Racist Fraternity at the University of Oklahoma caught on tape.

i'm reading through paliplayas posts and it really seems like people have been taking what he was trying to say out of context and flip it into things he wasn't intending to say or try to say.

you can tell a troll driven intent to rustle jimmies post from someone like oneilmatt or tha me3362la dude off the bat and know what their trying to do.

paliplaya has came across very reasonable in his posts, hasn't dismissed or personally attacked anyone, and has been respective of the opinions of people who disagree with his posts despite getting some pretty harsh scrutiny for them.
You leave me out of this buddy. I didnt defend what they said.

Its amazing how these threads go on for pages but when its minority on minority it's no big deal.

Just like that thread with vid of that girl getting jumped by a minimum of 5 girls in packed mickey d's and no one thought to stop.

Yet folks are in here upset about what a bus full of LAMES were singing.

You don't care to respect one another why would you expect anyone else to.

Then you get all huffy and puffy and let the media show incapable you are to think rationally and reason.

Last edited:
Its amazing how these threads go on for pages but when its minority on minority it's no big deal.

Just like that thread with vid of that girl getting jumped by a minimum of 5 girls in packed mickey d's and no one thought to stop.

Then you get all huffy and puffy and let the media show incapable you are to think rationally and reason.

View media item 1443938
So I guess that's why ppl are racist...Cuz black ppl don't respect themselves :stoneface:

i feel like its worse when outsiders do it. its kinda like when brothers fight, and then some rando hits ur brother u still have his back. the whole "blood is thicker than water" thing

i still am standing by my message or the point i was trying to get across. that was i do not believe you can blame the idiot frat boys for the disruption. yes what they said is disgusting and terrible. but they are entitled to say that under law. whether u think that this law is right or wrong, it is our current system and we must abide by it. they were closet racist, said racist things in private which is constitutionally protected. someone tattled on them and now we see this huge uproar and disruption. it is not fair to place the responsibility of the disruption on them bc they did so off campus and in a private party. that my point. they did not go to campus, or classes, or random black people at school and try and provoke them. what they said is provoking agreed, but they would only be responsible in provoking if they actively seeked the attention and disruption. 
So, they can't be held accountable for the statements they made about the nature of their campus-affiliated organization because they didn't intend to get caught

Part of what's so offensive about this is that the "right" for people to espouse extreme views without consequence is considered more important than the right to simply attend a public university and feel welcome there

Nobody is saying these brats should be shipped off to Guantanamo Bay, denied due process, and tortured.  They do deserve to be held accountable for their behavior, however.    

The University certainly will be held accountable for it.  They've already lost a top football recruit.  Their sources of private funding may think twice about contributing.  Certainly, prospective students and parents could give pause to enrolling, given what this incident suggests about the campus community.  The frat house was shut down - and deservedly so.  

So there are consequences for speech. 

There are also consequences to protecting these individuals.  There is a cost to that, and it's higher for some than others.  

In any democracy, there must be a balance between majority rule and minority rights.  Speech protections exist, primarily, to protect the minority, to protect unpopular views.  We don't prohibit the application of Christmas decorations in public places because the majority has decided to abridge its own right to practice religious freedom, we do so to UPHOLD religious freedom by ensuring that our public places aren't branded the exclusive, de facto provinces of the religious majority.  We place limits on what is permissible in public-funded spaces because BASIC freedoms for all are more important than 100% freedom for some.  

White Supremacist hate speech may be unpopular, insofar as it is no longer publicly acceptable to say what these students said, but its implications do not threaten the majority.  By permitting it, we're not protecting a minority - we're protecting speech that menaces, demeans, and threatens a minority.  

A public school is not a public park.  It has a different purpose.  A student may be kicked out of class for speaking on a cellphone.  This isn't a violation of that student's "speech rights."  

In a public high school, students can be disciplined for certain types of speech.  Administrators can legally restrict what's published in the school paper.  They can legally punish students for making offensive statements on school grounds or during and assembly.  There are limits.  If it's your claim that students should not be penalized for comments made outside of school grounds, in private conversation, on social media, etc., that is still separate from conduct that explicitly represents the operation of a student-led activity group or organization.  

There's something wrong when a private school, by its very nature, is allowed to provide a MORE inclusive environment than a public school.  

It's our responsibility as a society to ensure that this is not the case.  Expulsion may not be the ideal solution for the public, in that these students are still being "ejected" back into society rather than educated, but it at least has the effect of using the school's authority to declare such conduct antithetical to the university's goals of providing students with a safe and inclusive learning environment.  

Would it be better to try and "rehabilitate" the students?  That would be in line with the function of a university, but education of that sort should not be presented as a "penalty."  

Many universities now include a "diversity requirement," which all students - regardless of major - must satisfy, in the way that all graduates must demonstrate basic competency of certain fundamental subjects like language and math.  It's not a panacea, but it's a start - and its success ought to be measured less by student performance within the classroom (their ability to memorize certain facts by rote, or the ability to assemble a passable essay on related topics), but outside it.  

A program that does not enhance students' ability to understand each other is less than they, and the public, deserve. 

The problem at OU goes beyond two students - and so should the solution.  

That said, I find the whole conversation about "rights" pretty shortsighted.  Allowing bigots to spout White Supremacist hate speech as part of their college-affiliated organization's credo doesn't make the campus a more hostile or less welcoming place for the average White student.  For that reason, they can comfortably discuss the "theoretical" extension of any expulsion in a way that could potentially be used to hurt them or students like them in some hypothetical future.  But there are consequences in the here and now for students of color, and that ought to be acknowledged. 

i feel like its worse when outsiders do it. its kinda like when brothers fight, and then some rando hits ur brother u still have his back. the whole "blood is thicker than water" thing

That's a misconception or maybe it's just they way I was raised. I have two younger brothers and sister. If I ever miss treat either of them my mom would stump a mudhole in my mass. Bro lied on me when were younger and my mom beat me with a bat.

My parents always said if you dont treat you borthers and sister right, how can you put yourself in a position to protect them when someone else doesn't and they say well "i'm treating them same way you do".

Last edited:
thenewjs23 thenewjs23 We have the ability to handle internal issues internally.
What we don't have is the ability to speak directly to white cops that kill unarmed black kids, so those matters have to be dealt with publicly.

You do remember Darren Wilson went into hiding, instead of speaking and letting the family know he was sorry for the loss of their teenage son, and that he wishes it never would have happened.

Last edited:
I would really love to know how people hold so much hatred to people they consider "beneath" them. White racism is the most interesting thing in the world to me. You're apart of a demographic that holds the power and wealth in this country, but you still spend energy to concern yourself and spew hatred about what another race is doing? Why?

Just like the same people who dive into every single race thread to crap on minorities. Why? Do you envy us? Are you jealous? What is it?

Last edited:

View media item 1443938
So I guess that's why ppl are racist...Cuz black ppl don't respect themselves :stoneface:

People are racist because they are ignorant.
thenewjs23 thenewjs23 We have the ability to handle internal issues internally.
What we don't have is the ability to speak directly to white cops that kill unarmed black kids, so those matters have to be dealt with publicly.

You do remember Darren Wilson went into hiding, instead of speaking and letting the family know he was sorry for the loss of their teenage son, and that he wishes it never would have happened.

So to justify that, the killing of two cops in NYC and wounding two more in ferguson is warranted. They tear up there own community and put black businesses out of business. Is that how you deal with it publicly?

Are we killing each other and apologizing? Nope we go into hiding. Its still mothers out here with black children in the ground that died at the hand of another black children yet don't who the killer is but the hood is well aware, yet noone will speak up.

BUT, LAMES SINGING A LAME MASS SONG IS WHAT UPSET US.

here we go w the racism is ignorance, only stupid people are racist 
eyes.gif

thenewjs23 thenewjs23 Why did you choose to point out the few incidents of poor judgment when we were responding to being mistreated and murdered, and not point out the 100s of peaceful demonstrations that were held across the WORLD?

I'm 33 and at very young age I saw a female family member hang from a tree by her neck and raped so bad blood had ran down her leg by the KLAN. Did I let the shape the way I saw white folks as a whole nope. I would want not want be to judge from what they see on TV or heard.

I served 6 years in the Navy during my time I was called a Ninja multiple times. It only hurt when another brotha did it, I'm talking in a welcoming way but "Ninja get over here an clean this up". This is supposed to be my brother, I can expect it from the other man, not my brother. We are suppose to look out for one another but thats not how it works I guess.

Last edited:
here we go w the racism is ignorance, only stupid people are racist :rolleyes

Racism is the direct result of the lack of knowlege of another culture. Define ignorance.

To call them stupid your are giving them a pass, to be stupid, means you lack intelligence or common sense. They are very intelligent or they would be in college and common sense has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say only stupid people are racist, but is racism not a form of and/or result of ignorance?
some kinds of racism, yes, they are forms of ignorance.  i dont think those people in the pictures posted earlier in this thread were "ignorant" to the fact that a human being might not appreciate being strung up from a tree.  what im saying is that there is deliberate, intentional forms of racism as well that have nothing to do with ignorance like violence and discrimination.  
Racism is the direct result of the lack of knowlege of another culture. Define ignorance.

To call them stupid your are giving them a pass, to be stupid, means you lack intelligence or common sense. They are very intelligent or they would be in college and common sense has nothing to do with it.
so all forms of racism - lynchings, jim crow, murder, discrimination etc. all fall under the direct and single reason being ignorance? whose ignorance? white peoples? ignorant about what?

not saying that racism cant be sometimes caused by a "lack of knowledge of cultures", but is that primarily the foundation upon which a systemic and institutional racism was established? 

I never understand the quickness to turn and say

"Well well well... What about black people"

Especially from black people.

It's truly disgusting/laughable/sad when dudes feel like this.

Like .. We're talking about a group of kids that were TAUGHT a song by their elders about never being associated with black people and hanging them from a tree...

A song that's been in a frat for probably 100 years...

And you want to bring up 2 deaths and a wound ... That effectively dropped force used on black people exponentially...

Like, water we doing here, famb

I never understand the quickness to turn and say

"Well well well... What about black people"

Especially from black people.

It's truly disgusting/laughable/sad when dudes feel like this.

Like .. We're talking about a group of kids that were TAUGHT a song by their elders about never being associated with black people and hanging them from a tree...

A song that's been in a frat for probably 100 years...

And you want to bring up 2 deaths and a wound ... That effectively dropped force used on black people exponentially...

Like, water we doing here, famb
People who bring "but black people kill each other" are just SWS trying to justify racism or apathy. Racism and violence within the black community should be different topics (by this I mean direct and overt racism, obviously historical policies have a part in this).

For example I still don't get why so many white people and white sympathizers think a racist white cop shooting a black kid due to the color of his skin has anything to do with two black kids in Chicago (the go-to example for SWS) shooting each other over controlling drug territories.

Both are major issues but racists refuse to admit to any wrongdoing and always finger point towards minorities instead.

Last edited:
So, they can't be held accountable for the statements they made about the nature of their campus-affiliated organization because they didn't intend to get caught

That said, I find the whole conversation about "rights" pretty shortsighted.  Allowing bigots to spout White Supremacist hate speech as part of their college-affiliated organization's credo doesn't make the campus a more hostile or less welcoming place for the average White student.  For that reason, they can comfortably discuss the "theoretical" extension of any expulsion in a way that could potentially be used to hurt them or students like them in some hypothetical future.  But there are consequences in the here and now for students of color, and that ought to be acknowledged. 

If anyone disagrees with this, go to the example I posted earlier in the thread. Racist frat boys at my school started yelling racial slurs towards Vietnamese students and beat the hell out of them when they tried walking away. This happened In UCSB of all places, a college where 90% of the students are smart kids who come from the Bay Area and LA, two of the most liberal and diverse places on Earth. You really want to say "it's just words, it's not hostile" when drunk college frat boys (and grown men for that matter) have a history of attacking people they consider inferior?

People are really looking for legal loopholes for these kids and trying to re-define what hostility is :smh: "It's the law, it must be right!"

Last edited:
^free speech though. Who cares if he's a racist AND a rapist? He isn't harming anyone directly. Any minority and any woman who comes that frat house will be creating a hostile environment

Last edited:
DAWG :rofl: this just gets better and better

I'll never forget one of my homies(I think he was in TKE? I don't remember what frat) he invited to go with him to their lil frat study room Cuz he was gonna finish some HW. Man if I say I've never been looked at like that in my life :x just imagine ppl looking at you like you stole something and you smell like rotten eggs.

Needless to say I never returned lol. I always cringe when I see black folks in them frats where I KNOW ppl racist as hell. Sad

A leaked email by a frat boy is going around at my college, UMD, now too.

"**** consent" ... these frat boys man.

email: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_8RF6iVEAESS5T.png
response: http://www.president.umd.edu/statements/campus_message031215.cfm

As a UMD graduate I'm not surprised. The frats and sororities are coalitions of scumbags there.

You brahs my already know UMD Greek Life from such famous hits as "The **** Punt" and the "Suck a ***** ****" Cake

During my time there, I heard numerous stories of frats getting girls drunk, smashin, then call their parents on the The girls phone while she was passed out nd tell them "lol we're raping your daughter right now".

A leaked email by a frat boy is going around at my college, UMD, now too.

"**** consent" ... these frat boys man.

email: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_8RF6iVEAESS5T.png
response: http://www.president.umd.edu/statements/campus_message031215.cfm

As a UMD graduate I'm not surprised. The frats and sororities are coalitions of scumbags there.

You brahs my already know UMD Greek Life from such famous hits as "The **** Punt" and the "Suck a ***** ****" Cake

During my time there, I heard numerous stories of frats getting girls drunk, smashin, then call their parents on the The girls phone while she was passed out nd tell them "lol we're raping your daughter right now".

:x :x

Back
Top Bottom