Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Fax, especially high school.

*****s was trading hose like Pokemon cards :lol:

Super fax

The world is highscool.

I found that out young. We have a tendency to saying something is “highscool” when we deem it juvenile. Truth is al the interactions that happen in school dumb or indifferent will happen around and with you in some spaces of your life for much of your life :smh:

Somebody is smashing somebody at your job somebody don’t like somebody, somebody is talking behind somebodies back :rofl: Without fail :smh::lol:

Why did I just go off on a tangent?

I don't really keep up with record sales anymore. Is that good nowadays? I feel like dudes used to go gold first week and it was looked at as a flop

It's considered a solid 1st week for non-superstars. My Name Is My Name did around 74k and Darkest Before Dawn did around 45k, so this is pretty good for him considering MNIMN was pretty much pre-streaming and DBD wasn't.

I wouldn't be surprised after this last week if his second week numbers weren't just as high if not higher.

Yeah...I was wondering about this. Is Adidas gonna drop Pusha because he sabotoged Drake's Adidon campaign?

I thought about that. But I doubt they make that move because doing so would practically confirm that the Adidon thing is actually happening. So far they’ve been silent, so it’s all still speculation that any of this even exists.

Snip Snip Snip

Screenshot_20180602-130958_PixelLab.jpg

I thought about that. But I doubt they make that move because doing so would practically confirm that the Adidon thing is actually happening. So far they’ve been silent, so it’s all still speculation that any of this even exists.

True.

But is Pusha even an asset to Adidas? I just get the feeling that nobody is lining up or stressing out trying to get any Pusha T Adidas merch.

I can't trust these apple headphones no more :smh:

My mans uncle (one of them Young OG types that’s like 45....but still icy, current and listens to maily Meek, Fab, Jadakiss, Ross etc types) was hating like a MF when we was chillin and drinking......and I played some Lil Baby & Gunna a few weeks ago. The way he was hating....it would Make Hahahaha Hahahaha look like the head of QC. He was trashing it something serious :lol:.

Fast forward to last weekend at a cookout....the first thing this ***** starts bumping is Lil Baby off his new speakers :rofl:. This ***** shook his head and started grinning. Talking bout....”I can’t lie yo. Shorty ard. He be talking that ****”

I just smirked and hit him with:

D3B9D513-A596-435E-A82E-B2C6AFD4A1DC.gif

:lol:

outside of push himself having a deal & being with Adidas for years he's literally best friends with one of their biggest clients & works & collabs with their other constantly. How do you think he wouldn't gett that information from Adidas
Y’all looking too into it
Yes push cool with folks up there
But remember he and his brother
Also own a boutique that sells
Clothes and shoes
I’m sure he has access to all the upcoming footwear so he can order

I don't really keep up with record sales anymore. Is that good nowadays? I feel like dudes used to go gold first week and it was looked at as a flop

For Pusha....that’s great. He’s a legacy rapper with a core fanbase. He def benefits from the Kanye connection and Drake beef. Think he’d be more like a 45k first week guy at any other situation.

Anything from 70k-100k first week from a rapper that isn’t Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Future, Big Sean, Migos etc is “good”.

Y’all looking too into it
Yes push cool with folks up there
But remember he and his brother
Also own a boutique that sells
Clothes and shoes
I’m sure he has access to all the upcoming footwear so he can order
Possibly but I really don’t think so.

I think that info was only for higher ups.

Since we into kicks and could see the obvious it’s known that Drake was leaving Jordan for Adidas. He’s been wearing adidas for a month straight.

I doubt the info about the name and kid was commonly known tho. I’m thinking Ye or P got that info from small talk up there; Push could’ve gotten it that way as well.

Honestly it’s pretty simple. They’re all on Adidas. Someone would have that info early.

Pusha sold 34K in actual sales, 37K in streams. That 33K is pretty impressive.

A$AP Rocky sold 12K in actual sales, 59K in streams.

Aubrey was definitely on tour posting memes and talking **** on tour. The world loved it and thought it was brilliant.

Pusha sold 33K in actual sales, 37K in streams. That 33K is pretty impressive.

A$AP Rocky sold 12K in actual sales, 59K in streams.

Aubrey was definitely on tour posting memes and talking **** on tour. The world loved it and thought it was brilliant.
My sawft *** felt a lil bad today cause I can’t stop listening to The Story for the blatant disrespect.

Then I remembered how drake did Meek and how I must’ve listened to Back 2 Back 100 times :lol:

I’m here for the bs.

Drake humiliated Meek. Performed b2b at OVO fest back2back2back2back^10 with a PowerPoint presentation of memes in the behind him with a disrespectful *** T-shirt on :lol:

My dude had the track blasting on repeat when they stayed at the same hotel :rofl:

Push is being nice right now

Last edited:
An interview run during the album time....vs posting memes of a new hit single diss record from an impromptu beef is different imo.

What Drake did with Meek was the 2015 version of the summer jam screen.

Drake doing it or Push doing it doesn’t make it any less corny.

It’s as if you all want to extend a pass to the people you like and then criticize the ones you don’t like for the same behavior.

Point was nobody was saying this was overkill or Corny of Drake when he was riding that diss record for months. **** the ***** was still referencing it on More life & nobody had their panties in a bunch then. it's been less than a week & his fans in their feelings talking about who cares this is corny anyway :lol:

Pusha’s sales are even more impressive when you realize how streaming works

more tracks = more streams

The Weeknd’s last 2 albums with 15+ songs each both did 300k+. The EP he just dropped with only 6 songs only did 150k

for Push to sell 72k with only 7 songs is extremely good for him. Just imagine what he would’ve sold with 12 tracks

Super fax

The world is highscool.

I found that out young. We have a tendency to saying something is “highscool” when we deem it juvenile. Truth is al the interactions that happen in school dumb or indifferent will happen around and with you in some spaces of your life for much of your life :smh:

Somebody is smashing somebody at your job somebody don’t like somebody, somebody is talking behind somebodies back :rofl: Without fail :smh::lol:

Why did I just go off on a tangent?

This tangent was needed :lol:

I 100% agree. Just look at the f-ery “adults” get into on social media :lol:. Hell, politicians on social media post high school ****.

Being grown is just being a safer teenager with more money, less of a cusion and more to lose.

People gon People.

I completely didn't think of the fact that the entire Cash Money camp is taking massive L's right now

They won for 20+ years. It’s about time they caught some real L’s.

I been predicting it for a few years that Wayne would be so washed.... unredeemable. Ppl will get tired of Nicki.....Birdman will get exposed and Drake will flame out.

I’ve only been wrong (or ahead of schedule) about the last one.

Back
Top Bottom