R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman

Generally speaking, Stage 3 is a weakened but alert state. At this point, they feel the pain of the tumors, and undergoing chemo sessions make them very tired and exhausted. Bones become weakened. There maybe bowel obstruction, its difficult to use the bathroom, a device maybe needed to pee. They may need more surgery to remove part of their colon or intestine, and they would have a bag permanently attached to them. Also, ascites starts to trap the lungs and the abdomen swells. Fluids start to build up making it tough to breathe. Sometimes they go to hospitals as much as they need to remove that liquid.

Stage 4, at that point, you can tell its death, the cancer really has spread almost all over, colon, appendix, heart. Lymph nodes are very swollen. Patients lose the ability to talk, their eyes enlarge and close as they feel the pain. Oxycodone and morphine basically have no effect. They can barely move. You're basically trying to carry an almost lifeless person. They are quite skinny like a skeleton. Think Steve Jobs in 2010 or 2011 when he looked so skinny and unhealthy.

At that point they probably think or say death is better than to suffer through that. When they reach a point where they are confused about time and place, they talk to themselves, or things we don't see, that's them getting ready to die.

My sister was 36, diagnosed at 32 with advanced stage 3 ovarian. It progressed to 4. She died last year.
This really hit home for me,lost my uncle who was basically like my father to Stage 4 Kidney cancer last year.Sept 4th will make a year since he passed...My condolences to you my guy

here was a thread created back in april of this year where people noticed he looked sickly
Thread should just be deleted honestly.

It doesn't age well at all.

solewoman solewoman darthska darthska

RIP. Cancer is a monster.
My mom and my best friend hid it from most friends and family so they can remember them when they were strong.
Rest in Wakanda King.
Never had experienced pain like that before. Now I know that heartache is a real thing. It literally feels like something is missing from your chest at times.

I go to work everyday and get PTSD, working on a oncology unit. It is a rewarding feeling and I make sure my staff know how privileged we are everyday to be the ones going home and not the ones in the bed

Never had experienced pain like that before. Now I know that heartache is a real thing. It literally feels like something is missing from your chest at times.

I go to work everyday and get PTSD, working on a oncology unit. It is a rewarding feeling and I make sure my staff know how privileged we are everyday to be the ones going home and not the ones in the bed

My doctor says men are getting colon cancer now at a younger age. She says it's the environment.
I did a non-intrusive exam that tests your stool, it's called Cologuard and costs around $500. Unfortunately, most insurance doesn't cover until age 40.
My best friend in the center was only 34 when he passed away from Stage 4 colon cancer, our last outing together at a Mets game
Seth.JPG

Last edited:
As we mourn the tragic loss of this great man, I think it's important to acknowledge he lived a fulfilling 43 years. Many people live to be double his age while accomplishing less than half. He strove to be a well known actor, and did so playing roles that made a difference to so many people. He never gave up on his dream and was able to succeed at the craft he loved. So as we mourn his passing, let's also celebrate his achievements
RIP to a legend 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

May God bless his soul.

I know this is a predominately male site, so I want to remind everyone (especially my fellow Black men) to get your colon screened when it is time.

No need to jeopardize your health and life over ignorance.
I think it was DC and myself who brought this up in another thread. DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , I apologize if it were not you, but when discussed it was ridiculed, laughed at, with sexual stigma attached. I am speaking to the Black men here, handle your business. Proper hygiene plays a large part in preventing this. We already have a battle where the white supremacist system is trying to eliminate us, do not allow our own stupidity be the thing that will push us toward peril as well. Not only is financial wealth necessary, but your health is a part of that wealth as well.

This really hit home for me,lost my uncle who was basically like my father to Stage 4 Kidney cancer last year.Sept 4th will make a year since he passed...My condolences to you my guy
Thank you dude. R.i.p to your uncle 🙇‍♂️ I hope you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom