Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Vultures 2 is out and it’s absolutely terrible 🤣🤣
I used to never listen to Ye leaks, but I stumbled across a YouTube feed with mad unreleased heat from Ye. So I fell off the wagon and was listening to leaks. I've been listening to 5:30 for the last year. When I heard it on the album, I freaked out...was too hyped...a finished version of 5:30, finally.

Only thing? It wasn't finished. Same ******* mumble reference verse I've been listening to for the last year. Can't lie, it kind of pissed me off. Show me again how little you care, Ye.

Beyond that, this is easily the worst project I've heard from Ye...there's 3, maybe 4 songs I'll come back to...and those joints go for sure (Lifestyle, River, 530, Sky City) but the rest is ***.

Vultures 2 is some nasty work. The mumble reference verses are an abomination. I’m intrigued to see if he releases more unreleased tracks tho

K-Os could do it all, pop songs, rap, folk songs, he was early with singing and rapping combo
he def had influence on Drake and the Weekend.

but because he came out when Canadian hip hop was ghettoized, he's largely anonymous to anyone other than canadian millennials.

if i was him id be super bitter about all this.

K-Os could do it all, pop songs, rap, folk songs, he was early with singing and rapping combo
he def had influence on Drake and the Weekend.

but because he came out when Canadian hip hop was ghettoized, he's largely anonymous to anyone other than canadian millennials.

if i was him id be super bitter about all this.

Forgot he was from Toronto.

What happen to OVO Feat this year?

I’m starting to understand how the OGs felt when MFs were sampling their 70s and 80s classics.
Man...I felt like our generation took classics and made new classics. My mom loves most of the 90s rap that had old school samples. This new gen takes classics and makes throwaways. Nobody is ever gonna be checking for all them Sweetie tracks in 5 years

Back
Top Bottom