RACISM IN SPORTS

Maybe this will be a good lesson for everyone. Maybe. But I’m not so sure about that. The thing about lessons is that you have to actually listen if you want to learn anything.

How many people really want to listen?

How many people saw this post and clicked the like button because it made them feel good?

How many people actually read my words, and thought deeply about them?

You know what’s so funny? Sometimes people tell me, “Toni, why do you care? It’s just trolls on social media. It’s not real people.”

Ha. Come on.

Over the last few weeks, I have received many messages saying basically the same thing:

“Toni, I’m sorry.”

These are not bots. These are real people, apologizing to me for the horrible abuse that they sent me in January.

But ask yourself, why are they doing this? Do you think they looked inside their hearts and decided to educate themselves? Do you think they took a long look in the mirror?

I don’t know. Maybe. Maybe not.

But I know that we’re winning. So now I’m useful to them. Maybe I’m even a human being in their eyes.

I don’t have any hate in my heart for those people. But I would say one thing to them: If you are genuine in what you say, and you are really sorry, don’t send me a tweet.

Step away from your phone for a minute. Stop tweeting.

Educate yourself. Read a book on Black history, and really open your mind to the experiences of other people. This is much more meaningful than sending a tweet. This is where we can start.

Listen, I am not naive. I don’t expect everything to change overnight. I don’t expect the football world to come together to kill racism in 48 hours like they killed the Super League.

We will not solve this issue with a social media campaign, or with this article.

1622206763404.png

“it doesn’t matter”

“they can say what they want”

Isn’t that some ****

He probably just sealed his fate. They have a good ownership group, hopefully bring in someone that's not a complete buffoon when it comes to issues outside of basketball.

Steven A Smith is the Kevin Samuels of espn. It is the Steve Harvey syndrome personified. Kwame is pissed, and rightfully so. There has been a lot of needling about mental health on this site, and Kwame Brown is an example of what happens when you needle a person a bit too much.

Steven A Smith is the Kevin Samuels of espn. It is the Steve Harvey syndrome personified. Kwame is pissed, and rightfully so. There has been a lot of needling about mental health on this site, and Kwame Brown is an example of what happens when you needle a person a bit too much.

Kwame brown is not an innocent spectator in all this. Dude made disrespectful personal comments about multiple people on EPSN. I hate when people throw out insults then start crying when you send it back.

Last edited:

“it doesn’t matter”

“they can say what they want”

Isn’t that some ****

celtics-player-danny-ainge-wore-a-shirt-that-reads-i-hate-danny-ainge-picture-id497720434

Damn An Etan Thomas Sighting In 2021.
Etan's been a writer and activist even before he entered the league.

There has been a lot of needling about mental health on this site
Indeed.

Dude spit on his pizza, so nobody else would want any. Not only crazy, but incredibly selfish as well.
It's true. Not only is it true, but there are other stories that I can personally share, but this thread isn't about Mike Tyson. That mofo was CRAZY about Robin.
DAT MUH FO' CRAZY!!!!!!:rofl::lol::rofl::rofl:
Black when it is convenient!
What she said was, " are you arguing with those crazy sneaker people again?!"

I said, yeah, listen to this guy :lol:

So I pressed play.
That mofo looked crazy talking like that! Maybe the dude crying was drunk or something, but that other dude said that he wanted to hold Kobe.

:lol:
One of my musical heroes, The Godfather of Soul James Brown, was a good friend of Strom Thrumond. That still bothers the hell out of me, especially with what Brown meant to Black America during the late sixties and early seventies. James was crazy as hell politically, but was a damned magnificent interpreter of the groove as a musician and entertainer. Funny thing is, he even had members of the NOI on his payroll as well. Knew Elijah Muhammad, Dr.King, even Thurgood Marshall.

It takes all kinds I guess. But Biden should have run in '16.
Here's what one gentrifying crew is doing. They will buy one spot, then bring in some really crazy and undesirable people, letting them live there practically for free, right? So the neighbors see them tearing 'ish up, fighting, not cleaning where they live, then the neighbors are more ready to sell and leave. This is what they are doing in parts of Flatbush right now.

Of course, the developers are white, and jewish.
Climate change is a hoax.
Jews are running to the republican party.
Airplanes should not be technologically advanced.

This man is crazy.
kobe-not-impressed.gif

Khufu's gross hypocrisy aside, it is indeed insensitive and disrespectful to casually use terms like "crazy" or "insane." Over a decade ago, I made the mistake of referring to a serial forum troll as "certifiable." Even if the intention is to be kind and blame a disorder rather than the individual, such rhetoric stigmatizes and pathologizes mental health issues as a whole, which can discourage those impacted from seeking help or worse. I wish I'd been more mindful of this issue earlier in life.

Using mental health as an insult is not okay, and armchair diagnoses are strongly discouraged even/especially among professionals.

Back
Top Bottom