Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

For a long time, The Rock would deny being black and wanted to be white and samoan or some ****. Times have changed now The Rock wants to talk about being black and put his fist up and blah blah. Nah fam, I remember what you were doing back in 98.

You can't play both sides, same reason why Drake said what he said about racism in in Canada. He didn't experience it and he doesn't see colors. Cause he doesn't want to make anyone from his fanbase mad and keep those Arab/Asian/White fans that are allowed to listen to him at a kids birthday party. "Oh Susie, that's Drake" turn it up. FOH
I'm not arguing the case that him being half white hasnt benefited him. I'm talking strictly about being considered a rapper

If this is the basis in which what a rapper has to be under to be considered a rapper then that is BS and I'm not rockin with it at all. That's close minded, restrictive nonsense.

And I know I'm gon sound like I'm defending him and yall gon get the jokes off and call me a stan and all that. That's cool. But if this is the consensus of what a rapper has to fit, then that's complete BS

“Closed minded and restricted” when they’ve been “closed minded” and restrictive against us? The NFL use to try and disallow black QBs, The Beatles and Elvis use to cover black musicians because whites ain’t want to see black artist succeed. They tried to censor Uncle Luke. Mans had to fight the SUPREME COURT. Phuckouttahere. I’m tit for tat.

“Closed minded and restricted” when they’ve been “closed minded” and restrictive against us? The NFL use to try and disallow black QBs, The Beatles and Elvis use to cover black musicians because whites ain’t want to see black artist succeed. They tried to censor Uncle Luke. Mans had to fight the SUPREME COURT. Phuckouttahere. I’m tit for tat.

I wouldnt disagree with none of this because it's not even the same discussion .This is a totally different off base topic

It's really nothing to understand. Everybody's music ain't for everybody. It's people that don't like Jay, Pac or Big. No rapper is above having haters.

Drake is talented and he's made some good music but a lot of music is empty. He just sings and raps about safe, easy to digest topics and at this point he's not even creative with it. And of course the ghostwriter **** is gonna follow him forever.

Fair point, I respect that.

You see I respect this. If this is the basis on why you dont like him that's understandable. The problem for me when it comes to these debates is that people have this irrational hate for dude goes beyond music. To the point where its seemed like a personal bias.

Personal bias cause we don’t rock with him? You sound just as sissified. I’m gone live my life accordingly. You worried about being liked :rofl::rofl:

Plenty of us have already said he’s a good musician. That does not mean we have to like him or his music. It’s called being objective

Peyton Manning is a great QB, but I’m taking Tom Brady all day. Kevin Garnett is a great player, but I’m taking Tim Duncan 10/10 times

Personal bias cause we don’t rock with him? You sound just as sissified. I’m gone live my life accordingly. You worried about being liked :rofl::rofl:

I forgot, talking to an insecure, ***** like you is pointless because its like arguing with a teenager who can only toss insults.

Ain't not one point I said it's right or wrong to not like his music. I also forgot your comprehension is borderline nonexistant

I wouldnt disagree with none of this because it's not even the same discussion .This is a totally different off base topic

How’s it not the same discussion? Uncle Luke and the Beatles and Elvis are musicians? You said being “restrictive”. So, I countered your argument. We’ve been viewed as a threatening people. Especially with hip hop.

Couldn’t even drive down the street wth loud music pumping out of our cars due to hating cops and whatnot :rofl:

I forgot, talking to an insecure, ***** like you is pointless because its like arguing with a teenager who can only toss insults.

Ain't not one point I said it's right or wrong to not like his music. I also forgot your comprehension is borderline nonexistant

Insecure but you begging for Drake to be liked, at the behest of you. Who’s really insecure? You’re clamoring for another grown man. I’m far more educated than you. I could care less about your disdain.

Lol it does seem like drake fans take the criticism kind of Personal. I don’t know how many of y’all remember allhipop but no rapper has had the amount on online criticism that Nas as had :lol:

I never understand the Drake hate on NT

He’s gonna go down as one of the greats at this point, all the semantics *****s argue don’t even hold weight when it comes to those “of all time” convos for artists

That’s not me saying he’s THE goat, that belongs to Jay, no argument

But the people who wouldn’t place him on there would’ve never placed him there even before the QM ****

I ain’t going back and forth about it neither

A5D7F4DD-A032-448C-A8CF-45D9B734EC8E.gif

Lolololol

Lol it does seem like drake fans take the criticism kind of Personal. I don’t know how many of y’all remember allhipop but no rapper has had the amount on online criticism that Nas as had :lol:

Nas, and the newly minted Wale. It’s crazy when your opinionated. These weak minded fans get rattled like them crowds on NCAA football video game

Insecure but you begging for Drake to be liked, at the behest of you. Who’s really insecure? You’re clamoring for another grown man. I’m far more educated than you. I could care less about your disdain.

You cant be that educated when you cant comprehend. :lol: No where in what I was saying has to do with him me wanting people to like him or his actual music. You just like to make **** up as you type. But people here know that, it's been brought up plenty times.

You see I respect this. If this is the basis on why you dont like him that's understandable. The problem for me when it comes to these debates is that people have this irrational hate for dude goes beyond music. To the point where its seemed like a personal bias.
I mean I kinda get the personal reasons why people don't rock with him either. He's benefitted off black american culture and doesn't say **** about what black America goes through. And when he does speak he's playing dumb and "well I'm from Canada, we don't see race" nonsense.

J Cole has a white mother too but he's not disconnected from what goes on. I can't even picture Drake making something like Caged Bird or Brackets. Like Baller said he would be worried about offending his white Jewish people. Maybe that's just not in him but he operates like a politician and not who's REALLY connected to black culture.

You cant be that educated when you cant comprehend. :lol: No where in what I was saying has to do with him me wanting people to like him or his actual music. You just like to make **** up as you type. But people here know that, it's been brought up plenty times.

“And I know I’m gon sound like I’m defending him”

Bro, you said that in a earlier post :rofl::rofl:
Straight off your keypad dawg

I mean I kinda get the personal reasons why people don't rock with him either. He's benefitted off black american culture and doesn't say **** about what black America goes through. And when he does speak he's playing dumb and "well I'm from Canada, we don't see race" nonsense.

J Cole has a white mother too but he's not disconnected from what goes on. I can't even picture Drake making something like Caged Bird or Brackets. Like Baller said he would be worried about offending his white Jewish people. Maybe that's just not in him but he operates like a politician and not who's REALLY connected to black culture.

That's fair as well and I dont disagree with this at all. Again, I'm not on some why dont you like him ****. More so not agreeing with the categorization on why hes not considered a rapper

Who would honestly hear Drake speak on social issues and not say “you’re half white what do you know about ____”, “you’re from Canada” “You never struggled”

Son made a song called Started From The Bottom and people was killing him for that saying he grew up rich

It’s a slippery slope

Back
Top Bottom