Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This alludes to my point I was making with a friend of mine the other day.

All these artists and celebs are Fugazi. They ALL buy followers, likes, all that ****.

You have artists that have 10 million followers, and can't sell 50K albums week one.

You have celebs who have 10 Million followers, but get like 30K likes on a picture...That's crazyyyy. Hell one of the biggest stars on the planet, Kim K has like 120M followers on the gram, but gets only like 2 Milllion* likes on pictures...meaning she's missing 118 Million people on average :lol: :lol:

I know it seems trivial and insignificant, but labels legit use these metrics to seek out music acts, which is insane, and that's kind of my point.

Last edited:

All these artists and celebs are Fugazi. They ALL buy followers, likes, all that ****.

You have artists that have 10 million followers, and can't sell 50K albums week one.

You have celebs who have 10 Million followers, but get like 30K likes on a picture...That's crazyyyy. Hell one of the biggest stars on the planet, Kim K has like 120M followers on the gram, but gets only like 2 likes on pictures...meaning she's missing 118 Million people on average :lol: :lol:

I know it seems trivial and insignificant, but labels legit use these metrics to seek out music acts, which is insane, and that's kind of my point.

Been noticed that too.
Single digit like/retweets = juking the stats

You have celebs who have 10 Million followers, but get like 30K likes on a picture...That's crazyyyy. Hell one of the biggest stars on the planet, Kim K has like 120M followers on the gram, but gets only like 2 likes on pictures...meaning she's missing 118 Million people on average :lol: :lol:

Apparently that concert was only available to college students at Stony Brook University. Those 18-22 year olds probably only know Ashanti from dating Harden and may not even know she sings :lol:

i’ll let that rock bc it seem like he dont got as much out rn as baby.

even tho they prolly both just got a solo project and the collab one lol

QC flooding the streets ...trap **** :lol: :smh:

smh master P formula all over again.

wonder what will be what slows them down. only thing i can see is a straight up change in sound which they cant be mad at they literally about to run **** from 2013-2020. if not beyond.

Been noticed that too.
Single digit like/retweets = juking the stats

I just think that social media is like the playground for celebrities and music acts, and they kind of go hand in hand with each other.

But the thing is, platforms like Instagram intentionally juice the followers of celebs and music acts to make them appear bigger than they actually are and as a result, it makes the artist bigger, and benefits instagram as well. Peak celebrity culture.

Yatchi couldn't break 50K first week and has almost 8 million followers. He has 8 Million followers, but can't break 250K on likes on his pictures. When you think about it, the ratio is insane. Musicians and celebrities can't get even 2% of their "followers" to purchase their products / albums :lol: :lol: insane. Quavo sold 10K in pure sales and has 10 Million followers(!) :lol: :lol:. Tenaya Taylor has 7 Million followers but can't sell 7K albums. INSANE.

We don't even blink an eye when an artist like say, Ariana grande who has 131 Million followers and sells less than a percent of that number on her first week sales.

And thats not an indictment on Yatchi, or whoever. The point I'm making is that a lot of these acts that we see as stars are stars because in large part, social media is in bed with the entertainment industry and builds an idea of celebrity, and juices follower count in hopes of making these people legit stars and it works, it's just a wild phenomenon to watch take place. That's why I don't even frown upon aspiring music acts who want to buy followers to break in because the playing field isn't level at all.

I just think that social media is like the playground for celebrities and music acts, and they kind of go hand in hand with each other.

But the thing is, platforms like Instagram intentionally juice the followers of celebs and music acts to make them appear bigger than they actually are and as a result, it makes the artist bigger, and benefits instagram as well. Peak celebrity culture.

Yatchi couldn't break 50K first week and has almost 8 million followers. He has 8 Million followers, but can't break 250K on likes on his pictures. When you think about it, the ratio is insane. Musicians and celebrities can't get even 2% of their "followers" to purchase their products / albums :lol: :lol: insane. Quavo sold 10K in pure sales and has 10 Million followers(!) :lol: :lol:. Tenaya Taylor has 7 Million followers but can't sell 7K albums. INSANE.

We don't even blink an eye when an artist like say, Ariana grande who has 131 Million followers and sells less than a percent of that number on her first week sales.

And thats not an indictment on Yatchi, or whoever. The point I'm making is that a lot of these acts that we see as stars are stars because in large part, social media is in bed with the entertainment industry and builds an idea of celebrity, and juices follower count in hopes of making these people legit stars and it works, it's just a wild phenomenon to watch take place. That's why I don't even frown upon aspiring music acts who want to buy followers to break in because the playing field isn't level at all.

i feel what youre trying to say.

everything is a smokescreen/facade for no real reason other than “everyone else does it”.

from the subject matter of what ****** actually rapping about down to the metrics and followers. to soundcloud scene ****** either straight up using motion picture money or flexing trap money as rap money which misleads the upcoming artists.

**** really a simulation.

i feel what youre trying to say.

everything is a smokescreen/facade for no real reason other than “everyone else does it”.

from the subject matter of what *****s actually rapping about down to the metrics and followers. to soundcloud scene *****s either straight up using motion picture money or flexing trap money as rap money which misleads the upcoming artists.

**** really a simulation.

Everything is fake man, and the **** actually matters way more. Artists stay alive because of fake follower count :lol: people's show rate and club rate are in accordance to follower count. Just a wild, wild, time in the music industry.

Everything is fake man, and the **** actually matters way more. Artists stay alive because of fake follower count :lol: people's show rate and club rate are in accordance to follower count. Just a wild, wild, time in the music industry.

exactly. its almost like people WANT to be lied to now.

they want fake trap raps and they want to see a ***** have x amount of followers and sell x amount of records even if deep down u know its invalid lol

Back
Top Bottom