Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I feel that but honestly it's hard for me to get up for any rap battle in today's era. The internet hype waters everything down and turn **** corny real fast. After living through Jay/Nas, Beans/Kiss, 50/Ja I just look at this **** now like whatever.

The era where beef was on site and not online, and anyone could get hit up :smokin

Did Leonard know this was coming?

Of course he did. It's pretty obvious what's happening right now
Just add up all the variables. You find a **** ton of "coincidences" to the point you can see they aren't coincidences at all.

- Drake has an album coming out
- Kanye has an album coming out
- Kanye has everyone's attention
- Push took a 2 year hiatus and Kanye chose him to roll out HIS project...and produced the entire project (when's the last time he did that?)
- They've been subbing each other for years
- These ****** were all LITERALLY together in the ******* mountains collaborating
- Look at the timing...everything just happened to line up on New Music Friday. Complete with Pusha doing a complete media run where the interviewers seemed to know what was coming.

How many times have we seen rap beef around release dates? If ****** enjoy "real rap" like they claim to...this is what you've been asking for (or the closest thing to it).

This **** is brilliant if you think about it. I'm officially checking out of the fanboy back and forths...but im not mad at it either. We did the same **** w/ Nas & Jay.
I have no dog in this fight. I know both these ****** bout to deliver good music.

And oh man, I pressed play on that J. Cole and Pump interview and wss listening for a few minutes and then glanced @ the duration and so ******* 57 min and immediately closed the entire browser with all the other tabs.

Sorry Cole, can't **** with that. Don't even care if he's talking for most of it or if Pump is making good points. Cant mess with that funny style ****.

Nah the era where _'s was better rappers and the battle records was better.
Pretty much.

Lets not pretend the reason why even the notion of diss records are watered down is cuz of Curtis riding that **** to death.

If the right dope rappers now happened to get on some beef on wax **** could possibly be popping again.

This **** is definitely cool for now. I like diss record Aubrey.

Last edited:
Of course he did. It's pretty obvious what's happening right now
Just add up all the variables. You find a **** ton of "coincidences" to the point you can see they aren't coincidences at all.

- Drake has an album coming out
- Kanye has an album coming out
- Kanye has everyone's attention
- Push took a 2 year hiatus and Kanye chose him to roll out HIS project...and produced the entire project (when's the last time he did that?)
- They've been subbing each other for years
- These *****s were all LITERALLY together in the ****ing mountains collaborating
- Look at the timing...everything just happened to line up on New Music Friday. Complete with Pusha doing a complete media run where the interviewers seemed to know what was coming.

How many times have we seen rap beef around release dates? If *****s enjoy "real rap" like they claim to...this is what you've been asking for (or the closest thing to it).

This **** is brilliant if you think about it. I'm officially checking out of the fanboy back and forths...but im not mad at it either. We did the same **** w/ Nas & Jay.
I have no dog in this fight. I know both these *****s bout to deliver good music.

I don't think its as manufactured as ya'll looking at. I don't think Drake and Pusha could even meet eye to eye and scheme something like this. The only thing that looks funny is Charlamagne and Ye meeting up

I don't think its as manufactured as ya'll looking at. I don't think Drake and Pusha could even meet eye to eye and scheme something like this. The only thing that looks funny is Charlamagne and Ye meeting up

Why couldn't they? Let's be real.

These are 2 nice guys rapping. Them ****** don't have any type real static.

These are 2 nice guys rapping. Them *****s don't have any type real static.

They could. Especially Drake. I just dont see it on Pushas side. Yeah they don't have any real tension but the competition is there fornhim

These are 2 nice guys rapping. Them *****s don't have any type real static.

Drake had that freestyle queued up about 3 weeks ago....

I 100% co-sign your earlier post connecting the dots. It's funny how Kanye magically comes up with his best production in YEARS following all his off-the-wall comments....

On one hand, folks like..."I'm not rockin' w/ Kanye anymore."

Daytona drops...."'Ye is BACK." and it's all good :lol:

off topic, but am I alone thinking 4th Chamber is 1000x harder than Shook Ones?

This push/ye **** is wayyyyyy better than btb it’s not even funny. He/they left all the gimmicks at home and just rapped.

you haven’t heard the club record over the unreleased Neptunes beats he got for TML yet.

The gimmicky club record is coming and its gonna work because Pusha can’t really do that

the only thing stopping me from thinking that pusha and drake is in on it...is that that would be a vicious line that they would never give Drake the option to use...the need to resort to WWE esque tactics to move albums from the most storied ACTIVE rapper label in the game aside from Cashmoney.

A$AP's album really getting overlooked now. Pusha album and now the beef and memes. He gotta be mad as **** he didn't wait a week or two to drop it.

I probably like about half the album, I'll play it some more. Production is real dope at times. His flows are weak and he doesn't really say much but overall it's cool.

I was also expecting a terrible album so maybe that's why it's cool to me.

I know we’re on Drake/Push, but this some more bridging of the hip hop gap. Interesting perspectives.

I gotta give it another spin, but upon first listen that Rocky album is trash, man. I was looking forward to it, but nothing other than A$AP Forever sounded like he was in his pocket on. I couldn’t get past the production. Just surprised he stuck with such an odd sound for the full album.

Didn’t help that I had listened to DAYTONA first.

These conspiracies tho :lol: Drake gave Pusha the Meek treatment we've seen this before. This ain't fabricated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom