent out of shape at all..........i was in the convo with them yesterday they was tellin me about daddy yankee movie out an some othertopics etc.....but it just had me thinkin this mornin PRs be sayin the N word heavy.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Do Dominicans use the word often? I mean SOME of them ARE black right?

yea but this aint about them, i $&#^# with DRs, PRs, West Indians etc, Black People

PRs take da cake............

laugh.gif

nah PRs take the cake though by far.

edit: Jay i didnt get bent out of shape at all..........i was in the convo with them yesterday they was tellin me about daddy yankee movie out an some other topics etc.....but it just had me thinkin this mornin PRs be sayin the N word heavy.

oh nah, I didn't mean you. It's just that I see "N" word threads on NT all the time ever since I started coming here and I just don'tsee how ppl from nyc are affected by that word as much as ppl from other parts of the country. This is the first time I even ever replied in one

Yeah around my way, all Spanish people say it: PR, DR, Mexican, Cuban, Guatemalan, etc....

I've noticed the we(black people) are starting to say it less and less

yep...i wouldnt say more than anyone else though at least not in this city ...id say pr's/dr's/and AA's use the word with relativly similarfrequency.. goodmorning good afternoon and goodnight over here even white kids use it heavy

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

very very true, they need their own word.....yall arent black, that word is reserved for us

Nas already told you the deal....

Yeah, they do. Especially the youth. They sound really lame too. Maybe I should start usin' the word spick...

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Yeah, they do. Especially the youth. They sound really lame too. Maybe I should start usin' the word spick...

I call my shorty that all of the time. I tell her if she is offended, to stop saying the N word.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

yep...i wouldnt say more than anyone else though at least not in this city ...id say pr's/dr's/and AA's use the word with relativly similar frequency.. goodmorning good afternoon and goodnight over here even white kids use it heavy

lol nah son

im right in CT i &$^$ with NYC too.

i know we all use it but
laugh.gif
tired.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

I call my shorty that all of the time. I tell her if she is offended, to stop saying the N word.

that's where the argument-cycle begins. It's about the way it's used.

Originally Posted by rillo561

I'm a New Yorican and I use it.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]HEY MAN! You're so cool[/color]
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, you can't just single out Ricans, Latinos in general use this word morethan black people...[/color]
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I use it in the same context as she does with the N word.

laugh.gif

eek.gif

i never call my chick that and she dont call me N word

im not just some ___ to her so why would she even say that?

yall funny

Fresh im sayin though, PRs say it more than other other latino group...maybe im reachin

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I use it in the same context as she does with the N word.

so I guess since you call her that "all the time", that means she's cool with it. so there's no problem then

Back
Top Bottom