Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Tru Life got some cool joints he dropped this year tho, I think him getting out and seeing his lil homie (Future) all the way shining fully converted him to the new wave :lol:

Tru Life’s project was actually solid. Gave it a spin a couple weeks back when it dropped.

Also, quiet as kept, Pap been dropping these dope *** freestyles on his IG page over the past two days.

Things never popped off for him the way he probably wanted, but son can definitely keep up with the best of em on the bar for bar tip.

This ***** will listen to a Kay Slay and Papoose Mixtape...Followed by Red Cafe, Fred da Godson and Yayo to make the cypher complete before listening to anything today :lol:

The Yayo is wild :lol:

Tru Life’s project was actually solid. Gave it a spin a couple weeks back when it dropped.

It actually was, but not my cup of tea. But it fit with what goes on today.

First JID song I put on , he sounded EXACTLY like Kendrick... cut it right off.

Don’t need Kendrick Light when Kendrick still active lol

Yeah, I have to listen to it again, because of him sounding so much like Kendrick. I couldn't get in to it until the end.

JID is definitely in that Kdot world, you can tell he's a fan but I think there's nuance to it. He spitting but he gonna have to continue working on transforming it if he wanna bust outta that.

It's all relative tho.

I'm a big Devin the Dude fan so for like 5 years Kendrick just sounded like a straight rip off of Devin to me, w some Wayne sprinkled in :lol:

I been listening to Devin for a good 15 years and never thought Kendrick sounded like him. Different styles and COMPLETELY different content. :lol:

:lol: the hell

put me on

The "alien voice" **** he took straight from Devin, along with some other more subtle stuff. Devin would set up his bars in a kinda unique off kilter/uneven way and Kendrick plays around with that.

I remember my uncle thought Dont Kill My Vibe was new Devin on the radio :lol:

Kendrick did a freestyle on Big Boy a few years ago and he name dropped Devin as one of the people his style comes from (which he didn't have to do) so I started feeling a lil different about it after that :lol:

It makes 100% sense tho, that Rap A Lot/West Coast connection was real. I think I remember Mike Dean saying Cali was one of/if not their biggest market during that time. Devin was on the Dre - 2001 album as well.

Last edited:
. He spitting but he gonna have to continue working on transforming it if he wanna bust outta that.

It's all relative tho.

I'm a big Devin the Dude fan so for like 5 years Kendrick just sounded like a straight rip off of Devin to me, w some Wayne sprinkled in :lol:

Him and No I.D. suppose to have a project so I might just wait on that to give the kid a shot.

Looking back at tracks like Michael Jordan and The Monster Freestyle, he kinda did sound like Devin

Need a Future project now. Had that Lil Baby pumpin out with shorty downtown last night.

This Meek is fire, bless :smh: What's Free :smh::smh::smh:

Hip hop is alive
02DEA149-8837-4E40-A2A5-C69A81FB53EA.png
I love my people

The "alien voice" **** he took straight from Devin, along with some other more subtle stuff. Devin would set up his bars in a kinda unique off kilter/uneven way and Kendrick plays around with that.

I remember my uncle thought Dont Kill My Vibe was new Devin on the radio :lol:

Kendrick did a freestyle on Big Boy a few years ago and he name dropped Devin as one of the people his style comes from (which he didn't have to do) so I started feeling a lil different about it after that :lol:

It makes 100% sense tho, that Rap A Lot/West Coast connection was real. I think I remember Mike Dean saying Cali was one of/if not their biggest market during that time. Devin was on the Dre - 2001 album as well.

word i never really knew much about homie aside from the andre song and a few others im finna go fw his library. preciated

Back
Top Bottom