Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y'all kill me with this "are you not comprehending" nonsense. What does the length of time I've listened to the podcast have to do with anything? :lol:

I've heard them talk on the show for a good minute now. They were one of the first pods I started listening to. I've heard Joe tell Rory things that seem ill to me. You know damn well that's one of the contributing factors as to why people say he ********s Joe.

Dude, do you want to just argue about Joe Budden all day?

I already said Joe shouldn't have said that word, because of how it's interpreted. Just like he stopped saying b in reference to women.

People listen to his pod, because it sounds like a bunch of friends talking and that it's not a typical pod. They don't talk PC.

I do remember my homeboy had one of his friends in our dorm room and ol boy was crackin' off these dry jokes. Dude just wouldn't shut up. Told myself he had one more joke before I gave him a lobotomy and thank god he stopped.

LMAO!!! :rofl: :rofl:

This is exactly why me and my ****** can't hang with no random dudes. We crack too many jokes...it's literally jokes 24/7 (not no disrespectful stuff, no you a B or u a P type stuff though) and we've had times where dudes was really mad :lol:

One of the homies backed into a boulder while leaving a sparking spot and somehow the car went on an incline :rofl: needless to say the driver got chopped on for the rest of the night, all the females in the car was dying to the point where they got uncomfortable and thought he was gon swing :lol: had him ready to throw hands for real

Last edited:
My whole point was that media outlets didn't take Joe out of context.

You got your cape in a bunch asking questions that a) I'd already answered and b) didn't pertain to the topic at hand.

You literally tried normalizing people calling their friends *****. That stuff isn't supposed to fly.

****** are up in arms about Joe calling Ak a *****... when AK is clearly a ***** :lol:. these days ****** can't handle any truth.

Son is soft, he could either continue the show or not.... Either way he's an easily replaceable part of the show. he's not a strong personality and theirs TONS of internet ****** who can go up there and argue for new hiphop.

****** are up in arms about Joe calling Ak a *****... when AK is clearly a ***** :lol:. these days ****** can't handle any truth.

Son is soft, he could either continue the show or not.... Either way he's an easily replaceable part of the show. he's not a strong personality and theirs TONS of internet ****** who can go up there and argue for new hiphop.

Lol wut, akademiks is the reason this **** is even popping. No one gives a damn about Joe budden. No one wants to hear that old washed ***** cry about new age hip hop all day....you trippin

1. Regardless of whether he's a ***** or not that's your co-host, there's certain **** you don't say about another grown man, especially in a public venue when he's not present to defend himself

2. If you think a big part of that shows following isn't coming from akademiks being on there you're kidding yourself. Joe got a podcast and it doesn't do numbers like everyday struggle, there's a reason for that

Last edited:
LMAO!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is exactly why me and my ****** can't hang with no random dudes. We crack too many jokes...it's literally jokes 24/7 (not no disrespectful stuff, no you a B or u a P type stuff though) and we've had times where dudes was really mad
laugh.gif

One of the homies backed into a boulder while leaving a sparking spot and somehow the car went on an incline
roll.gif
needless to say the driver got chopped on for the rest of the night, all the females in the car was dying to the point where they got uncomfortable and thought he was gon swing
laugh.gif
had him ready to throw hands for real
The jokes ol boy was on just weren't funny. It's 3 people in the room, he tellin' jokes that nobody laughin' at. Why are you still tellin' jokes bruh? I legit was on the edge.

It's been plenty of times where jokes on the wrong day can make the situation get real, real quick.

Jokin' around in the dorm room again and just like any group we had a lil homie was the runt of the group and was jokin' around and he tossed an Ace Bandage at my bruh and hit him in the face jokin' around. Homie told to get out, we all laughed. Looked up at my dude and he was stone faced, "No really, get out". Looked back a lil homie and he was lookin' around the room for some support, I just looked at em like

Exactly. Ak says he's been doing this fore about 4 years and has amassed over a million followers. Dude is getting checks. It's evident the way he's taking offense to this "Ak is *****" rhetoric that's come out now, because he fears it will hurt his viewership. Dude was in some video drunk talking about "his brand". :lol:

And while I laugh at the phrasing, dude isn't wrong at all to believe that.

If his videos he's been doing are anything like the stream i've seen recently he's BEEN showing sucka tendencies, if they were ok with following a sucker ***** before why would they do it now.... Because Joe budden called him ***** :lol: :lol:

a large percentage of his "supporters" are built just like him.

On both sides it's dumb. Joe never tried to punk Yachty or anything. All he did was basically ask him does be take Hip Hop serious. So I don't know why whoever P is felt like he had to be on some tough guy **** and check Joe in the mall AND on camera. :lol:

But yeah Joe going back to complex and to his podcast saying "**** Meeghost, **** Meeghost". "I could take them". Now you look funny. That's why Wutang goons put the hands on him.

AK is done with the disrespect. :lol:

Both Joe and Rory were calling Ak soft. But they gain nothing from doing that because Ak openly calls himself soft.

He only called Ak pus in an attempt to puff out his own chest and make himself seem like he's the mightier of the two since he's supposedly about that action. Joe swears he's a tough guy, but as has been said, he knows who to do that stuff with.

No one's up in arms. That's been my point this whole time. :lol:

1. Regardless of whether he's a ***** or not that's your co-host, there's certain **** you don't say about another grown man, especially in a public venue when he's not present to defend himself

2. If you think a big part of that shows following isn't coming from akademiks being on there you're kidding yourself. Joe got a podcast and it doesn't do numbers like everyday struggle, there's a reason for that

1) he's called him ***** on numerous occasions while sitting with him.... any ***** who watches how AK moves can see that it's true, it's not like he's revealing some unknown **** or calling him out. AK puts that **** on display constantly for the world.

2) Joe's podcast has been doing pretty good numbers for a podcast for quite a minute now, and at this point the brand is already established & Complex is promoting it heavy. If AKs minions leave the show if he was to leave it isn't gonna make a huge dent at all. None of the Good content comes from anything Akademiks related, the only thing he brings to the show is being a punching bag. Honestly if they got a host who actually could spar with Joe i think the show would be much better.

My whole point was that media outlets didn't take Joe out of context.

You got your cape in a bunch asking questions that a) I'd already answered and b) didn't pertain to the topic at hand.

You literally tried normalizing people calling their friends *****. That stuff isn't supposed to fly.

You win dude. Not going to spend another day with this after I said Joe was wrong

The world we live in now is funny.

And Joe is going to continue to think that if he doesn't stop running back to talk to his corny followers instead of talking to Joe like a man.

1. Yep

2. The pod is going up. I saw it in the top 100 when I was trying to look for Mike's joint.

Lol wut, akademiks is the reason this **** is even popping. No one gives a damn about Joe budden. No one wants to hear that old washed ***** cry about new age hip hop all day....you trippin

You don't believe this I hope

On both sides it's dumb. Joe never tried to punk Yachty or anything. All he did was basically ask him does be take Hip Hop serious. So I don't know why whoever P is felt like he had to be on some tough guy **** and check Joe in the mall AND on camera. :lol:

But yeah Joe going back to complex and to his podcast saying "**** Meeghost, **** Meeghost". "I could take them". Now you look funny. That's why Wutang goons put the hands on him.

All of this

****** are up in arms about Joe calling Ak a *****... when AK is clearly a *****
laugh.gif
. these days ****** can't handle any truth.

There are people who could replace his role but they don't have his millions of supporters nor his social media platform which helps the show spread it's clips and moments.

And yeah Ak is a goober but that's like you walking into work and your boss saying ***** u ugly or you going up to a female co-worker and complimenting them #biddies. It may be true but damnit where's the resthpeckt that's your co-worker lol.

Last edited:

This is just false. :lol:

People watch the show to watch them go back and fourth. To watch Joe clown AK all episode. Then when they started charging guest it took. The Yachty episode was big cuz of who? Joe Budden.

1) he's called him ***** on numerous occasions while sitting with him.... any ***** who watches how AK moves can see that it's true, it's not like he's revealing some unknown **** or calling him out. AK puts that **** on display constantly for the world.

2) Joe's podcast has been doing pretty good numbers for a podcast for quite a minute now, and at this point the brand is already established & Complex is promoting it heavy. If AKs minions leave the show if he was to leave it isn't gonna make a huge dent at all. None of the Good content comes from anything Akademiks related, the only thing he brings to the show is being a punching bag. Honestly if they got a host who actually could spar with Joe i think the show would be much better.
I don't think Ak should leave but they definitely should have a job waiting for Tax when he gets home. If he gets home. 

Joe calling Ak p**** on the pod is wack

Mal and Rory chiming in and calling him p**** is wack

Ak should leave the show IMO don't see the benefit of being disrespectful everyday :lol:

All he did was basically ask him does be take Hip Hop serious. So I don't know why whoever P is felt like he had to be on some tough guy **** and check Joe in the mall AND on camera. :lol:

Agreed to an extent. Joe's questions to Yacthy were relatively harmless and were questions a lot of people wanted answers to. But Yachty gave poor answers, and that didn't make for a good interview. From a business perspective, you can see why the QC team would look at the scenario a certain way, especially when their artist is about to release an album. They essentially look at the ordeal as being bad for business, and in their eyes, Joe's at the root of it.

Pressing/approaching him in the mall should have been where it stopped, since I can respect men having the face to face dialogue. Pressing him on camera was just for show, though. Can't rock with that part.

Last edited:
There are people who could replace his role but they don't have his millions of supporters nor his social media platform which helps the show spread it's clips and moments.

And yeah Ak is a goober but that's like you walking into work and your boss saying ***** u ugly or you going up to a female co-worker and complimenting them #biddies. It may be true but damnit where's the resthpeckt that's your co-worker lol.

I get that, but the point is that Joe doesn't respect AK.... At All :lol: & he's never gave any signs that he does. So i'm just confused as to why anyone would expect him to start now.

I think people are missing the point that Joe is a ***** who truly doesn't Give a **** about much, if it's one consistent thing he's shown throughout his career is that he's gonna do **** the way he wants or he just won't do the **** anymore. Complex knew that going in & i think it's one of the major reasons he's on the show. Complex doesn't care if he "looks bad" & Joe has never cared about "looking bad". It works for both parties because it's entertaining.

AK is done with the disrespect. :lol:

Joe def was punking Yachty. It's partially what he said but majority how he said it. As a grown man, would you really be cool with Joe screaming on you the way he screamed on yachty? Any rapper that wasn't on that nice guy **** yachty is on woulda took off on him.

Dude just has a tendency to be highly disrespectful to people he feels he can pull that off with. He's a line-stepper plain and sinple

I don't think Ak should leave but they definitely should have a job waiting for Tax when he gets home. If he gets home. 

Man... it's not looking like it will be any time soon. Homie plead guilty a few weeks back, so they're awaiting sentencing now.

Man... it's not looking like it will be any time soon. Homie plead guilty a few weeks back, so they're awaiting sentencing now.
Damn what were his charges? I thought he wasn't even the one who popped bruh, all I remmeber his involvement being is that he initiated the scuffle/confrontation that lead to Troy shooting ppl

Last edited:
Damn what were his charges? I thought he wasn't even the one who popped bruh, all I remmeber his involvement being is that he initiated the scuffle/confrontation that lead to Troy shooting everywhere on his cowboy **** lmao.

Facing 20

Plus the feds also said

While the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's office did not charge Campbell, 31, with a federal murder charge, they told Judge Lorna Schofield he brought a firearm to Irving Plaza and "fired one shot that killed Ronald McPhatter" as well as additional shots during the confrontation.

State charges will be coming for that I'm sure

I get that, but the point is that Joe doesn't respect AK.... At All
laugh.gif
& he's never gave any signs that he does. So i'm just confused as to why anyone would expect him to start now.

I think people are missing the point that Joe is a ***** who truly doesn't Give a **** about much, if it's one consistent thing he's shown throughout his career is that he's gonna do **** the way he wants or he just won't do the **** anymore. Complex knew that going in & i think it's one of the major reasons he's on the show. Complex doesn't care if he "looks bad" & Joe has never cared about "looking bad". It works for both parties because it's entertaining.
I wouldn't say that Joe doesn't respect Ak, that's a bit much. I think Joe sees Ak as lil dude down the street who never had a big brother who wants to be his lil brother. He respects him as a person, but his "opinions" and his "manhood" is where the respect level dips.

Either way, Ak needs to voice his opinions to Joe if he's so frustrated/upset/feels disrespected. I'd say off cam because it comes off as more sincere on both ends, nobody's doing anything for show or appearances. Ak just needs to say, listen man I get that I'm not tough but you gotta chill

Agreed to an extent. Joe's questions to Yacthy were relatively harmless and were questions a lot of people wanted answers to. But Yachty gave poor answers, and that didn't make for a good interview. From a business perspective, you can see why the QC team would look at the scenario a certain way, especially when their artist is about to release an album. They essentially look at the ordeal as being bad for business, and in their eyes, Joe's at the root of it.

Pressing/approaching him in the mall should have been where it stopped, since I can respect men having the face to face dialogue. Pressing him on camera was just for show, though. Can't rock with that part.

Joe's interview with Yachty was fine. But for a guy that never wants to talk about Yachty, he brings him up A LOT as the poster boy for wack rappers who are gonna be irrelevant in two years. He knows what he's doing. He KILLED Yachty for his album sales - didn't say a word about Thugger selling less.

Back
Top Bottom