R.I.P Trayvon

your right on that. Nothing good can come from what he did in pursuing Trayvon after he was told that they didn't want him to :smh:
from what i have seen manslaughter was what he should have been charged with, and im sure guilty. Its a shame they can let somebody walk because they are too dumb to charge someone with the right offense

And to Mister Friendly: Yeah i saw your post, it helped a lot. Thanks my dude

He was charged with 2nd degree and manslaughter

They could choose which on they wanted

first of thanks for actually replying with facts instead of the other dudes who just want to post a emotion con or say im wrong but don't say why
second i swear i read somewhere that GZ stated on his 911 call that TM was walking in-between homes and peering in-between windows, I don't know why he would lie about it. maybe to get cops to show up faster? idk obviously like i said im not to educated on this case. Maybe he couldn't remember what home was his dad's girlfriends since he didn't live there so he was looking inside to identify things to find his home?
Now if GZ did not state on his 911 call that TM was looking in homes and said this later than i would agree that he was more than likely racial profiling

He didnt say anything about" windows and peering between houses"

The defense brought a witness that testified about a black kid in the area who was stealing.

I believe GZ thought trayvon was this black kid and approached him to apprehend him until the cops came.

SMH yeah i just listened to this. IDK where people are thinking he was peering through windows and going between homes.

I really thought they would get manslaughter
Goerge story was unbelievable and unreasonable. He caused the death if this young man and called it gods plan. He cant even admit he regrets getting out of the car.He continues to follow him and that map proves it.I too believe he was trying to catch him for the cops.

WHEN will the Feds charge him with something, because I know they can?

saw the verdict and as disgusting as it is i'm not surprised.

IMO the biggest flaw in the legal system is the way juries are selected. unfortunately a jury of your peers often means a jury of idiots who go off their opinion rather than the law and the facts laid before them.

i feel for trayvon's parents, and they've handled it incredibly well so far. i can't imagine what it would be like to have my child's death paraded around in the media like this.

it's hard not to compare this to other jail stories in the new lately. crazy to live in a world where people can be jailed for their freedom of speech and let walk after murdering an unarmed minor.

IMO the biggest flaw in the legal system is the way juries are selected. unfortunately a jury of your peers often means a jury of idiots who go off their opinion rather than the law and the facts laid before them.

i feel for trayvon's parents, and they've handled it incredibly well so far. i can't imagine what it would be like to have my child's death paraded around in the media like this.

it's hard not to compare this to other jail stories in the new lately. crazy to live in a world where people can be jailed for their freedom of speech and let walk after murdering an unarmed minor.

That's a great point about his parents. At the end of all of this, they are still left without a child. However, they'll be hearing arguments about the verdict and civil rights issues that may be raised for quite some time. I hope that they can remain strong throughout.

As for the legal aspect, what is the argument using the law (rather than opinion) against Zimmerman's self-defense argument? I'm not being facetious, I just don't know enough detailed facts to conclude whether it's valid or not.

That's a great point about his parents. At the end of all of this, they are still left without a child. However, they'll be hearing arguments about the verdict and civil rights issues that may be raised for quite some time. I hope that they can remain strong throughout.

As for the legal aspect, what is the argument using the law (rather than opinion) against Zimmerman's self-defense argument? I'm not being facetious, I just don't know enough detailed facts to conclude whether it's valid or not.

That Zimmerman had a gun and Martin didn't

Starting a fight and then being in a one minute grappling match doesn't mean you are in fatal danger.

Zimmerman had no serious injuries, hows that self defense?

That Zimmerman had a gun and Martin didn't

Starting a fight and then being in a one minute grappling match doesn't mean you are in fatal danger.

Zimmerman had no serious injuries, hows that self defense?

It would probably first matter who hit who first, which I assume Zimmerman said Martin was the physical aggressor. Unfortunately, nobody can refute that. As for the injuries, I keep hearing differing accounts. Some people say they weren't serious while others say Martin slammed Zimmerman's head into the concrete. Was it ever clarified at trial? If it was never escalated to warrant deadly force, then you'd likely be right about there being no self-defense. I just didnt know if it was determined if it escalated to that point and who escalated it to that point first.

Last edited:
Not surprised at the verdict....that being said (I didn't follow this trial at all), what was the racial makeup of the jury?

Also, I know this was a hot-button topic for a number of legit reasons....but does anyone think that there needs to be just as much focus (or more) on the murder rate in cities like Chicago as there was for this trial?

Not surprised at the verdict....that being said (I didn't follow this trial at all), what was the racial makeup of the jury?

Also, I know this was a hot-button topic for a number of legit reasons....but does anyone think that there needs to be just as much focus (or more) on the murder rate in cities like Chicago as there was for this trial?

five white women...one hispanic woman

of course there should be more focus on that..but inner city violence will never hit the front pages..it never has...never will

Last edited:
How Zimmerman gonna live life outside of his home? People from all races are going to want this mans head. I personally think George should be jailed for 10 years at the very least. However, alot of people are clueless and have no idea what the exact details are. All ignorant folks see this as a racist act and since Trayvon is Black, the African American community already pasts judgement on Trayvon as an upstanding human being. From what I've seen Trayvon has been suspended numerous times from school, involved in fights at school and busted for marijuana. The kid isn't an angel but should be owe'd justice. Zimmermans team did well.

Just read this comment on CNN, what is your opinion on it?
"How many black kids in Chicago 17 and younger have been murdered in the last 17 months. But wait, those killers were black so it didn't matter"
Not trolling, serious question.

This is pure deflection

Lets say your house is robbed. You lose thousands of dollars. They catch the robber. But hey who cares? Why have a trial? We have bankers and wall street stealing billions of dollars from people. That's what the focus should be.

**** your justice because we have more important things to talk about. I don't see what Chicago killings have to do with a wanna be cop shooting an unarmed person

Unless he goes off the grid completely it's just a matter of time until he gets railed with bullets. I'm suprised this case isn't getting any publicity on the news here in Belgium considering how big it is.

Unless he goes off the grid completely it's just a matter of time until he gets railed with bullets. I'm suprised this case isn't getting any publicity on the news here in Belgium considering how big it is.
Please. People threaten violence against high profile cases like this all the time. Nothing ever happens. Casey Anthony was still walking around last I checked.

Please. People threaten violence against high profile cases like this all the time. Nothing ever happens. Casey Anthony was still walking around last I checked.
why did Casey Anthony's trial even make the national news? I'm still curious about that

Just read this comment on CNN, what is your opinion on it?
"How many black kids in Chicago 17 and younger have been murdered in the last 17 months. But wait, those killers were black so it didn't matter"
Not trolling, serious question.

This is pure deflection

Lets say your house is robbed. You lose thousands of dollars. They catch the robber. But hey who cares? Why have a trial? We have bankers and wall street stealing billions of dollars from people. That's what the focus should be.

**** your justice because we have more important things to talk about. I don't see what Chicago killings have to do with a wanna be cop shooting an unarmed person

I think he's saying where is the public outrage for those murders...
They are an afterthought and dont get nationwide coverage.
As soon as theres "racism", Al Sharpton and all them ****** got **** to say

yo can someone recap the trial?

also were there any witnesses? and what is this ihear about some photos? are there photos of them before or during the incident?

How Zimmerman gonna live life outside of his home? People from all races are going to want this mans head. I personally think George should be jailed for 10 years at the very least. However, alot of people are clueless and have no idea what the exact details are. All ignorant folks see this as a racist act and since Trayvon is Black, the African American community already pasts judgement on Trayvon as an upstanding human being. From what I've seen Trayvon has been suspended numerous times from school, involved in fights at school and busted for marijuana. The kid isn't an angel but should be owe'd justice. Zimmermans team did well.
first off, black people should not be generalized.

you FEEL that black people all think one of kind of way and its based off of numerous instanes of the justice system ******** on us.

secondly, if you're going to bring up trayvon's IRRELEVANT past, then you need to bring up zimmerman's past of domestic violence and speaking in code with his wife about the money they received among other things.

trayvon was a child. how many children get suspended from school...?

a child should be killed because they've been suspended "numerous" times? what was this kids gpa anyway, since he was such a "thug?"

:rolleyes

probably had a better gpa than you...

I think he's saying where is the public outrage for those murders...
They are an afterthought and dont get nationwide coverage.
As soon as theres "racism", Al Sharpton and all them ****** got **** to say
they are NOT an afterthought. YOU just don't hear about it because of the community it happens to...

but as soon as some children get killed in a lily white area of the country it makes national news.

i said it. i said it because its true. those things come to light if it directly impacts white america or if it can be tied to the president (like that girl that got killed that was a part of the inauguration).

and people are always quick to bring up al sharpton. if it weren't for al sharpton a lot of ******** would get swept under the rug. people don't like him because he brings things to light that makes said people feel uncomfortable.

period.

Who gives a ish if its a white vs black thing..everyone is entitled to their own opinion but as human beings lets look at the Bigger picture a kid lost his life for what "self defense" and he gets away Scott free without any indictment not even manslaughter ..i got could less what skin color anyone was a lost of life and nothing comes out of it in the end it's a lose lose for everyone

Back
Top Bottom