Question about the difference bewtween Uptown(NorthWest) DC and South East DC..

Originally Posted by Asia

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

They both ghetto... so don't matter.

You posting in a DC thread...so I'm assuming your from DC huh? Can't be...saying stupid stuff like that.
Rockville.. but I work with a bunch of SE people and I see people from NW... NW act like they better... but they ghetto too.. 
roll.gif
SE & Uptown > Rockville

You posting in a DC thread...so I'm assuming your from DC huh? Can't be...saying stupid stuff like that.
Rockville.. but I work with a bunch of SE people and I see people from NW... NW act like they better... but they ghetto too.. 
roll.gif
Yup...So people who live in Goergetown and Dupont Circle are ghetto....

9b436cb7123d9e7c6b703c1ef266c41d36a1ff21_r.gif

See you at the Mad Hatter bud....

86e363451ca59648657c3286f901c32ef7922ba8_r.gif

roll.gif
Yup...So people who live in Goergetown and Dupont Circle are ghetto....

9b436cb7123d9e7c6b703c1ef266c41d36a1ff21_r.gif

See you at the Mad Hatter bud....

86e363451ca59648657c3286f901c32ef7922ba8_r.gif

NW act like they better... but they ghetto too.. 
roll.gif
[Finch] "I don't like the kid but he's gotta point" [American Pie]

laugh.gif

I'm assuming he's referring to people like me, born/raised in NW in 80s/90s before these new 2003 and later folks/gentrification.

*raises hands to Jesus*

laugh.gif

NW act like they better... but they ghetto too.. 
roll.gif
[Finch] "I don't like the kid but he's gotta point" [American Pie]

laugh.gif

I'm assuming he's referring to people like me, born/raised in NW in 80s/90s before these new 2003 and later folks/gentrification.

*raises hands to Jesus*

laugh.gif

I stayed away from this thread, for numerous reasons.

Mainly because, the D.C. I grew up in, and knew, really doesn't exist anymore. So why bother talking about the 80s and 90s and early 00s?

There are 7 white families now on my block now in Petworth. 3 Hispanic families. Block was 100% African-American until 2001. So, things have changed.

But, the dude that made the comment about "sections" is telling the truth. I knew nothing about S.E. until I got old enough to drive, besides riding through, because I had NO reason to go there (this was pre-subway of course). Just like most NOVA folks never crossed that 14 Street Bridge on leisure back then, lol.

Continue....

I stayed away from this thread, for numerous reasons.

Mainly because, the D.C. I grew up in, and knew, really doesn't exist anymore. So why bother talking about the 80s and 90s and early 00s?

There are 7 white families now on my block now in Petworth. 3 Hispanic families. Block was 100% African-American until 2001. So, things have changed.

But, the dude that made the comment about "sections" is telling the truth. I knew nothing about S.E. until I got old enough to drive, besides riding through, because I had NO reason to go there (this was pre-subway of course). Just like most NOVA folks never crossed that 14 Street Bridge on leisure back then, lol.

Continue....

I like UPT DC, but the people there are somewhat stuck up. I don't think I could live up there though due to the fact that I am not a city person by all means.. I am from PG county if that matters... The part of UPT DC that I was exposed to and been through was the part by Silver Spring, Maryland and Bethesda, Maryland.. 

I like UPT DC, but the people there are somewhat stuck up. I don't think I could live up there though due to the fact that I am not a city person by all means.. I am from PG county if that matters... The part of UPT DC that I was exposed to and been through was the part by Silver Spring, Maryland and Bethesda, Maryland.. 

Back
Top Bottom