Rajon Rondo 5 yr/$54 million extension

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif
@ CP3's pic.

Again, Rondo doesnt deserve $50 million.

You take the KG, the Ray-Ray and 34 away from him - and hes an average PG.

Hes surrounded by very good scorers, with in return gives him the assists.

He is #1 in Assists and Steals so far so i could see why the Celtics gave the contract but lets see how long that lasts.
Explain his statline for last years playoffs than,
Celtics where injured and really had no depth, yet he was still able to average almost a triple double.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Dude puts up some ridiculous triple-doubles. I think Rondo will put up a 20-20-20 game sometime in his career. If somebody gave me 10-to-1 odds, I'd even bet on it being this year.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cmon

He is not a better player than Rose, he benefits from being on that Celtics team more than Rose does on the Bulls. I would venture to say he could not play thepart they ask Rose to play in Chicago.

Tony Parker, Derron Williams, Derrick Rose, Chauncy Billups and Chris Paul - Top 5.

Rondo is more like top 10. For a PG, he doesnt shoot very well... he's definetely not 'one of the best all-around PG's in the game'.
co-sign.....i dont' understand when people say he's one of the top five point guards....dudes got 3-4 potential hall of famers on hissquad playing alongside....he's bound to get his assists and a few buckets....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

He is not a better player than Rose, he benefits from being on that Celtics team more than Rose does on the Bulls. I would venture to say he could not play the part they ask Rose to play in Chicago.
Apples to Oranges ..... Rose is and always will be a scoring pg ... whereas Rondo can do just about everything (when his head is completely in thegame) and sometimes score ...... a better comparison would be to say that Rondo can't do what CP3 does
EDIT
To play along with your game a bit ... if we're talking about last year Bulls team Rondo's game is a bit more tailored towards that team, whereas withGordon gone, this season Bulls team is more suited for Rose (in my eyes it's wash but they're gonna really need some 4th quarter and dry spellscoring), but what I want to see is how he's gonna use Tyrus new midrage game on fastbreak - transition offense situations

stop with the big 3 stuff, Rondo is a better player than Ray Allen as of now.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

He is not a better player than Rose, he benefits from being on that Celtics team more than Rose does on the Bulls. I would venture to say he could not play the part they ask Rose to play in Chicago.
Rose and Rondo are two very different players. Two very different type of games.

I dont see how Rondo is even comparable to Rose. I would rather build a team around Rose. if i'm the Celtics, i'd rather have Rose (i'd like to seeteams double ray, pierce, or kg and leave Rose open and see what happens). If i'm the Bulls, i'd rather have Rose. Billups, Nash, Parker, Rose, Arenas,CP3 are all better than Rondo for sure. I also think a lot of Rondo's defensive success is because of his team. The Celtics bigs are great defenders, andPierce always covers the other team's best 2 or 3.

laugh.gif
@ CP3's pic.

Again, Rondo doesnt deserve $50 million.

You take the KG, the Ray-Ray and 34 away from him - and hes an average PG.

Hes surrounded by very good scorers, with in return gives him the assists. How did he get those triple doubles and near triple doubles all last year? It's like the big 3 did anything to get him those rebounds, or the points. His points are created off his own quick driblle. He'sa top 5 PG in this league.

He is #1 in Assists and Steals so far so i could see why the Celtics gave the contract but lets see how long that lasts.

Rondo is more than just a "system" player...Yeah the big 3 may stack his assist numbers but he's a great defender, deceptive, can score, reboundand not to mention young.

He's also gaining that $+%+$++ chip on his shoulder from KG which will probably keep improving his drive/competitiveness.

Not saying he isn't a good point guard, but I dont know if he is top 5.

When I saw the deal he got, I had to do a double take. But I guess that's a fair value

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Rondo is more than just a "system" player...Yeah the big 3 may stack his assist numbers but he's a great defender, deceptive, can score, rebound and not to mention young.

Lay-ups and free throws.

Lay ups and free throws because he can get to the rim at will. Celtics fans knew this kid was going to be special when he was putting up 10/5/5 when he startedat the end of his rookie year. And that was with Gerald Green, Allan Ray, and Scalabrine playing with him.

I'd rather build around Rose, but Rondo has outplayed him since Game 1 in that series, imo.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Rondo is more than just a "system" player...Yeah the big 3 may stack his assist numbers but he's a great defender, deceptive, can score, rebound and not to mention young.

Lay-ups and free throws.
Lay-Ups=Getting to the Bucket=High% Shots=Penetration and Kick Outs to Sheed, Pierce, Allen, House, etc.

Let me appologize for Rondo doing his job.

The assumption that he absolutely cannot do it without the Big 3 needs to stop. We havent seen that he cant, and we actually saw that he could without KG andAllen for a good part of last year. And right now, i'd say Rondos a better overall player than Ray just because Ray is up there in age.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still don't get all the hate on Rondo. He dominated Rose in the playoffs and right now he's just ballin' out of control. Now that he'sfinancially secure he's really going to break out and start to be more vocal and I swear the next home game The Celtics play, the crowd is going to gocrazy when they introduce RAJON RONNNNDOOOOO!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

it's not a stretch to say he's the most important player on that team. y'all can say all that crap about his #'s being inflated by playingwith them dudes...but you can say the same for them about playing with Rondo, (esp. Ray) not so much Paul Pierce, tho. but the most important thing is thathe's a huge reason why that team is as good as they are, which is all that matters.

Rondo's ceiling is Tony Parker.

Tony Parker is gonna be a HOFer when it's all said and done, so I'd say that's a pretty decent ceiling.

Everyone was knocking parker's outside game too not that long ago and often still do, even when he grabbed MVP honors in the finals...I'd saythat's not a huge worry with rondo either, it'll come and even when it does its not something that will define his game. Side note: I'd Agree withit being too many years for Rondo, to be locked up.

Back
Top Bottom