Randy Moss Retires

Dude's a legend. It kinda sucks that he went out like this though, with the whole Minnesota/Tennessee fiasco. Shoulda just kept it real and stayed in New England. 
Definitely the 2nd best receiver of all time. Stop the debate. 

One of my fav WR's ever. Had the potential to be the GOAT. Best receiver the Pats have ever had,not the most accomplished but just the most talented. Thanks for the great memories and moments Randy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Why Randy Why
30t6p3b.gif
hopefully someone talks him out of retirement mid season, hes still got some left in the tank.

Moss retired at 34.

Here's what Rice did AFTER his 34th birthday
sick.gif

571 Receptions, 7,278 Receiving Yards, 49 TDs

Originally Posted by dland24

NuJerzLoyalty wrote:

@michaelombardi Michael Lombardi

The sad thing about Randy Moss's career is that he played on a 16-0 team and a 15-1 team and has no ring....

Wow
ohwell.gif

The sad thing about Randy Moss's career is that he could have been unquestionably the greatest WR to ever play, but his work ethic, poor attitude and his tendency to quit on his team will ALWAYS prevent him from being that.  (and you guys have no idea how difficult it is to say this as a Niner fan)

Agreed,

Pretty much his fault
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by dland24

Yep just posted on twitter by Adam Schefter. Ridiculous. Best WR of all time my #%%. Yes Im talking to YOU.....CP. 
laugh.gif

I love it!!

Also, the boy DoubleJ's called it in that 2nd greatest receiver thread just awhile back.  There's a reason how and why great receivers like Jerry Rice and T.O. can still produce and put up numbers late in their career, and still be in good physical shape to play the game while other receivers like Randy Moss can't.
@%@ are you talking about. Only last year did he have bad year since 2007 (late career if you wanna call it that), and still caught 5 td's. He got offers to play, and if don't believe he's in shape to play, than you're just a hater. Check the stats before you sound like a %$+*%++....
looking at your sig, I can see why you're hating...
[table][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Tennessee Titans[/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]6[/td][td]80[/td][td]13.3[/td][td]26[/td][td]0[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Minnesota Vikings[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]13[/td][td]174[/td][td]13.4[/td][td]37T[/td][td]2[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]New England Patriots[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]9[/td][td]139[/td][td]15.4[/td][td]35T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]New England Patriots[/td][td]16[/td][td]16[/td][td]83[/td][td]1,264[/td][td]15.2[/td][td]71T[/td][td]13[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]New England Patriots[/td][td]16[/td][td]16[/td][td]69[/td][td]1,008[/td][td]14.6[/td][td]76T[/td][td]11[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]New England Patriots[/td][td]16[/td][td]16[/td][td]98[/td][td]1,493[/td][td]15.2[/td][td]65T[/td][td]23[/td][/tr][/table]

According to ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky and the Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt, the Titans coaching staff thought Randy Moss was "done" as an NFL-caliber receiver late last season.

Moss was a non-factor in Nashville, posting just six catches in eight games. The Titans staff quickly realized "he didn't have it any more," he "had simply lost the high-end speed that made him such a threat," and he "couldn't get open like he used to earlier in his career." This news suggests Moss won't unretire to come back as a role player. The enigmatic future Hall of Famer went out with a whimper, not a bang.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Moss retired at 34.

Here's what Rice did AFTER his 34th birthday
sick.gif

571 Receptions, 7,278 Receiving Yards, 49 TDs

eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Moss probably thinking I'm paid and will never surpass Rice as the greatest so might as well hang it up. Despite last year I thought he had another good run in him. 

its a damn shame, i wish he woulda put up numbers with my titans. IMO, the blame goes to the COACHES, yes the COACHES, not VY, Collins, or Rusty!! how the *$$+ can you not figure out how to put Britt and Moss in the same field!??!!?!?
mad.gif

Moss will be mentioned not amongst the Jerry Rice's or Donte Stallworth's, but he will be mentioned with the Martin Luther King's, Poseidon's, Hercules', Tyrannosaurs Rex'.

My heart hurts right now. I'm not ever watching football again.

Used to be scared of this dude running the field, Jets & Pats are idiots for not picking him up. He's retiring because he wants to play for a contender. If it wasn't for his attitude he would have been the best ever I believe. I'm pissed he wasted all those years in Oakland

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Slacker.

NFL's very own Iverson
Difference is Iverson laid it all out on the court every time.  Ivo in a game of Giants was a fearless and was never scared to take a hit or any sort of punishment. Randy played when he felt like it.

Slouch... Nah he Def wasted years in Oakland.. potential was always there. I have a feeling he comes back though.

Back
Top Bottom