Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Soooo....No Beast Mode 2 huh....

:smh:

giphy.gif

Streaming been spooky from the start. That one chick from LHH who is engaged to one of Future’s managers (or old manager?) has a plaque for streaming 30 million worldwide. Yet I’ve never heard of a Lyrica Johnson (Anderson?) song in my life

Last edited:
Nasir did 78K first week (49K album sales, 28K streaming sales)

BeyonceJay did 124K first week (70K album sales, 55K streaming sales)

Jay Rock did 31K first week (9K album sales, 21K streaming sales)
I went to Target and Best Buy to buy Jay Rock and neither had the CD.

XXX did 85K and 45K last week in total sales for both his projects.

We Bout to Ride gets me hype as **** when I'm riding.

Best Buy is supposedly rounding up CD storage in like a week or so, maybe pushing more inventory to Target.

Was wondering what difference does it make buying directly from the artist vs. a retailer or even streaming?

When is the cut off date, because that Bey and Jay album didn't hit the other platforms until Monday or Tuesday.

How Ye and Cudi doing more numbers than Jay and Bey? :lol:
That release a album with no promotion and only on one platform etc May have worked once for Beyonce but that’s not the norm. Also Beyoncé’s fans don’t really mess with Jay like that. So In a way that’s actually hurting her brand, doing an album with him. But they are still rich so whatever

125k on a album dropped mid day on a saturday & only being exclusively streamed on their own Platform for a few days... Those numbers are actually really good.

And i'm pretty sure the numbers they really looking at come with $ with them, In which cares about numbers when you eating off your own platform

Did they have a rollout like the other releases?

As far as those shop." ".com sites.

What was the expectations for that Jay and Beyonce album? That **** dropped out the blue.

I seriously doubt Jay and Beyonce are upset about doing 125 on their own streaming service. :lol: That's the ultimate big joker.

Back
Top Bottom