Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

^??? jill scott and jagged edge in the same category to you?

Jill Scott last album was completely different than all her previous albums. Other than that, her songs all sound the same, just like Jagged Edge. ( I’m a huge Jagged Edge fan)

Kem is on that same list....

You hear one song, you heard them all.

You dudes do know that French and Jim had problems also, right?

Dudes almost got in to a couple of altercations. Jim was throwing bottles at him while he was performing a few years back.

It's a bigger deal that French has that on.

Jim has softened his Max stance since he's been in jail btw.

I mean how long are these ****** gonna hold on to that beef, especially since Juelz & Cam have been rocking with french for a minute. NYC is too small & their crews are too intertwined to keep the BS up. I don't think Jim & French/Max will ever be mad cool but at some point they had to chill.

Also as far as Jacques remixing the song & shooting a video.... dudes in hiphop been doing that forever, i don't see how this is hurting her single at all. I could see if a Beyonce/Rihanna type came through & did a cover of the song, because that would completely overshadow the OG, but that's not happening in this situation.

Hard to find true friends like this
Real talk

I don’t disagree but French knows the extra looks he gets when he mentions Max. That Max “feature” on Excuse My French is the only reason I ran that album instead of just keeping the singles.

Dudes almost got in to a couple of altercations. Jim was throwing bottles at him while he was performing a few years back.

It’s cool French wanna squash that but taking pics with the jacket on? :lol:

Jacquees made her version non existent. It’s to the point when it got removed people uploaded it to ******* so people can hear it. Mustard should’ve capitalized tho and made a official remix with them both, they even was playing his version on the radio here.

Yeah that new JMSN album is fire.

I haven't liked a lot of the new R&B this year. Mario and Marsha Ambrosius albums were cool, I need to play them more.

I still haven't played MAJOR, Case, Lloyd or The Internet.

HER and Teyana Taylor are my favorite joints and they're both EPs.

I think Ella Mai gonna drop a fire album too, I'm hype for that one.

Jacquees a whole lame. It's cool to do other people's songs but when you pushing it like it's yours, you weak as ****. Her version just as good, her **** ain't wack at all. He doesn't have a hit and has never created his own hit, just hops on other hits and tries to ride their wave.

Yeah that new JMSN album is fire.

I haven't liked a lot of the new R&B this year. Mario and Marsha Ambrosius albums were cool, I need to play them more.

I still haven't played MAJOR, Case, Lloyd or The Internet.

HER and Teyana Taylor are my favorite joints and they're both EPs.

I think Ella Mai gonna drop a fire album too, I'm hype for that one.

Jacquees a whole lame. It's cool to do other people's songs but when you pushing it like it's yours, you weak as ****. Her version just as good, her **** ain't wack at all. He doesn't have a hit and has never created his own hit, just hops on other hits and tries to ride their wave.

I thought you hated Teyanas project?

I thought you hated Teyanas project?

Nope, did a 180 on that ***** after my second listen. **** is fire but it could have been better. Some beats still sound incomplete and some songs are way too short but that MFer hard.

But there's two super trash songs on that EP too.

We had that talk before and I see both sides.

A short album I want to run back and play over and over. Teyana, NaS and HER was getting played like 5-7 times a day for a few weeks because they were so short.

A longer album, I'm not playing the whole album that much cause there's too many songs. More songs though so is that more plays?

I don't stream music so I don't have any impact

Man that Lloyd album isn't that bad... I'm listening to it right now...

TRU EP? Is this the album?

That was almost a decade ago though. If Jim and French had some serious beef something woulda happened by now.

As far as major artists and “albums”, who has even released an album with 10 or less songs since the top of 2017?

All I can think of right off is either Jay Z or Kanye affiliated **** I.e. 4:44, The Carter’s and The Wyoming albums

Man that Lloyd album isn't that bad... I'm listening to it right now...

TRU EP? Is this the album?

Nah, there's an EP from like 2 years ago with 4 or 6 songs. Full album just came out a few weeks back with like 13 songs on it.

Back
Top Bottom