Racism in Orange County

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Was that racism or nationalism?

Any different from the NY > LA arguments on NT, but on a more serious note?
Spoiler [+]
Just playing the devils advocate here. Most of the protesters are obviously white, but I bet you didnt know that a lot of people in the middle east are actually considered Caucasian, so is this REALLY considered racism?

I guess one thing we learn in this case, is that it's all trivial and pointless. I'm all for the human race. We in this together 
ohwell.gif
Well there are different kinds of Caucasian. West Europeans can include Anglicans (English/Scottish/Irish), Scandinavian, etc. But you're right, technically most Middle Eastern folks would 
fit under the umbrella of Caucasian. 

Spoiler [+]
Just playing the devils advocate here. Most of the protesters are obviously white, but I bet you didnt know that a lot of people in the middle east are actually considered Caucasian, so is this REALLY considered racism?

I guess one thing we learn in this case, is that it's all trivial and pointless. I'm all for the human race. We in this together 
ohwell.gif
Well there are different kinds of Caucasian. West Europeans can include Anglicans (English/Scottish/Irish), Scandinavian, etc. But you're right, technically most Middle Eastern folks would 
fit under the umbrella of Caucasian. 

Originally Posted by presequel

OC is a pretty big county. really depends on which cities you're in.

Exactly.
TheRealMcCoy12 wrote:
why is there a mexican guy shouting "you no belong here." did anyone else find humor in that irony, or just me?

He said he was Mexican? Must've missed this part.

Originally Posted by presequel

OC is a pretty big county. really depends on which cities you're in.

Exactly.
TheRealMcCoy12 wrote:
why is there a mexican guy shouting "you no belong here." did anyone else find humor in that irony, or just me?

He said he was Mexican? Must've missed this part.

Thinking about it must really suck to be racist. Waking up every morning knowing a black man is the most powerful person in the world. The US constantly getting more diverse. Minorities being the majority in about 30 years it must really eat these people up. So there is a little part in me who feels sorry for them, they have to use hate to get by day to day.

Thinking about it must really suck to be racist. Waking up every morning knowing a black man is the most powerful person in the world. The US constantly getting more diverse. Minorities being the majority in about 30 years it must really eat these people up. So there is a little part in me who feels sorry for them, they have to use hate to get by day to day.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I always associated the West with more liberal people but these past few years have shown me otherwise. AZ, CA Orange County, Washington state etc...SMH.
Fixed for accuracy.
One of the few red counties in the state.

A SMALL county does not make a HUGE state.

I always associated the West with more liberal people but these past few years have shown me otherwise. AZ, CA Orange County, Washington state etc...SMH.
Fixed for accuracy.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Fixed for accuracy.

Word OC is the only major red county in CA. I live in the Bay though the most liberal area in the country
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Fixed for accuracy.

Word OC is the only major red county in CA. I live in the Bay though the most liberal area in the country
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Spoiler [+]

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
 at we in this together and
30t6p3b.gif
 at people in the middle east are white

I said Caucasian, not white. You probably don't even know the difference, but it really doesn't matter. And are we NOT in this together? If a nuke drops on this planet and you need a doctor for medical attention, are you really gonna care about the color of their skin, religion, or nationality? See how trivial this is?

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Spoiler [+]

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
 at we in this together and
30t6p3b.gif
 at people in the middle east are white

I said Caucasian, not white. You probably don't even know the difference, but it really doesn't matter. And are we NOT in this together? If a nuke drops on this planet and you need a doctor for medical attention, are you really gonna care about the color of their skin, religion, or nationality? See how trivial this is?

As long as the spread of information continues with the internet this population will continue to dwindle.

Let them have their last cries of insanity.

As long as the spread of information continues with the internet this population will continue to dwindle.

Let them have their last cries of insanity.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I always associated the West with more liberal people but these past few years have shown me otherwise. AZ, CA, Washington state etc...SMH.
Very common misconception.  Frankly, people from LA don't see Arizona as West, more like southwest.  Also, Washington is seen as Northwest.

Also, people who do not live in Metropolitan areas tend to be more conservative...and ignorant to boot.

I'm so glad I'm from New York. Why is it that lady speaker was also ugly as hell? Insecure about life.
How is this relevant? I'm sure once you get out of NYC and into more affluent suburbs of the state, the same sentiments exist.

Most liberal part of the west coast=Bay Area 
pimp.gif
, followed by LA . All the others are mostly conservative. Not sure how Bakersfield/Fresno (
sick.gif
) are so damn conservative when they're like 90% Mexican/Asian 
laugh.gif

I can't speak for Asians, but I find it funny people are surprised by Mexicans/Latinos being conservative.  Considering that most Latinos are Catholic which leads to a lot of conservative values.  Race/Ethnicity has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal although most people like to lump it together.

Living here makes me forget how many backwards @#$ people are in this country. We complain about Europeans being racist and prejudiced when we ourselves only have a handful of cities where diversity is promoted and accepted (mostly just SF and NYC)
Like I said, major metropolitan areas as a whole seem to be diverse.  Seems like you are lumping LA with the OC which is like saying Sacramento is a part of the Bay Area.  The OC has it's own pockets of close minded folks, with the affluent areas completely lacking diversity.  I don't mess with the OC that much, not really much to do outside of the beach areas, and Anaheim.  By really not much to do, I mean things that are exclusive to OC.

I mentioned LA as a liberal area in the beginning, forgot to mention the city again at the end of my post.
As for Latinos being conservative, I agree that many share the same conservative values as the politicians, but why do they support them when they (the conservatives) also hate on Mexicans/Latinos like no other?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I always associated the West with more liberal people but these past few years have shown me otherwise. AZ, CA, Washington state etc...SMH.
Very common misconception.  Frankly, people from LA don't see Arizona as West, more like southwest.  Also, Washington is seen as Northwest.

Also, people who do not live in Metropolitan areas tend to be more conservative...and ignorant to boot.

I'm so glad I'm from New York. Why is it that lady speaker was also ugly as hell? Insecure about life.
How is this relevant? I'm sure once you get out of NYC and into more affluent suburbs of the state, the same sentiments exist.

Most liberal part of the west coast=Bay Area 
pimp.gif
, followed by LA . All the others are mostly conservative. Not sure how Bakersfield/Fresno (
sick.gif
) are so damn conservative when they're like 90% Mexican/Asian 
laugh.gif

I can't speak for Asians, but I find it funny people are surprised by Mexicans/Latinos being conservative.  Considering that most Latinos are Catholic which leads to a lot of conservative values.  Race/Ethnicity has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal although most people like to lump it together.

Living here makes me forget how many backwards @#$ people are in this country. We complain about Europeans being racist and prejudiced when we ourselves only have a handful of cities where diversity is promoted and accepted (mostly just SF and NYC)
Like I said, major metropolitan areas as a whole seem to be diverse.  Seems like you are lumping LA with the OC which is like saying Sacramento is a part of the Bay Area.  The OC has it's own pockets of close minded folks, with the affluent areas completely lacking diversity.  I don't mess with the OC that much, not really much to do outside of the beach areas, and Anaheim.  By really not much to do, I mean things that are exclusive to OC.

I mentioned LA as a liberal area in the beginning, forgot to mention the city again at the end of my post.
As for Latinos being conservative, I agree that many share the same conservative values as the politicians, but why do they support them when they (the conservatives) also hate on Mexicans/Latinos like no other?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

This country is a joke. Rated below top 10 best countries to live. Things like this are part of the reason why.

laugh.gif
 get out then my man. how much time have you spent overseas? or are you just basing your educated opinion on some top 10 country list? 

This country is a joke. Rated below top 10 best countries to live. Things like this are part of the reason why.

laugh.gif
 get out then my man. how much time have you spent overseas? or are you just basing your educated opinion on some top 10 country list? 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Can you name your top 10 and give a reason why each is better than the US?

*CRICKETS*

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Can you name your top 10 and give a reason why each is better than the US?

*CRICKETS*

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by evo v sti

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

This is disgusting.
coming from Irvine... i agree, but disgust doesn't even describe it
actually, come to think of it, irvine isnt all THATTTT bad.  i swear half of this city is indian.  it gets way worse as you get closer to the newport side. 
Naw, Irvine isn't all that bad, it's a pretty +%* city, the OC in general isn't all that bad IMO, I got a lot of Muslim friends out here and it has a huge middle eastern population too. The females here are bad as ++$+
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom