Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

:rofl:

im just asking questions bro dont mind me

two suburban black dudes who didnt have to sell drugs giving us the hardest rap beef of decade...

268x0w.jpg

is this “darkening your skin” or blackface @Magic33 :lol:

Last edited:
I agree he's def black and you're right none of that stuff would prevent him from facing/experiencing racism but being racially black and “culturally” black in the American context are 2 different things and these are both very complex/confusing things to understand, especially from an outside-in view. Which is why I honestly don't even think he can control some of that **** because maybe he hasn't really "learned it" like a lot of us have.

A lot of the more nuanced "cultural" black **** you can't really learn from TV and music, its learned from actually being entrenched in it.

I obviously don't know his upbringing but I think that video of a young 18-19 yo Drake saying _ with a hard R in a interview unironically kinda shows that he prolly wasn't around black people like that and prolly didn't have much contact with his black american fam in Memphis coming up until he got older and could move around on his own. Spend one summer in Memphis and you would know not say _ like that :lol:.

I imagine this is why his comments on race come off kinda weird too. Because he's black we kinda want him to speak out/on some **** and have this perspective that he might not even really identify with because of his upbringing and experiences.

It's like with Ebonics/AAVE, nobody put us in a room and taught us that ****, we just learned it. I got some half white cousins who were raised exclusively in the suburbs (my uncle dipped out on them young) and it was cringe as hell when we were younger because they would come up to us tryna "talk black" but would always end up just saying some **** that sounded ridiculous because they didn't really understand that we weren't just freestyling a bad version of English but were speaking a learned dialect with legit "rules".
I see what you are saying famb.

As someone that immigrated to America from the Caribbean when I was 13, I definitely agree that there is a different issue with assimilating into a different culture. Even when all the members of that culture look like you.

Natural forces have clearly created a blind spot for Drake, one that he seems oblivious to as well.

he right and wrong at the same time.

yes we have drake fatigue so we ignoring all the funny style **** pusha doing (starting it up again, bringing in outside parties, purposely ignoring the whole context of blackface pic)....but drake brought up his fiance so its hard to have sympathy.

it really will be crazy if that one Virginia Williams line is the ripple that leads to Drake kinda falling off a little. Like if he dont hit back with the right song I can see people kinda holding it over him like what happened to Meek for a year.

Drake been low thats how he got at meek using nikki success to shame him. Cant feel sorry that now he's getting a taste of his own medicine.

and Juelz is senile now man didnt dude try to sneak a gun into the airport.

Mr. I will point, I will aim, I'll fly planes in your projects?
One year after 9/11?

Mr. You 7:30 I'm 9/11?

Mr. Like kurt cobain was here? Chea chea chea minus the edited out gunshots?

Mr Mohammad attah that provides the towers?

Mr . Thats why i Sent some homos to come get you??

Really???

Drake gon have to say pusha wife cant have children

Needs to fly to Virginia , go record, talk about smashing Pusha girl and name the track 3 am in Virginia and complete the double entendre.

Also sure he will bring up Pusha or her not being able to have kids like u said

Don’t think he needs miracle , though he is down now.

The tone of this thread will do a 180 Friday when drake drop .... then again when Pusha drop , then again when we don’t hear anything else lol.

Most ****** going to say whoever has the most current diss is winning :lol:

Back
Top Bottom