Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Akademiks fit today really pissed me off. Turrible.

Like, you don't have to be the slicker ***** or anything......but damn. That bad fitting 100 shirt and the cheap bikers with the ugly fitted bothered me or some reason :lol:

Tried to watch it today. Your man Joe really had them do a segment of why he's not bitter. That's essentially the same ego-stroke/ faux therapy he does on the podcast. Ak really turning into a b grade Rory and Mal rolled in one. :lol:

Kidding kinda.

Last edited:
Akademiks really has no original thought of his own. Like he's the literal personification of what his brand is. I hate piling on the guy.....but he always parrots what he thinks are the consensus.

Those cringeworthy internet sayings that he tries to bring to the real world :x.

Joe is a clown. Nadeska is the new star of the show. That's my lor boo [emoji]128525[/emoji]

I'm glad to Joe addressed that because a lotof these young ****** throw bitter around with him like Joe is upset that he's not in the position of some of these rappers. When in reality EVERYTHING he's shown his entire career speaks against that. He's 100% right on that end, dude has never looked to do what other rappers do, he's always embraced the outcast role, and has always been critical of the way the industry treats the artist. so in no way am i gonna say he's bitter of the position that these artist are in because he dislikes 90% of what these artist love about the industry.

Now if you wanna call him corny, excessive, erratic then go right ahead, but the way they frame him to be "bitter" isn't factual.

another Random Joe budden did a total of 22'000 first week completely independent..... Many of these other artist he's bitter with are doing numbers in that ballpark on a major & gotta recoup.........

Last edited:
I'm glad to Joe addressed that because a lotof these young ****** throw bitter around with him like Joe is upset that he's not in the position of some of these rappers. When in reality EVERYTHING he's shown his entire career speaks against that. He's 100% right on that end, dude has never looked to do what other rappers do, he's always embraced the outcast role, and has always been critical of the way the industry treats the artist. so in no way am i gonna say he's bitter of the position that these artist are in because he dislikes 90% of what these artist love about the industry.

Now if you wanna call him corny, excessive, erratic then go right ahead, but the way they frame him to be "bitter" isn't factual.

I agree. Everyone doesn't crave the spotlight. Some people prefer to be incognito and still make their money. Look how many musicians, not just rappers are irrelevant from past decades. Same with athletes. If you don't barter your fame into lifetime success and longevity, you'll eventually be an afterthought. Which many people will become.

Same as when people whose 15 minutes of fame dies down and all of a sudden want to be off the grid. Joe means well with everything he says.

I can agree with that. Bitter isn't the term I'd use to describe Joey. After his first album, I can recall somewhat of a shift in him as an artist. Seemed like he got exposed to how things really worked and just wasn't with it. Dude really was on the forefront of a few things that are now prevalent today, so I can never take credit away from him in that regard.

... definitely an erratic corn ball, though. :lol:

I enjoyed the episode. I like the praise they give 444.

I disagree with Joe, "Excuse My French" was wack as **** outside of a few songs and I feel like most people didn't like the album overall. He had a few bangers on it.

I remember Budden was on True Life when his debut album dropped. They didn't hit first week expectations and ****. Wouldn't mind watching that again.

I love when Wayne comes up. They dance around the fact that he's trash. Joe doesn't check for his music. Ak politely calls it trash and Nebraska calls everything dope and is positive so she's a clown.

Last edited:
He gets called P because he is P. He's even admitted to being P. Joe just doesn't respect him and he doesn't deserve respect. Ak will never do anything about it.

Joe dresses like trash. He's too old for the stuff he's trying to wear now.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
At what point does Ak just nut up, become a man and throwdown with Joe? how some dude you work with everyday go around calling you ***** and you do nothing? square up, take your lumps, but make sure that ***** respect you.
Never. He'll leave but won't ever throw hands. May go to twitch and speak on it
He gets called P because he is P. He's even admitted to being P. Joe just doesn't respect him and he doesn't deserve respect. Ak will never do anything about it.

He deserves respect. Don't care how soft he is, he deserves respect.

Nadeska is lookin better. I can't get with that awkward nerdy/hipster vibe though, she ain't got no flavor.

He deserves respect. Don't care how soft he is, he deserves respect.

:lol:

sheeeeeeiiid

Nebraska was born and raised in Grenada. Now it makes sense. She's mad weird and shy. Gets uncomfortable when there's confrontation or sexual moments. Supposedly she's 30, wow. I thought she was like 22 because of how she moves and reacts.

Ak was also born and raised in Jamaica I think.

**** was Joe thinking with this cast? Smh

Last edited:
Joe was in XXL sounding befuddled as to how Chingy and Murphy Lee both did 150k+ first week compared to his 90k

Said he didn't know if it was because of Def Jam or because of him being from the East Coast, mind you this is 2003 :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I bought all three of those albums.

Chingy's was fire and still is.

Murphy's was a huge letdown. One of the worst albums I've bought. I had high expectations too. Smh

Budden's was dope but a few too many songs and a few too many commercial attempts.

Joe was in XXL sounding befuddled as to how Chingy and Murphy Lee both did 150k+ first week compared to his 90k

Said he didn't know if it was because of Def Jam or because of him being from the East Coast, mind you this is 2003 :lol: :smh:

How did Murphy sell more than Joe? :lol: I don't remember none of Murphy Lee's singles. I was never a big fan of Joe but Put It Up was everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom