question for "The Wire" heads...

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

What was the point of Rawls being shown in a gay bar when brother Monzones dude was there looking for omar?
There's no point, in regards to the overall story. It's just part of the subtle character development they employed during the show. They didn't have to do it, but they did, to add the twist.

I would argue that it adds to one of the show's themes that stretches across all five seasons regarding how intertwined all these segments of the city and society are.
yea there were a lot of loose side-plots that were left untouched like Carcetti smashing that random broad and so on (although up could argue that it was to show his shift towards temperance later on) Overall, it gave as a wider perspective of the character and his development, which is appreciated. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

What was the point of Rawls being shown in a gay bar when brother Monzones dude was there looking for omar?
There's no point, in regards to the overall story. It's just part of the subtle character development they employed during the show. They didn't have to do it, but they did, to add the twist.

I would argue that it adds to one of the show's themes that stretches across all five seasons regarding how intertwined all these segments of the city and society are.
yea there were a lot of loose side-plots that were left untouched like Carcetti smashing that random broad and so on (although up could argue that it was to show his shift towards temperance later on) Overall, it gave as a wider perspective of the character and his development, which is appreciated. 
pimp.gif

I thought D'Agostino was pretty clearly portrayed as a female version of McNulty who you could throw a quick %%*# at and not get attached. She got her win bonus and I'm sure is back in DC.

Rawls was a one-off thing with no context or followup. Which isn't necessarily bad.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

pimp.gif

I thought D'Agostino was pretty clearly portrayed as a female version of McNulty who you could throw a quick %%*# at and not get attached. She got her win bonus and I'm sure is back in DC.

Rawls was a one-off thing with no context or followup. Which isn't necessarily bad.

Just watched the end of Season 3 and I am pisssssed!

Spoiler [+]
STRINGER BELL GONE?!??!?!?! such ****! Should I even watch S4?

Spoiler [+]
STRINGER BELL GONE?!??!?!?! such ****! Should I even watch S4?

Originally Posted by hymen man

Spoiler [+]
Regarding to your spoiler, yes you should watch season 4 its still worth it. But i feel your pain man, i feel your pain. The character you are referring to in your spoiler was definitely one of my favorites so it was sad to see him go. 
tired.gif

Spoiler [+]
Regarding to your spoiler, yes you should watch season 4 its still worth it. But i feel your pain man, i feel your pain. The character you are referring to in your spoiler was definitely one of my favorites so it was sad to see him go. 
tired.gif

Finished Season One last night, loved it. Started Season 2........... does it get better down the road? Not really feeling the Dock story-line, i'll prob. keep watching though.
Season 2 is the most important of the series. You will learn to appreciate it later on down the road. Season 4, however, is the best season, and perhaps the best single season of TV in history.

Finished Season One last night, loved it. Started Season 2........... does it get better down the road? Not really feeling the Dock story-line, i'll prob. keep watching though.
Season 2 is the most important of the series. You will learn to appreciate it later on down the road. Season 4, however, is the best season, and perhaps the best single season of TV in history.

Yeah, 4 episodes in on S4.. it's my favorite right now. Moving at a great pace and there's more development on all the characters involved. I feel for my dude Dukie, son got it rough. I saw Namond on Tyra a few weeks ago complainin' that he can't get a job acting and he doesn't wanna go back to school
laugh.gif
, think it was an old episode though. Heard from everyone Season 5 is the weakest. I liked Season 2 by the end, everything came together perfectly... just the first 3-4 episodes were really boring and dragged. I liked Nick Sobatka, he was chill.

Yeah, 4 episodes in on S4.. it's my favorite right now. Moving at a great pace and there's more development on all the characters involved. I feel for my dude Dukie, son got it rough. I saw Namond on Tyra a few weeks ago complainin' that he can't get a job acting and he doesn't wanna go back to school
laugh.gif
, think it was an old episode though. Heard from everyone Season 5 is the weakest. I liked Season 2 by the end, everything came together perfectly... just the first 3-4 episodes were really boring and dragged. I liked Nick Sobatka, he was chill.

This 
pimp.gif

This 
pimp.gif

Just got a question: Why is S5 so hated on? I almost don't want S4 to end 'cause I've heard so much crap about S5 not being that good... iamdisappoint.

Just got a question: Why is S5 so hated on? I almost don't want S4 to end 'cause I've heard so much crap about S5 not being that good... iamdisappoint.

Season 5 is good, really good...it's just not as good when you compare it to the rest of the series which is a bit unfair *shrugs*

Like how people hate on The Godfather 3 ...good film but gets unfair comparisons when then the first two films were flawless

I think most viewers problem with Season 5 was it happened too fast (only ten episodes) so it felt a bit rushed when giving closure to all the previous storylines...Also the new storyline may have been a reason too, I wished it had more time to develop even more...but I loved it regardless

Season 5 is good, really good...it's just not as good when you compare it to the rest of the series which is a bit unfair *shrugs*

Like how people hate on The Godfather 3 ...good film but gets unfair comparisons when then the first two films were flawless

I think most viewers problem with Season 5 was it happened too fast (only ten episodes) so it felt a bit rushed when giving closure to all the previous storylines...Also the new storyline may have been a reason too, I wished it had more time to develop even more...but I loved it regardless

Back
Top Bottom