R.I.P. PAUL WALKER

Yesterday i was in shock all day, i dont ever remember a celeb death actually effecting me. But this death did, i was real sad the entire day. I really love him as a actor and not just from the fast and furious francise but movies like road kill etc, he had intense acting abilities and came accross a real nice guy in interviews. Now its today that feelings past but was a strange day to see how many ppls life it effected, yes alot of other ppl die daily. I guess movie stars can sometimes feel like friends to some ppl

Yesterday i was in shock all day, i dont ever remember a celeb death actually effecting me. But this death did, i was real sad the entire day. I really love him as a actor and not just from the fast and furious francise but movies like road kill etc, he had intense acting abilities and came accross a real nice guy in interviews. Now its today that feelings past but was a strange day to see how many ppls life it effected, yes alot of other ppl die daily. I guess movie stars can sometimes feel like friends to some ppl
Paul Walker was so much more than just an actor.  This guy really was an amazing and compassionate person.  He started a humanitarian aid organization called REACH OUT worldwide and flew to Haiti and Chile in 2010 with his team to provide support to the victims and help in the recovery in those tragic earthquakes.  He was on his way to a charity car show in Santa Clarita on Saturday when the crash occurred which was to benefit the relief efforts in the Philippines.  This guy lived an incredible life and gave back as much or more than he was given.  He loved the ocean and surfing, and became a member of the board for the Billfish Foundation which brings awareness to protecting the world's oceans and its inhabitants.  The more I read and understand who he was, acting was merely a small part of his life.  His life was short and his death tragic, but the compassion and love he showed others will life forever and it's a model of life and charity that many of us should hope to leave this world when we depart as well.  R.I.P.    

Last edited:
Paul Walker was so much more than just an actor.  This guy really was an amazing and compassionate person.  He started a humanitarian aid organization called REACH OUT worldwide and flew to Haiti and Chile in 2010 with his team to provide support to the victims and help in the recovery in those tragic earthquakes.  He was on his way to a charity car show in Santa Clarita on Saturday when the crash occurred which was to benefit the relief efforts in the Philippines.  This guy lived an incredible life and gave back as much or more than he was given.  He loved the ocean and surfing, and became a member of the board for the Billfish Foundation which brings awareness to protecting the world's oceans and its inhabitants.  The more I read and understand who he was, acting was merely a small part of his life.  His life was short and his death tragic, but the compassion and love he showed others will life forever and it's a model of life and charity that many of us should hope to leave this world when we depart as well.  R.I.P.    

Yeh 100%. Im aware he was involved in more then just movies, thats why i feel like it hit hard to alot of ppl because he was such a genuwine and giving compassionate person. Rare to have someone like him exist and to have him now gone is bad for not just his family but everyone he came in contact with or was helping. Rest In Paradise PW. Sorely missed figure.

Honestly can't figure out why his death has been bothering me so much. I'm into the whole car enthusiast scene, even the much more dangerous aspect of street racing. This seriously has me at aww, I just told my brother that I remember seeing the first F&F back in 01 when we were both youngins. Running around the house pretending to race each other. He was Paul and I was Vin. :lol: Honestly don't want to believe that it's true. That last video of him 30 minutes before the accident. :frown:

Watch this guys. He was a great person, amazing actor and this video had me speachless :-/

GMG racing worked on the car days ago.

Mechanical failure could have led to the accident, but since the car is mangled to pieces, we'll never know.

GMG Racing is one of the very few independent shops that has a certified Porsche Gold Meister technician that is experienced with the vehicle. Porsche has a very stringent and demanding training regiment to become a qualified Porsche Technician. The Porsche Gold Meister designation recognizes the best of the best. Due to the complexity of the Carrera GT, only highly trained Porsche Gold Meister level technicians are certified to service the vehicle.

A 4 Year Service for the Porsche Carerra GT is very intensive and requires the car to be disassembled and it entails the following work:

Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory
Change engine oil and oil filter
Change manual transmission oil and oil filter
Replace drive belt
Check valve clearance
Replace coolant regulator
Power-assisted steering: Check fluid level
Underside of vehicle and engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils and fluids)
and chafing (lines and hoses)
Under body covers: Visual inspection for completeness, fastening and signs of damage
Coolant hoses: Check condition
Radiators and air inlets: Visual inspection for external debris and blockage
Coolant: Check level and antifreeze
Air cleaner housing: Visual inspection for contamination
Combination filter: Replace filter element
Fuel lines and connections: Visual inspection for damage and leaks
Wheel securing device: Check function
Wheel nuts: Visual inspection for wear
Parking brake: Check free play of the parking brake lever
Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for signs of wear
Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for damage, correct routing and corrosion
Brake fluid: Check level
Clutch: Check play or final position of pedal
Clutch plates: Check for signs of wear
Throttle actuation: Check smoothness of operation, full-throttle position with the tester
Steering gear: Visual inspection of the bellows for signs of damage
Tie rod ends: Check play and dust bellows
Axle joints: Check play; visual inspection of the dust bellows for signs of damage; check tightness of ball joints at the
front axle and screw connections on the suspensions at the front and rear
Drive shafts: Visual inspection of the boots for leaks and signs of damage
Exhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and signs of damage, check mounts and heat shields
Vacuum units for exhaust flaps: Check function
Magnesium wheels: Visual inspection for damage
Tires: Check condition and tire pressure
Check door locks, lid locks and safety hook of the front lid to ensure that they are seated firmly and function properly
Roof panels: Check function
Rear wing drive: Check fluid level, operation and end position
Vehicle lights: Check operation
All headlights: Check setting
Horn: Check operation
Windshield wiper/washer, headlight washer: Check fluid level and nozzle settings,
make sure to check the antifreeze during winter months
Safety belts: Check operation and condition
Electrical equipment as well as indicator and warning lights: Check operation
During road or dynamometer test: Radio remote control, seats, brake pedal and parking brake
(also operating travel), engine, clutch, steering system, transmission, TC switch, rear wing, heating,
air-conditioning system and instruments: Check operation
Oils, fluids: Visual inspection for leaks
Replace tire sealant
Check batteries for tire pressure control system
Check airbag system
Mounts for assemblies: Visual inspection of all hydraulic mounts for damage
Replace spark plugs
Air cleaner: Replace filter element

Apparently he had some important scenes that were supposed to be shot this coming week for the new movie. They don't know what they're going to do next. The cast and crew are said to be very distraught...

How did the car burst into flames i want to know, in such a high end race car. I thought that was myth that car blew up, from the looks they must have been clocking that dial out to close to 200........... Least it looks like he didnt suffer....

Porsche Carrera GT Review by Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear.  612HP with top speed of 205mph.  Very ominous sounding handling characteristics.  This sounds like the kind of vehicle only a professional should be driving. 
The driver was a professional.

I may be wrong but I think the Carrera GT didnt even have airbags... I know they were discontinued quickly and very hard to import to the US due to safety regulations.
mean.gif

i hate to say it but i don't think airbags were going to be a difference maker in that accident

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/paul-walker-dead-porsche-carrera-2872356

"It's 5.7 litre V10 engine - originally designed for racing but now it's in a road car and the effect is absolutely mind-blowing

"You need to be awake to drive this fast. It really isn't an easy car to control."

"The clutch is brutal, the power is savage and the handling....you really are on a knife edge. But if you put in the effort boy, oh boy do you get the rewards.

"It is a phenomena - mind blowingly good. Make a mistake - it bites your head off."

Yeah, this car is by no means your typical sports high-end luxury performance car. So sad.

Sad news indeed. Seemed like a good dude and by all accounts was one.

TMZ just irks me as do the few trolls coming into a thread like this

Last edited:
:smh: As a diehard FF fan I still cannot believe...

But as a good person, philanthropist, father, he will be missed. RIP

Jeremy Clarkson and The Stig could barely control that car...

Looks scary, I wouldn't even want to drive that thing. :x

Coming from somebody who has driven an 800hp R33 GTR Skyline.

Interesting to see how the studio moves forward from this. Back when Heath passed, at least TDK was already completed and they could release the film in it's entirety posthumously. As for this, the film is currently in production and the studio has stated they plan on maintaining his work. Curious to see how they're going to tie everything together, specifically his story line. :rolleyes RIP

How did the car burst into flames i want to know, in such a high end race car. I thought that was myth that car blew up, from the looks they must have been clocking that dial out to close to 200........... Least it looks like he didnt suffer....

Being a mid/rear engine car the fuel cell was located in the front of the car near the point of impact.

Just feels weird that he passed..hard to believe...kinda like when Bernie Mac died...I see reruns or him on TV and it doesn't even seem like he passed.

:smh::smh::smh:

http://www.christiantoday.com/artic...ptist.church.date.not.announced.yet/34875.htm

Paul Walker funeral to be picketed by Westboro Baptist Church; date not announced yet
Published 01 December 2013 | Sarah Weng

The Westboro Baptist Church is stirring up controversy once again by announcing that its members will be picketing at the funeral for late actor Paul Walker, who passed away suddenly in a car crash Nov. 30, 2013.

Although the funeral arrangement or date have yet to be announced by Walker's family, the Westboro Baptist Church was quick to tweet: "The furious God cut off Paul Walker! Thank God for His condign wrath! WBC to picket funeral!..Paul Walker had a duty to live sober, righteous, godly #HeFailed #InHell Wants YOU to heed our warning (Luke 16). "

The church also posted photos with the words: "Be Wise: Fear God" with the caption "Paul served himself & the gods of his world."

The Westboro Baptist Church is infamous for its vulgar pickets at funerals of fallen U.S. soldiers and other celebrities.

A number of celebrities took to Twitter to offer their condolences and express shock at the sudden death of the Fast and the Furious actor.

Zoe Saldana tweeted: "A very sad day indeed. R.I.P. Paul Walker. Our prayers are with you and your family."

Fellow actor Tyson Beckford said, "RIP Paul Walker,loved working with you on "Into the Blue". I Will miss you."

Justin Bieber: "RIP Paul Walker"

Jordin Sparks: "Life is so fragile. Sending tons of my love & prayers to his family & friends. RIP Paul Walker.

Kevin Hart: "I'm a devastated right now. My prayers & condolences go out to Paul Walkers family & friends. He was a amazing talent & will truly b missed"

Walker is survived by his 15-year-old daughter Meadow Rain Walker.

Crazy...

RIP and condolences to his family & friends. 

Back
Top Bottom