Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Never herd of dude but this was pure flames so thanks for the alley.

But I did notice they gonna get a bad review from there air bnb host if they don’t quit standing on the kitchen counter
Lol yea you can tell the furniture was there just for decoration or somethin

Short albums have been a trend for a while now. don’t know why people making a big deal out of it. I prefer them actually. Jay-z, run the jewels, Vince staples, ghost have all released short albums in the last few years.

Tierra Whack release a 15 song, 1 min each mixtape. Super dope concept.

Short albums have been a trend for a while now. don’t know why people making a big deal out of it. I prefer them actually. Jay-z, run the jewels, Vince staples, ghost have all released short albums in the last few years.
People are making a big deal out of it because Kanye’s narcassism is putting people like Nas, who is by no means a short form writer, into some format for a reason he has yet to really explain.

I’m cool if an artist works on a project, and comes to the conclusion that the best piece of work is the best 7 songs sequenced perfectly. That’s wonderful when it happens naturally. This whole thing has Kanye’s fingerprints on it, and I can’t help but think an artist like Nas deserves much better than to be tossed into a rollout with anyone, let alone Kanye who has gone against everything Nas has rapped about his whole career. It’s hard for me to appreciate a Nas album as I should, when Kanye is on it telling me the cop just wants to make it home to his family.

Give me the album you scrapped so you could drop a week before Teyana Taylor, Nas.

People are making a big deal out of it because Kanye’s narcassism is putting people like Nas, who is by no means a short form writer, into some format for a reason he has yet to really explain.

I’m cool if an artist works on a project, and comes to the conclusion that the best piece of work is the best 7 songs sequenced perfectly. That’s wonderful when it happens naturally. This whole thing has Kanye’s fingerprints on it, and I can’t help but think an artist like Nas deserves much better than to be tossed into a rollout with anyone, let alone Kanye who has gone against everything Nas has rapped about his whole career. It’s hard for me to appreciate a Nas album as I should, when Kanye is on it telling me the cop just wants to make it home to his family.

Give me the album you scrapped so you could drop a week before Teyana Taylor, Nas.

Ya just hate Kanye then. I get that.
Nas my favorite rap artist but I’m not stressing about what could have been and unreleased tracks that were scrapped. The album dropped and it is what it is.

I do hate Kanye, but refute my point that there’s a difference between an album turning out to be 7 tracks naturally and creating an album with the constraint set at 7 tracks.

It’s a false parallel, and you can hear it all in the album.

I think 10 is a well rounded number of tracks, but then you open the opportunity to some filler, not saying it will happen, but i’m looking at this rollout as a GOOD Music compilation, we’ve gotten 28 songs in a month, with more to come

I do hate Kanye, but refute my point that there’s a difference between an album turning out to be 7 tracks naturally and creating an album with the constraint set at 7 tracks.

It’s a false parallel, and you can hear it all in the album.

Nas is a grown man and not signed to good. If he wanted to add more songs to his album Kanye couldn’t stop him. He’s just lazy and uninspired at this stage in his career 7-10 songs is perfect for him.

Back
Top Bottom