R.I.P Trayvon

Found this on another board:

View media item 500313

Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that.

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

A black male who could've been Trayvon Martin

I thought about when my mom would let me stay at home alone, and her instructions were to not leave the house.
Somethings telling me Trayvon had the same instructions and thought going to 7-11 was harmless, and he could be back before his dad and his fiance got home.
Makes me think about all the times I snuck out when I wasn't supposed to.
Not saying this is what happened, just something I thought about today.

and I thought about when I was younger and my mom worked 4 PM - 12AM, when I came from after school there was usually a note on the table. "Here's $10, buy you and your brother a sandwich and one snack"

Btw people saying he should of ran home, wasn't it said that where he was shot was on the street of his pops home? So wasn't he on his way home? My little bro in the house and a strange man following me last thing I'm doing is leading him into my home when I don't know his intentions.

Last edited:
I thought about when my mom would let me stay at home alone, and her instructions were to not leave the house.
Somethings telling me Trayvon had the same instructions and thought going to 7-11 was harmless, and he could be back before his dad and his fiance got home.
Makes me think about all the times I snuck out when I wasn't supposed to.
Not saying this is what happened, just something I thought about today.
**** you talking bout *****?

Found this on another board:

Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that.

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

A black male who could've been Trayvon Martin
I doubt it aint no black men shot and killed a kid, get acquitted and come out 300k richer.

And as far as the rest of the stuff in the letter unless he stay in a mixed/minority neighborhood non of the other stuff will happen.

As far as jobs etc....lets be real he is white so he is in a who you know situation so employment isn't an issue.

i really hope marissa alexander gets her case reversed. where is the official petition?

View media item 500409

**** you talking bout *****?

You drunk bro?
I'm quite certain those were his Dad's instructions.
That's the reason the other kid stayed at home. They likely weren't supposed to leave while the adults were not home.
Tracy Martin knew a black male walking at night in that neighborhood would be profiled by the cops.
He was right about the profiling, but it was a coward wannabe cop that profiled AND murdered his son.

You drunk bro?
That's the reason the other kid stayed at home. They likely weren't supposed to leave while the adults were not home.
Tracy Martin knew a black male walking at night in that neighborhood would be profiled by the cops.
He was right about the profiling, but it was a coward wannabe cop that profiled AND murdered his son.
mean.gif

Last edited:
You drunk bro?

Are you drunk? How are you certain? His pops told you? His pops told his son don't go outside because they not use to our

kind in his neighborhood?

Since when a 17 year old can't go to the store at 7 PM? Do you know it was still light outside when Trayvon Martin was in that

7/11? Acting like the kid was strolling through the streets at midnight :rofl:

The reason why the other kid stayed home is because he's under 10 years old, the hell you taking your lil bro to the store when

you coming right back?

:smh:

Last edited:
Are you drunk? How are you certain? His pops told you? His pops told his son don't go outside because they not use to our

kind in his neighborhood?

Since when a 17 year old can't go to the store at 7 PM? :rofl:

The reason why the other kid stayed home is because he's under 10 years old

The other kid was 14 when the incident happened.
He was the prosecutions first witness and said he is now 15 years old.
In the black community we give our kids instructions according to the dangers they may encounter.
Maybe you haven't read about the history of race relations in Sanford Florida.
If your not black and have never lived in a predominantly white community, you wouldn't understand the concern Tracy Martin would have for his son walking around at night.

Damn...well where's the progress in Sanford?

People down there living like slaves in fear...in America bruh...tax paying citizens living in fear like the Klan is about to start raiding at midnight again.

Listen at yourself...

In the black community we give our kids instructions...
eyes.gif

I don't know what community you live in...but dog I know plenty of black people who live in predominately white communities who don't walk around fearing for their life for what a white person might do. 

You sound pathetic...

**** boy. 

Damn...well where's the progress in Sanford?

People down there living like slaves in fear...in America bruh...tax paying citizens living in fear like the Klan is about to start raiding at midnight again.

Listen at yourself...

In the black community we give our kids instructions...
eyes.gif

I don't know what community you live in...but dog I know plenty of black people who live in predominately white communities who don't walk around fearing for their life for what a white person might do. 

You sound pathetic...

**** boy. 

Twist it how you want Miley.
All of a sudden Trayvons not a 17 year old kid.
Now you poppin off like he was a grown man free to come and go as he pleases.
Which one is it E-Gangsta?
Was he an unarmed kid, or a grown man?

The other kid was 14 when the incident happened.
He was the prosecutions first witness and said he is now 15 years old.
In the black community we give our kids instructions according to the dangers they may encounter.
Maybe you haven't read about the history of race relations in Sanford Florida.
If your not black and have never lived in a predominantly white community, you wouldn't understand the concern Tracy Martin would have for his son walking around at night.

First thing, I'm African American who was raised in South Carolina live in NYC now. It almost sounds to me like you're saying black people have a curfew in 2013. If Tracy Martin told his son not to be out at night it was because he is a father, that's what parents do. It's not anything race related. Why would he feel like his son is not safe in that neighborhood around white people? Any recent crimes white people committed against blacks in that neighborhood? If you're basing it off history, then I guess nowhere in the south is safe for black people.

Even when Jim Crow laws existed black people were allowed to stay out until 10 PM but you're telling me a 17 year black boy in 2013 can't be outside in the South at 7 PM, I'm actually amazed. By the way, the sun was still setting when he left his house to go to the store, I don't know why you keep saying "at night".

the laws don't give a **** until it starts affecting white people.

look at the difference between crack and cocaine laws.

or how people were sent to jail for years upon years for weed until all the white middle upperclass started doing it so the laws had to lax or else they'd all be in jail.

so now we just need a few incidents of regular citizens patrolling the streets daily, following women with guns to make any noise in this world.

First thing, I'm African American who was raised in South Carolina live in NYC now. It almost sounds to me like you're saying black people have a curfew in 2013. If Tracy Martin told his son not to be out at night it was because he is a father, that's what parents do. It's not anything race related. Why would he feel like his son is not safe in that neighborhood around white people? Any recent crimes white people committed against blacks in that neighborhood? If you're basing it off history, then I guess nowhere in the south is safe for black people.

Even when Jim Crow laws existed black people were allowed to stay out until 10 PM but you're telling me a 17 year black boy in 2013 can't be outside in the South at 7 PM, I'm actually amazed. By the way, the sun was still setting when he left his house to go to the store, I don't know why you keep saying "at night".

I clearly stated "profiled by cops".
His dad knew there had been break ins.
Why wouldn't he tell his son to be careful?
The store was a mile away.
In February its nearly pitch black outside around 7 o'clock.
Trayvon wasn't from Sanford. He needed to take precaution.
If cops profile black people in their own neighborhood, what makes you think they won't profile them in an all white neighborhood?

If cops profile black people in their own neighborhood, what makes you think they won't profile them in an all white neighborhood?

Yeah you're right why wouldn't a normal parent tell their child to be careful in general right? Not single out one specific thing and say hey watch out for those people. If you re read what I said, when he left his house to go to the store it wasn't pitch black. Do you know the time stamp when he was seen in 7/11? How long does it take to walk a mile? He was out his house before7 PM which was before it got dark. Trayvon wasn't from Sanford but was that his first time there? You think Tracy Martin was scared to let his son go outside, I don't. If it was dangerous why would the father or mother allow their son to visit?

Also why are you using cops as a reference, what is the relevance? If Trayvon saw a cop car following him instead of some unknown man, he would still be alive.

If you have kids I hope you're not teaching them to assume people look at them as a criminal after a certain time of the day because of their skin color. That's a really crappy way to have your kids feel about themselves.

:x :x

and you're from south dallas, famb?

cole world... smh...

hmmm. The longer this thing goes, the more unique and divided people become on the subject. For a case decided so quickly this sure seems to be divided down the middle from my experience. And the juror that interviewed with Anderson cooper was pretty revelatory.

Last edited:
GZ is in a unique position now tho

he hasnt done any interviews, came out to talk to the press... why not?  tell the world of the fear you had that night

tell people out there that hold similar notions of fear and prejudice in their heart to look at him as an example and strive to be better

GZ is in a unique position now tho

he hasnt done any interviews, came out to talk to the press... why not?  tell the world of the fear you had that night

tell people out there that hold similar notions of fear and prejudice in their heart to look at him as an example and strive to be better

If his way of thinking and talking is anything like his douche bag brother I hope he never talks to the public again

Back
Top Bottom