Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Drake doing it or Push doing it doesn’t make it any less corny.

It’s as if you all want to extend a pass to the people you like and then criticize the ones you don’t like for the same behavior.

Theres never any balance when it comes to **** like this. People choose sides immediately based on who they like

An interview run during the album time....vs posting memes of a new hit single diss record from an impromptu beef is different imo.

What Drake did with Meek was the 2015 version of the summer jam screen.

Damn that **** really came out in 2015? Where did the 3 years go? :sick:

They won for 20+ years. It’s about time they caught some real L’s.

I been predicting it for a few years that Wayne would be so washed.... unredeemable. Ppl will get tired of Nicki.....Birdman will get exposed and Drake will flame out.

I’ve only been wrong (or ahead of schedule) about the last one.

There's alot of **** that makes sense in here.

Even Joe Budden alluded to some of this **** a year or 2 ago on his podcast that there was an underlying "battle" at play between various camps.

Basically. Can’t be on top forever

giphy.gif

"I know what y'all ****** is asking yourselves, is he gon ever fall off"

****** get really confused on this writing **** :lol::smh:

The criteria is only for the SPECIFIC element of HIP HOP amongst artists that primarily identify themselves as rappERS.

Amongst those who are into the actual craft of rapping, rappers write their own raps.

But every "Hip-Hop artist" is not just a rapper...and aren't expected to be critiqued under the same criteria.

Drake not writing all of his raps is not a knock against his ENTIRE artistry...only one aspect. Drake fans only see this is as perceived "hate" against him because he himself is insecure about the details of his creative process being exposed now. Why? who knows. Maybe he wants to be seen in the same light as the rappers he studied.

When Puff said he didn't write rhymes...he wrote checks...there wasn't a million Puff "fans" arguing with Puff "haters" about what he writes....because rap fans weren't talking about it...because we know he isn't a ******* rapper.

If you admit it it's cool and if you don't try to say you one of the best rappers and blah blah

Dre and Puff said it from early on they didn't write their raps.

Kanye said he was nice and better than most. He was LIVID when people starting telling he didn't write his own rhymes. I don't think he cares now but he definitely cared back then.

This may be semantics but IMO I’d say the scrutinity of writing your own bars is that in an MC.

Not tryna sound all hippity hop but I think there’s a difference between a rapper and an MC. Cardi is a rapper; Cole is an MC.

Hell I’d call Puffy a rapper... he ain’t no damn MC tho.

And if you’re composing a song and you get a chorus or bridge from someone I wouldn’t say that makes you not an MC.

This may be semantics but IMO I’d say the scrutinity of writing your own bars is that in an MC.

Not tryna sound all hippity hop but I think there’s a difference between a rapper and an MC. Cardi is a rapper; Cole is an MC.

Hell I’d call Puffy a rapper... he ain’t no damn MC tho.

And if you’re composing a song and you get a chorus or bridge from someone I wouldn’t say that makes you not an MC.

Definitely semantics :lol:

But I agree 100%

Rocky gonna have to regroup after this one.

Did all that **** and barely sold more than his protege (Carti) who had literally no promo or singles.

As far as quality I would say he has to regroup but in terms of actual sales It's about what i expected fr him. He hasn't released in three years & had no single in the mainstream or playing in Clubs & still did better numbers than most rappers in his tier

To put this in perspective, is anybody gonna say Gucci is "cold" ? his last album did 70K first week & he had several collabs out & a loyal fanbase.

I don't think many people in here really be peeping the #'s of a lot of the dudes who are claimed to be "Hot".. It's a handful of ****** doing over 100K first week & those are usually reserved for guys who are working major records at radio.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom