Question about Puerto Ricans

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Yeah, they do. Especially the youth. They sound really lame too. Maybe I should start usin' the word spick...

I call my shorty that all of the time. I tell her if she is offended, to stop saying the N word.

that's where the argument-cycle begins. It's about the way it's used.

A slur is a slur...no matter which way it's being used. There is NOTHING endearing about calling someone that word no matter what the context.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by rillo561

I'm a New Yorican and I use it.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]HEY MAN! You're so cool[/color]
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, you can't just single out Ricans, Latinos in general use this word more than black people...[/color]
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Not as cool as you....

Its all how you use it IMO. There's a difference when it ends with a 'R' or "A"

Yeah, they do. Especially the youth. They sound really lame too. Maybe I should start usin' the word spick...

I call my shorty that all of the time. I tell her if she is offended, to stop saying the N word.

I use it in the same context as she does with the N word.

so I guess since you call her that "all the time", that means she's cool with it. so there's no problem then

Nope no problem at all. I will say it at times where she uses the N word. It makes her concious of her using it.

laugh.gif
It's true though, I find Latin People saying it more than African Americans or West Indians when I'm there.

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, you can't just single out Ricans, Latinos in general use this word more than black people...[/color]
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Not as cool as you....

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I doubt anyone is disputing that, secondly, that whole"there's a difference" argument is stupid.
laugh.gif
[/color]

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Not as cool as you....

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I doubt anyone is disputing that, secondly, that whole "there's a difference" argument is stupid.
laugh.gif
[/color]
Thanks for backing up your argument....

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

A slur is a slur...no matter which way it's being used. There is NOTHING endearing about calling someone that word no matter what the context.
You couldn't be more wrong man. Its all about context. For example: "Yo, thats my N!" Depending on the context, it could meantwo different things. If i'm talkin bout one of my boys that just did somethin i'm hyped about and I say "yo, thats my N" its completelydifferent than a slave owner saying "hey, thats my N!" Context. If I say to to my boy "sup dog" he's not going to takeoffense, but if I say to some chick "what up, DOG" completely different story. She thinks I'm callin her an ugly dog. Context...all aboutcontext.

Its not just Puerto Ricans, Its anyone that has been exposed to black people at a young age. My boy is Asian and he uses it. I don't really have a problemwith it. I'm Black btw.

I dont usually login to say something but some of you all sound so ignorant. There is no context to that word at all. Either way it is offensive and shouldntbe used by anyone at all. The "!@**+" originated b/c black people couldnt for a long time pronouce the "ER" on the ends of the words. Icant stand for ppl to say oh its fine for them to say. Why are we condoning this type of behavior? No wonder we as a people will never get ahead.

Puerto Ricans get a pass. Now when a $#%!$%*! uses it, then he has to be disciplined.

Ninjas aren't even going to do anything anyway, them Ricans will cut and slice ya word to Pistol Pete from KAR.

Originally Posted by J Burner

You couldn't be more wrong man. Its all about context. For example: "Yo, thats my N!" Depending on the context, it could mean two different things. If i'm talkin bout one of my boys that just did somethin i'm hyped about and I say "yo, thats my N" its completely different than a slave owner saying "hey, thats my N!" Context. If I say to to my boy "sup dog" he's not going to take offense, but if I say to some chick "what up, DOG" completely different story. She thinks I'm callin her an ugly dog. Context...all about context.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you sound foolish.

I think its hypocritical for black people to say that context is irrelevant and then use it as a greeting themselves. Also please note that others use the wordONLY because black people greet them as such. I wish a tough guy would call me a %%$# to my face.........smh

Originally Posted by taz92

I dont usually login to say something but some of you all sound so ignorant. There is no context to that word at all. Either way it is offensive and shouldnt be used by anyone at all. The "!@**+" originated b/c black people couldnt for a long time pronouce the "ER" on the ends of the words. I cant stand for ppl to say oh its fine for them to say. Why are we condoning this type of behavior? No wonder we as a people will never get ahead.
bla bla bla...if people were so offended by it, they wouldn't do it. You sound ignorant trying to tell people there is no context, thereabsolutely is, and that "black people can't pronounce the "ER" sound (are you serious
indifferent.gif
). You just don't like the word to be used in any context, thats yourpersonal preference. That doesn't mean the word can't be used in different contexts.

You couldn't be more wrong man. Its all about context. For example: "Yo, thats my N!" Depending on the context, it could mean two different things. If i'm talkin bout one of my boys that just did somethin i'm hyped about and I say "yo, thats my N" its completely different than a slave owner saying "hey, thats my N!" Context. If I say to to my boy "sup dog" he's not going to take offense, but if I say to some chick "what up, DOG" completely different story. She thinks I'm callin her an ugly dog. Context...all about context.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you sound foolish.

how does that sound foolish? Are you telling me all those scenarios mean the same thing to you?
indifferent.gif

I dont usually login to say something but some of you all sound so ignorant. There is no context to that word at all. Either way it is offensive and shouldnt be used by anyone at all. The "!@**+" originated b/c black people couldnt for a long time pronouce the "ER" on the ends of the words. I cant stand for ppl to say oh its fine for them to say. Why are we condoning this type of behavior? No wonder we as a people will never get ahead.
bla bla bla...if people were so offended by it, they wouldn't do it. You sound ignorant trying to tell people there is no context, there absolutely is. You just don't like the word to be used in any context, thats your personal preference. That doesn't mean the word can't be used in different contexts.
If you know anyone who grew up in the south back when things were segregated etc, I suggest you talk to them and see what that word means to them. Explain to them how you have put a positive spin on it by erasing the "er" and throing an "a" on the end. It's a hateful word thatmany of our elder generation had to hear on a daily basis because of ignorance due to their skin color. It's too bad that you do condone this wordespecially since many of your relatives (assuming you're black) were subjected to the same type of language in a hateful manner before you were even onthis planet. Out of respect to many of my relatives who have deep southern roots and knowing what they went through for me today to NOT be called that, Ipersonally don't use the word at all.

I'm blk, and I don't use that word. It's passe', and I feel like a tool sayin' it, because that's not me. But how about we greetHispanics with "what's good my spick? How that gangsta lean leanin?"
smh.gif

bla bla bla...if people were so offended by it, they wouldn't do it. You sound ignorant trying to tell people there is no context, there absolutely is. You just don't like the word to be used in any context, thats your personal preference. That doesn't mean the word can't be used in different contexts.
If you know anyone who grew up in the south back when things were segregated etc, I suggest you talk to them and see what that word means to them. Explain to them how you have put a positive spin on it by erasing the "er" and throing an "a" on the end. It's a hateful word that many of our elder generation had to hear on a daily basis because of ignorance due to their skin color. It's too bad that you do condone this word especially since many of your relatives (assuming you're black) were subjected to the same type of language in a hateful manner before you were even on this planet. Out of respect to many of my relatives who have deep southern roots, I personally don't use the word at all.

That would be using the word in a DIFFERENT CONTEXT genius. Saying "what up N!" to my boy is not the same as saying "what up N!" to anelderly person who grew up during segregation. CONTEXT! You can have your opinion on whether or not the word should be used at all, but sitting here tryingto argue with me that there is only one context that the word can be used is just silly.

If you know anyone who grew up in the south back when things were segregated etc, I suggest you talk to them and see what that word means to them. Explain to them how you have put a positive spin on it by erasing the "er" and throing an "a" on the end. It's a hateful word that many of our elder generation had to hear on a daily basis because of ignorance due to their skin color. It's too bad that you do condone this word especially since many of your relatives (assuming you're black) were subjected to the same type of language in a hateful manner before you were even on this planet. Out of respect to many of my relatives who have deep southern roots, I personally don't use the word at all.

That would be using the word in a DIFFERENT CONTEXT genius. Saying "what up N!" to my boy is not the same as saying "what up N!" to an elderly person who grew up during segregation. CONTEXT, genius.
You still sound foolish and ignorant....but to each his own.

What I was getting at was this (which was my comment that you decided to speak on):

There is NOTHING endearing about calling someone that word no matter what the context.

Which is why I suggest you talk to someone from the older generation and see what that word means....cause obviously you have zero clue as to the hate behindwhat you're saying...no matter how you try to spin it, genius.

i never understood that.Im just waiting for them to say it when some random black guy is around and get his ### whooped..

Back
Top Bottom