R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

you know what really milked the kobe models and made them look alike and generally mashed up as 1 cluster of a carbon copy, was when they started doing the affordable take-down model line. I'll admit when I used to wear the 5/6/8, people often commented and confused the wrong model or just straight up ask which ones are those and they would google up the takedown models

You might rep something or someone even more when their gone for a number of reasons. Let’s quit the hate and celebrate.
C99AD74D-145F-47F6-BA9A-77D9219939FA.jpeg

Are these actual jerseys on the backseats? You aint scared somebody's gonna try to break in to get them?

Last edited:
The media used to make Kobe look like a weirdo loner who wasn't liked by his peers and it was perpetuated across online forums for many years. All the stories coming out from Kobe taking AI to dinner when he was a rookie, to T-Mac staying with him and his parents, to going on a beer run with an unknown Jimmy Fallon.... shows that he was more common than we once thought. He was passionate about his craft but beyond that he enjoyed the simple life and that was the way he and the other passengers spent their final moments.

I held off from watching this video for so long holy **** why did I pick now :emoji_cry:

gonna miss his wisdom. all those interviews on youtube after he retired, I looked for kobe to give me some truth about dealing with struggles, hardship, work ethic, and overcoming them. Felt like the brother I never had. Realest human

That Jimmy Fallon video brought tears again man. The story about the beer run they did.

It’s so light hearted and uplifting and happy. Then he breaks down when he talks about meeting up with Kobe again When they’re both adults and both have daughters of their own.

And then “ To Vanessa and all those affected by this tragedy....we love you and will always be there for all of you.......Kobe, when we meet again, we’re going on a beer run 😢

Bruh I can’t. Was no Kobe fan growing up. People compared me to him all through high school because I looked just like him with the mini fro. I graduated in 04’ so my prime high school basketball era was during the 3-peat lakers. I’m a die hard Blazers fan so I had to deal with heartbreak and daggers from him year in and year out. I respected his game to the FULLEST and tried to be him so bad.

This is the hardest I’ve ever been hit by a death of someone I never knew. Nothing comes close. This is KOBE man. Black Mamba and his lil Mambacita. This is crazy how I feel grief over this but I do. It’s bigger than basketball man.

This **** is still so hard to believe. Every time I hop back online and read/watch more people telling stories, I am right back to crying like a baby.

One of the things giving me comfort though (sorry if it has been mentioned already), about 10 years ago before Twitter was really huge, Niketalk was really where a lot of us came to interact about basic stuff as well, and the General forum was a different world :lol:

One night though, in 2010 when I was in college, I hopped on and saw a new thread about a Kobe photoshoot. The amount of times that thread made me cry laughing :rofl: Still to this day I have the images of a few of the best photoshops in my mind. There were always a few monumental threads/stories a year, but that was one of the legendary HOF Niketalk threads that will make me cherish this place forever. :pimp: Thanks for all the great memories, including all the laughs Kobe. RIP Bean & Gigi
kb-white-hot.jpg

Look at Kobe being a stylegod even back then. Y’all roasted my goat in the celeb heat thread over that spread. Few years later future hendrix gets the cowboy hat rocking again.

This **** is still so hard to believe. Every time I hop back online and read/watch more people telling stories, I am right back to crying like a baby.

One of the things giving me comfort though (sorry if it has been mentioned already), about 10 years ago before Twitter was really huge, Niketalk was really where a lot of us came to interact about basic stuff as well, and the General forum was a different world :lol:

One night though, in 2010 when I was in college, I hopped on and saw a new thread about a Kobe photoshoot. The amount of times that thread made me cry laughing :rofl: Still to this day I have the images of a few of the best photoshops in my mind. There were always a few monumental threads/stories a year, but that was one of the legendary HOF Niketalk threads that will make me cherish this place forever. :pimp: Thanks for all the great memories, including all the laughs Kobe. RIP Bean & Gigi
kb-white-hot.jpg

The most HANDSOME KOBE every looked.

Still can't believe how Nike played the boy with models 5-8 being basically the same generic shoe

don't forget IV.

III's were hideous, I& II's were fire..had it not been for da Colorado ish, da 2k4's and 2k5's would've been proper Kobe's instead of proto signatures ala Air flight One's (pennys) & air More Uptempos (pippens)

Back
Top Bottom