Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It's not about the interviews. It's the dynamic between two hip hop fans of a generation with a bi host.

#sameenergy

edit: just started watching his stream and :lol:

IMG_2637.png

Last edited:
Joe needs to be more respectful of Ak. He was joking, but that came off wrong. I noticed a few outlets just grabbed Joe called Ak a p****, and not the context. He was just saying he wasn't a tough guy, but that whole word usage was wrong.

and both of them need to come to an agreement not to talk about each other.

Joe is on the radio this week in Philly...so that is showing you something.

Ak needs to make sure he uses the platform to his benefit. That's why I said he needs to improve his interview skills.

Charlamagne is right, but this will line Joe up with something else and I don't think Joe looks at it as long term anyway.

and that's cool for them because that's not what carries the BC it just helps add a lil extra on top

It does, because it's what gets them noticed
ak is a dummy

he can hire security, travel and interview these people on his own

joes gaining steam with the podcast where he could too

they are playing candie land on a chess board by fumbling this show

it's high entertainment but it's not sustainable with how joes moving

It's not sustainable the way any of them are, Joe, Ak or Complex

Complex is doing everything for Complex and doesn't care if they make Joe or Ak look bad. How do you edit videos to make your talent look bad :smh:

CTG called Joe lame for this whole incident on The Breakfast Club

Said Joe didn't have the same energy :lol:

He didn't

Joe looked corny talking about it in those terms after

Did he joke about Ak?

Regardless people talking about them, only helps their platform.

I saw on IG that Joe was hosting that Philly radio show for a week too and I think his end goal is starting to become apparent.

I personally think he's trying to be rap's Howard Stern. I think his end goal is to take his podcast and make it an urban Howard Stern/Bill Maher type show. Or at least become a fixture on someone's radio show.

At the end of the day it really is just a YouTube web show.

I could see Joe calling him a p in the sense that he's bot a tough guy, but idk, Joe is wishy washy

I could see Joe calling him a p in the sense that he's bot a tough guy, but idk, Joe is wishy washy
He probably was but just like he said on yesterday's shoe about Kodak's preference, there are somethings you should not say out loud.

Ak has already admitted to not wanting to jump in and save his homie if he's gettin' jumped, do we really need somebody to classify him officially?

Magic really asserting that outlets took Joe out of context when he said "Akademiks is one of the biggest ******* I've ever seen in my entire life".

Son. :rofl:

Magic really asserting that outlets took Joe out of context when he said "Akademiks is one of the biggest ******* I've ever seen in my entire life".

Did you listen to the pod?

Because he said it as a joke and meaning he's not a tough guy

It's bad regardless and is interpreted another way.

Typically when you call someone that it comes off totally different.

Did you listen to the pod?

Because he said it as a joke and meaning he's not a tough guy

It's bad regardless and is interpreted another way.

Typically when you call someone that it comes off totally different.

Maybe its a regional thing, I'm not a fan of it.

This guy called me a F_ N_ online. I knew he was joking but it made me feel some type of way. I don't joke like that with people lol

Yes. I listened to the podcast. I reaffirm my stance on the claim that Joe is a corny individual. Corn ball. Corn puff.

In all my days, I've only known ***** to mean a) a vagina, b) a soft man.

Men don't joke about the latter. Both Joe and Rory were calling Ak soft. But they gain nothing from doing that because Ak openly calls himself soft.

He only called Ak pus in an attempt to puff out his own chest and make himself seem like he's the mightier of the two since he's supposedly about that action. Joe swears he's a tough guy, but as has been said, he knows who to do that stuff with.

Last edited:
Maybe its a regional thing, I'm not a fan of it.

This guy called me a F_ N_ online. I knew he was joking but it made me feel some type of way. I don't joke like that with people lol

It's a friend thing.

And that's how Mal and Rory talk.

Like I can call my friend a B or he can say that about me, but two people over hearing that are thinking oh he's calling him a B and he didn't do anything.

That was something that shouldn't have been said on the pod, or should have been clarified. But Joe doesn't care or probably respect Ak.

Yes. I listened to the podcast. I reaffirm my stance on the claim that Joe is a corny individual. Corn ball. Corn puff.

In all my days, I've only known ***** to mean a) a vagina, b) a soft man.

Men don't joke about the latter. Both Joe and Rory were calling Ak soft. But they gain nothing from doing that because Ak openly calls himself soft.

He only called Ak pus in an attempt to puff out his own chest and make himself seem like he's the mightier of the two since he's supposedly about that action. Joe swears he's a tough guy, but as has been said, he knows who to do that stuff with.

So what's the problem :lol:

Ak needs to talk to Joe and stop running back to his minions, because that makes Joe respect him even less.

You don't realize that's the way Mal and Joe talk anyway about anyone? They didn't do it specifically about Ak.

I addressed the problem with it immediately below the line you emboldened. But you knew that already.

You want me to believe people are openly out here calling their friends "*****" and it's just being chalked up to friendship? Either cats need new friends or I'm just not cut from that cloth.

The lengths you go to defend this dude is crazy fam. You gotta be a friend of the show at this point. :lol:

I addressed the problem with it immediately below the line you emboldened. But you knew that already.

You want me to believe people are openly out here calling their friends "*****" and it's just being chalked up to friendship? Either cats need new friends or I'm just not cut from that cloth.

The lengths you go to defend this dude is crazy fam. You gotta be a friend of the show at this point. :lol:

What the **** are you talking about?

Are you just arguing to argue or are you not comprehending? Did you read anything I said at all?

Did you just start listening to the pod?

It's a friend thing.

And that's how Mal and Rory talk.

Like I can call my friend a B or he can say that about me, but two people over hearing that are thinking oh he's calling him a B and he didn't do anything.

That was something that shouldn't have been said on the pod, or should have been clarified. But Joe doesn't care or probably respect Ak.
I'll call my homies BAN in jest sure, but I still know that they reserve the right to attempt to f*** me up. I know I'm being disrespectful but because it's the homie we both got that understanding. It's a very short list of people that I've called p***** before and my homies ain't on that list. That's in a league of disrespect of it's own

***** is definitely harsher than b or BAN even when joking around

like b or ban can be funny to hear at times

but ***** is just too soft of a word the mood has no choice but to change once you say that to a grown *** man 
laugh.gif
 like just say it out loud thats ******* disrespectful man

but i would hope y'alls boys know everyone is joking around tho he mite be letting that **** build up and one day just fye on your dumb *** like i think ak is gonna do in these next 3-4 episodes

Last edited:
At the end of the day it really is just a YouTube web show.
Nah this aint 2008 Youtube bro. Viewership wise its up there w TV now and its steady going up while TV is declining.

_'s touching bags off Youtube. Don't let Ak clothes fool you he got a bag too 
laugh.gif

What the **** are you talking about?

Are you just arguing to argue or are you not comprehending? Did you read anything I said at all?

Did you just start listening to the pod?

Y'all kill me with this "are you not comprehending" nonsense. What does the length of time I've listened to the podcast have to do with anything? :lol:

I've heard them talk on the show for a good minute now. They were one of the first pods I started listening to. I've heard Joe tell Rory things that seem ill to me. You know damn well that's one of the contributing factors as to why people say he ********s Joe.

Nah this aint 2008 Youtube bro. Viewership wise its up there w TV now and its steady going up while TV is declining.

_'s touching bags off Youtube. Don't let Ak clothes fool you he got a bag too :lol:  

Exactly. Ak says he's been doing this fore about 4 years and has amassed over a million followers. Dude is getting checks. It's evident the way he's taking offense to this "Ak is *****" rhetoric that's come out now, because he fears it will hurt his viewership. Dude was in some video drunk talking about "his brand". :lol:

And while I laugh at the phrasing, dude isn't wrong at all to believe that.

***** is definitely harsher than b or BAN even when joking around

like b or ban can be funny to hear at times

but ***** is just too soft of a word the mood has no choice but to change once you say that to a grown *** man 
laugh.gif
 like just say it out loud thats ******* disrespectful man

but i would hope y'alls boys know everyone is joking around tho he mite be letting that **** build up and one day just fye on ya  dumb *** like i think ak is gonna do in these next 3-4 episodes
At this point, I've been hanging with the same 7-8 guys for the past damn near 20 years on most and past 10 for the rest and we know each other. And if we gotta check each other we know it's out of respect. Never had any kind of "power struggle" on who's the toughest guy or anything like that mostly because we keep that respect at a hunnid.

I do remember my homeboy had one of his friends in our dorm room and ol boy was crackin' off these dry jokes. Dude just wouldn't shut up. Told myself he had one more joke before I gave him a lobotomy and thank god he stopped. Needed to keep myself out of trouble cause my grades were trash. Last thing I needed was a fight.

Y'all kill me with this "are you not comprehending" nonsense. What does the length of time I've listened to the podcast have to do with anything? :lol:

I've heard them talk on the show for a good minute now. They were one of the first pods I started listening to. I've heard Joe tell Rory things that seem ill to me. You know damn well that's one of the contributing factors as to why people say he ********s Joe.

I mean in this same podcast Rory was saying that Joe was hiding from the Migos and called him soft plenty of times. The guys were laughing at his tough talk and moved on right away cause they know he's gonna get himself into trouble. They clearly joke like that tho.

Back
Top Bottom