Rajon Rondo 5 yr/$54 million extension

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I've always wondered how a player like him would fare on another team. Not like the Lakers, Magic, or another elite team. I reckon he'd suck #####.

I'm glad they locked him long-term and overpaid. They're headed toward another 20-year drought when KG, Ray Allen retire.

my thoughts exactly.

how would he do on a 2nd tier team? without the driving lane he gets from the big 3 when he doesn't have a consistent jumper.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Tony Parker, Derron Williams, Derrick Rose, Chauncy Billups and Chris Paul - Top 5.
yehh rondos top 10 but not top 5

my thoughts exactly

Whether you think he's ranked 5th or 6th or 7th or 8th really isn't an issue since the cost of acquiring an elite point guard from anotherteam would be extremely high. 10-11 million is the going market for someone at that position and, when you consider that a declining Jason Kidd makes over 20million, I'll gladly take an improving Rondo at this price.

I think this is a better deal for the Celtics than Rondo. He may have gotten more money on the open market and also, things wont be so great in Boston about 2yrs from now when they're rebuilding in the post-Pierce/Allen/KG era.

For a PG, he doesnt shoot very well...
and he can control a game without taking any shot other than a layup.
Yup. We just saw that 2 games ago against Chicago, when he took 2 shots and dished out 16 assists along with 8 boards. He completely controlledthat game. When he hits jumpers, that's just a bonus. The Celtics don't need him to be a shooter on this team.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

CP3 ain't gonna like this...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

He's top 5-8.
I would have to agree with this....like others said he's on Tony and Big Shot's heels....but teams don't have to guard him from 18feet away....he's to inconsistent with his mid range game...

If he develops a mid range jumper...he could be THE BEST overall PG in the league!

Originally Posted by Proshares

Rose and Arenas are better than Rondo?
when Gilbert was healthy absolutely....and Rose in my eyes still has a lot to prove...

So to answer you're original question....nah! Rose needs more work that Rondo and Arenas hasn't played a full season in 3 years to show that theHibachi is still on...

Only thing Rondo needs is a mid range j and to knock it off with the unnecessary behind the back passes and some of his erratic play...sometimes my man beplaying like J-Will in Sacramento without the pull up 3 from 35 feet
laugh.gif

but in the playoffs last year IMO Rondo proved he was at a higher level of play than Rose....ain't the the series where Rondo damn near averaged a tripledouble?

Originally Posted by JD617

and he can control a game without taking any shot other than a layup.
Yup. We just saw that 2 games ago against Chicago, when he took 2 shots and dished out 16 assists along with 8 boards. He completely controlled that game. When he hits jumpers, that's just a bonus. The Celtics don't need him to be a shooter on this team.
Yea but how long is Boston going have "this team" for? 2 years max, IMO, before the pieces completely fall apart.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but for every PG that isnt Agent Zero, their number one job/concern shouldnt be shooting.

And people fail to realize his jumper has actually come a long way from his Rookie season. Not to mention he has three-four All Star caliber players flankinghim at any given time

How is Rondo not one of the best all around PGs in the game?
roll.gif

He can defend well, grabs rebounds, distributes the ball and can score in double figures.

Only guy that does those things better is Chris Paul.

And Jason Kidd occasionally
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CB94

How is Rondo not one of the best all around PGs in the game?
roll.gif

He can defend well, grabs rebounds, distributes the ball and can score in double figures.

Only guy that does those things better is Chris Paul.

And Jason Kidd occasionally
grin.gif
and D-Will

He took too many yrs ... now if he doesn't get hurt he could only get one max type deal ..... whereas if he did 3yrs he could've gotten two
Sometimes I really question how much some of yall know about B-Ball .. The only reasonable knock on Rondo outside of his J is his maturity ....... I completelydon't get how anyone can rank Rose ahead of Rondo outside of complete homerism, especially after last yrs playoffs

No matter how much I don't care for the guy, he is an important piece to that team. With that said I don't know if he could do as well on another team.Similar to how I feel about Ariza not being on the Lakers. his effectiveness will drop this year.

Btw he doesn't have to be Chris Paul for the Celtics to be successful. And he's not really an elite PG if he was he could demand more money, do youthink the Celts could do it without him? I would say no, but can he do it without the Celtics? I would also say no. So they benefit off each other, which iswhy they got him for cheap.

ps I hate the Celtics haha.

Rondo is better than Rose right now. People forget dude was the best player in the Bulls vs. Celtics series last year. He is a freak of nature physically, Iwould have been fine with my knicks over him a max deal next summer if we had found a way to trade Jefferies or Curry. Dude is only 23 still.

laugh.gif
@ CP3's pic.

Again, Rondo doesnt deserve $50 million.

You take the KG, the Ray-Ray and 34 away from him - and hes an average PG.

Hes surrounded by very good scorers, with in return gives him the assists.

He is #1 in Assists and Steals so far so i could see why the Celtics gave the contract but lets see how long that lasts.

last I recalled when there was no KG and Ray was playing like his game just fell off the edge of the world .... which player was it that was dominating games,damn near taking over the series by himself ... and this is coming from a complete Celtics hater ... either way give the man his due

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

He's one of the best all-around point guards in basketball... How is that too much, Mr. Power Moves?
Co-sign.

And a Mavs fan would know... Rondo went for 19 pts, 15 rebs, and 14 asts in American Airlines Center last February (Boston's Big 3 all played).

Dude puts up some ridiculous triple-doubles. I think Rondo will put up a 20-20-20 game sometime in his career. If somebody gave me 10-to-1 odds, I'd evenbet on it being this year.

Back
Top Bottom