Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I thought Rocky's album was fope. There were about 8 or 9 good songs and the rest I ain't really give too much of a chance.

I stopped listening to Rocky after long live asap but the songs I would hear he just sounded lost. Like he don't know what direction to go tryna be "artsy". I thought he would still do at least 90k cuz of his fans.

Point was nobody was saying this was overkill or Corny of Drake when he was riding that diss record for months. **** the ***** was still referencing it on More life & nobody had their panties in a bunch then. it's been less than a week & his fans in their feelings talking about who cares this is corny anyway :lol:

Not at all.

Rap has gotten as soft as Drake's music.

I completely didn't think of the fact that the entire Cash Money camp is taking massive L's right now

Drake can call up Nicki to ask her how she handled a L. Only problem is she still hasn't recovered, because she's been trying too hard since it happen. Then Cardi popped on the scene. Now she's pushed back her album yet again.

IMO the best way to do it is like Meek. Acknowledge your L and how you handled things, but just release good music. If you release struggle raps and songs like Nicki the L continues to hang over your head.

Nicki just can’t accept she not top dog anymore ...now she trying do too much to get it all back but looking crazy out chea :smh:

This is what’s super wack about all this.

Push caught a body on wax and I have no issue with a single bar he spit.

But what do I see while looking @ my recommend videos on YouTube?

3C7E237D-8188-4FA0-A324-717E6B1C69B6.jpeg

What kind of **** is this :sick::sick::sick:

They could be clickbaiting with the title but what if they’re not slime :smh:

I will not be watching to find out.

As far as quality I would say he has to regroup but in terms of actual sales It's about what i expected fr him. He hasn't released in three years & had no single in the mainstream or playing in Clubs & still did better numbers than most rappers in his tier

To put this in perspective, is anybody gonna say Gucci is "cold" ? his last album did 70K first week & he had several collabs out & a loyal fanbase

Thats not putting anything into perspective bro, Gucci literally drops a new project every 3-4 months its not comparable, at all :lol: He wasn't ever a big commercial rapper to begin with anyway. His biggest commercial album did 89k, 8 years ago :lol:

ASAP last album did 146k, 117k of that was pure album sales which was really ******* good. For reference, Future was the hottest _ of the year and did 151k. Only people who sold more than him that year outside of Future was Drake, Kendrick, Meek, Dr Dre and Big Sean.

This album did half of that and had only 12k pure sales, thats a huge drop off no matter how you slice it man. I'm sure he was expecting to do way more considering he been dropping songs, putting up posters/billboards etc for it since Jan and then capped it off with a big performance piece at Sotheby's.

Especially considering his own artist did 10k less with a surprise drop. You telling me Rocky in the same tier with Carti and Yachty now?

This is what’s super wack about all this.

Push caught a body on wax and I have no issue with a single bar he spit.

But what do I see when looking @ my recommend videos on YouTube?

View attachment 2124773

What kind of **** is this :sick::sick::sick:

They could be clickbaiting with the title but what if they’re not slime :smh:

I will not be watching to find out.

Someone took a clip from his Big Boy TV interview from a couple of days ago and is trying to run some views up with it. What are you highlighting here?

Someone took a clip from his Big Boy TV interview from a couple of days ago and is trying to run some views up with it. What are you highlighting here?

“Pusha T talks about Drake’s new child” is wild to me.

They having that man up there to ask him about another mans child?

Talk about the beef cool but the title is offputting. I’m prolly just overreacting tho.

I ain't know the playboy carti _ was Rocky's artist. :lol:

Talk about the beef cool but the title is offputting. I’m prolly just overreacting tho.

I listened to that whole interview, that's not how the convo went. :lol:

That's youtube dudes looking for clicks.

I mean, any interview following that song is obviously going to ask about the contents of it.

It's definitely some chatty patty **** if that's what you're getting at, but few interviewers are going to pass on the attention bringing that up generates.

Like I said though, that's a 9 minute clip from a 36 minute video that some random ___ is trying to run some dollars up with.

Saying “no one was saying it was overkill when Drake did it” is a farce. People definitely called out Drake on his repeated shots at Meek. Ctg called him out on it when he dropped the Looking For Revenge (or whatever that **** was called) track. And even Joe Budden was asking “why is Drake still dissin Meek” when More Life was released. People have definitely been critical of dude for continuing on with that despite having already won. That’s where the idea of “Meek having done more damage than we originally realized” came about.

Y’all revising history like a mf right now :lol:

Like I said, corny behavior is corny behavior, regardless of the perpetrator.

No one was saying it was overkill when Drake did it is a farce. People definitely called out Drake on his repeated shots at Meek. Ctg called him out on it when he dropped the Looking For Revenge (or whatever that **** was called) track. And even Joe Budden was asking “why is Drake still dissin Meek” when More Life was released. People have definitely been critical of dude for continuing on with that despite having already won. That’s where the idea of “Meek having done more damage than we originally realized” came about.

You’re not wrong.

But to me it feels like there’s a legit campaign to positively spin Drake and make Push seem angry and irrelevant and it hasn’t even been a week.

****, even in that interview he did with Zane Lowe about a year ago, he was talking about Meek actually tried to end his career with that tweet, and that was why he hadn’t let up. People were 1000% saying he looked corny and hurt after that. :lol:

Call a spade a spade fams.

Saying “no one was saying it was overkill when Drake did it” is a farce. People definitely called out Drake on his repeated shots at Meek. Ctg called him out on it when he dropped the Looking For Revenge (or whatever that **** was called) track. And even Joe Budden was asking “why is Drake still dissin Meek” when More Life was released. People have definitely been critical of dude for continuing on with that despite having already won. That’s where the idea of “Meek having done more damage than we originally realized” came about.

So you called out Drake for still making shots at Meek? You're comparing a week later to months.

And 50 and Ja are still making shots 15 years later, but Pusha T shouldn't talk about Drake a week later?

Maybe your argument would make a point and more sense if this were June 2019.

So you called out Drake for still making shots at Meek? You're comparing a week later to months.

And 50 and Ja are still making shots 15 years later, but Pusha T shouldn't talk about Drake a week later?

Maybe your argument would make a point and more sense if this were June 2019.

Exactly. We here for the f'ery. Even all lives matter Drake kept making jokes about Meek and it was fare game.

You can't expect Pusha, a _ that was born in 1977, that comes from a time when hip hop was aggressive to show mercy on this _ while he on the ground. :lol:

****, even in that interview he did with Zane Lowe about a year ago, he was talking about Meek actually tried to end his career with that tweet, and that was why he hadn’t let up. People were 1000% saying he looked corny and hurt after that. :lol:

Call a spade a spade fams.

No they were not.

You're the one revising history so your cape won't look dirty. For one, legit rap fans don't care about Zane Lowe. Who watches Zane Lowe interviews? Only a Drake fan is watching that. Just like Nicki and his softball questions.

Who on this board has been making that argument. It's odd you're riding harder NOW than when all of these alleged discussions occurred. Yet, I saw none of them. Were they in the Drake threads? Where were all these discussions about picking on poor Meek. Beside L in the dictionary it was his name. I know this, because I'm one who actually spoke up for him.

And Joe Budden disses Meek. Because he will also sneak diss while asking why is Drake still making shots.

When have I ever said Push shouldn’t continue discussing the beef fam? :lol:

I said it was chatty for him to be up there talking about another man’s alleged seed. It’s beef. Y’all about the feud itself. But son has been on multiple platforms calling dude a deadbeat, saying he doesn’t even rock with own homies who don’t take care of their kids, etc. Fact of the matter is, none of us know what Drake does/doesn’t do for the alleged little mans. So all that **** is chatty. You all have continued to divert from that.

My argument is simply that you all are adamantly trying to avoid calling Push out on his bs.

It was you all brought up that old stuff about Drake and no one calling him corny for his action, not I. I just spotted the blatant double standard and showed how that wasn’t the case. I shouldn’t have to wait until June 2019 for that. :lol:

So Pusha isn't supposed to be speak on what he said in a diss song? Not respond to the questions. Naw I'm not speaking on that. I take the fifth. :lol:

It's Drake's job to defend himself if it's not factual. Release another instagram post. But he didn't say he has a kid. He didn't say he's taking care of his kid. He didn't speak on the Adidas press run. I can't be a ****, but I can be a deadbeat. My fans will accept that.

So Drake should be killed, because it's the exact same thing Meek got killed for. Not responding. The difference is Pusha responded with "allegedly" factual and more damaging information.

Back
Top Bottom