Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nas is a grown man and not signed to good. If he wanted to add more songs to his album Kanye couldn’t stop him. He’s just lazy and uninspired at this stage in his career 7-10 songs is perfect for him.

He’s not on Good Music but it’s a project entirely produced by Kanye fitting with Kanye’s whole 7 theme this whole month, so more than 7 songs wasn’t on the table unless Kanye wasn’t involved

Thought the Nas joint started strong, ended weak after the Dream song. Need a sober listen though.

I never have high expectation for these old *****'s albums, they not hunger like they were. Their blade isn't as sharp.

I would compare 444 to Life is Good, not to Nasir.

As for the length of these albums, I prefer short albums. 10-12 is perfect for me. 7 is short but not only is the 7 short on these, the songs are short. Some are one or two verses. The EPs are 21-28 minutes. Terrible job, just pathetic but some will give Kanye a pass cause they think he's a genius. These projects show that he clearly isn't.

I can't see me having the desire to play this again. Makes things worse that it's been a six year wait since his last effort.

everything is probably the only song I liked, but The Dream on it didn't seem to mesh well with the rest of the song, and it should have ended minutes earlier.

He’s not on Good Music but it’s a project entirely produced by Kanye fitting with Kanye’s whole 7 theme this whole month, so more than 7 songs wasn’t on the table unless Kanye wasn’t involved

How do you know this tho??? How b? Again it seems like ya just want to blame Kanye cause ya hate him and it’s understandable but nas is a grown man and he had no contractual obligation. he could have said Na I want more songs. Ya crazy if ya think def jam wouldn’t have let him release more songs on the album if he wanted just cause of Kanye.

I think a lot of people was expecting Life is Good and got something with a lil more experimentation instead

Nas has shown us he likes to experiment with ideas, sounds etc tho. Thats prolly one of the main reason he's been pegged as having bad beats.

Like bruh put this bizarre *** **** on a serious album :lol:

As far as the 7 track format, Kanye said he picked that number after reading a lot of religious/philosophy **** and going to Michael Jackson's museum and seeing the 777 on a lot of his clothes etc. People have a lot of theories about the significance of the number but with Nas being Nas I could DEFINITELY see him being into that **** and the reasoning behind it even more than Kanye

five_percent_nation.jpg

I wouldn't say he's washed. I would like to see him work with someone who could give him direction and not punch it in with a half assed effort.

He grew to have good chemistry with Salaam.

Him and No ID had good chemistry on Life Is Good.

2018 Pete Rock and Premo are better for Nas than 2018 Kanye.

7 is wayyyyyy to short for me man.

I’m over here swaying my *** off to Simple Things then all of if sudden Diddy in my ear again. Dead *** was like why are you here?

Nas was bar’d up on this but that’s a given.

Hearing these 4 7 track albums it sounds like their was just a gang of beats that were created in the same timespan with similar vibes and they all just chose from those.

I for sure didn’t need Kanye yelping at me on Everything and I don’t think the 070 chick fits.

I know Pusha was around the whole damn time and he couldn’t find his way on this record?

The album was very good IMO but definitely not better than Life is Good.

I hope we’re getting another Nas album within 18-24 months not 6 years.

It's sort of obvious she has to know who did it or was involved in setting it up.

Not just anyone is going to know where she lives.

Well she certainly caught a mean one for it

Screen-Shot-2018-06-16-at-10.51.22-AM.png

That could totally be advanced makeup like they be doing in Movies and **** tho :lol:

Back
Top Bottom