Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That’s a fair criticism. But AG was just a really great album.

Yeah, we judge Jay on the highest bar cuz he is the best. Jay never lost it, his albums just didn't have direction. Even when he was dropping forgettable albums he was still having one of if not verse of the year. Light Up, Free Mason, Seen It All, Drug Dealers Anonymous.

i think you need to listen to wayne version of black republican again.

some of the most gassed up SUPER trash **** i ever heard.

37289508-7205-4FCF-A1C2-877AEF89A638.jpeg

These cats don’t understand. The world is different now. 1979 was different than 1990. 1999, is a different year than 2010. So on, and so forth. The world still has some of the same ills, drugs, etc. but it’s become kind of a melting pot, with the internet and dufferent cultures overlapping

I’m so tired of people complaining about the music. People just mad out here for no reason. I don’t expect a 18 year old, born in the year 2000, to have the same mindset and experience as myself. Someone born in 1987, and experienced the 90s, 2000s, etc.

People complain to much. If you don’t like modern music, no one is stopping you from going out and playing stuff from previous decades.

F*** Will-I-Ams corny ***. He probably mad his money ain’t flowing like it use too. When people stop making money, and see the competition eating, they get upset :lol::rofl:

What an awful opinion. As if there wasn't "low hanging fruit" in previous decades of music. Yikes.

If the hip-hop you hear is solely based on the radio, then I could see how you could formulate this romanticized opinion on the state of Hip-Hop today. But Hip-Hop is the biggest genre in the world now. It's morphed into a plethora of subgenres. Of course there will be "Low hanging fruit."

Do we reallyyyy want to listen to To Pimp a Butterfly in the club or in the car all the time? Really?

All that stuff is great. The elitist BS really needs to stop. Everything serves it's purpose and there's literally hundreds of outlets to find the HIp-Hop you want with relative ease. Besides, the top of Hip-Hop isn't low hanging fruit. Whether you like them or not, Meek, Drake, Cole, Sean, Kendrick's, the guys who sell the most actually rap and that isn't "Easy" to do, making this opinion even more stupid.

Also, the elitists within Hip-Hop are so dismissive of "Low hanging fruit" but fail to realize the genius in simplicity. The subtext behind it is wack. Sometimes, Good songwriting is simple. That doesn't mean "Everyone could do it." If everyone could do it, Will I Am would go to the studio right now and pump out a hit :lol: :lol:

What an awful opinion. As if there wasn't "low hanging fruit" in previous decades of music. Yikes.

If the hip-hop you hear is solely based on the radio, then I could see how you could formulate this romanticized opinion on the state of Hip-Hop today. But Hip-Hop is the biggest genre in the world now. It's morphed into a plethora of subgenres. Of course there will be "Low hanging fruit."

Do we reallyyyy want to listen to To Pimp a Butterfly in the club or in the car all the time? Really?

All that stuff is great. The elitist BS really needs to stop. Everything serves it's purpose and there's literally hundreds of outlets to find the HIp-Hop you want with relative ease. Besides, the top of Hip-Hop isn't low hanging fruit. Whether you like them or not, Meek, Drake, Cole, Sean, Kendrick's, the guys who sell the most actually rap and that isn't "Easy" to do, making this opinion even more stupid.

Also, the elitists within Hip-Hop are so dismissive of "Low hanging fruit" but fail to realize the genius in simplicity. The subtext behind it is wack.

A lot of the club music in the 90s was more lyrical than the club music today. You can't say music isn't dumbed down and everyone getting deals.

There's always been talentless people to get deals but the point is that bad is outweighing the good today. It's too easy, everyone is getting on. IG models ******* rapping now and getting deals.

A lot of the club music in the 90s was more lyrical than the club music today. You can't say music isn't dumbed down and everyone getting deals.

There's always been talentless people to get deals but the point is that bad is outweighing the good today. It's too easy, everyone is getting on. IG models ****ing rapping now and getting deals.

...but you still probably be lusting over them same IG models. And, y’all being saying the “bad outweighs the good” who’s fault is that?

Y’all wanna point fingers, complain, have this ongoing blame game, but y’all aren’t exposing the culprits. Who’s to blame???? Please unmask the people responsible

There's always been talentless people to get deals but the point is that bad is outweighing the good today. It's too easy, everyone is getting on. IG models ****ing rapping now and getting deals.

If dudes don't see that the bar is low now to get on it's nothing else to talk about. :lol:

_'s get offended cuz this is the era they started listening to hip hop, it's what they know. It's still a good amount of good artist out here but the bar is at it's lowest.

Lies.

But this is Funny coming from him and his history and the type of music he put and ushered in.

***** literally sold out, cashed in and made top 40 pop and dance records since 2003 :lol:.

I was laughing when I scrolled down and saw who said it, he ain't lying though.

You're just being bias. You don't think deals like that were given out in excess in the 90's :lol: ? only difference was that it wasn't "IG Models" it was just like, models or some **** :lol:

It hasn't really changed that much besides the outlets becoming more apparent. The bad doesn't outweigh the good. It only does so if all you hear is the bad, and w/Spotify, Apple, Tidal, Youtube, Google Play, etc. if You're hearing more bad than good then that's on you.

I don't think music is being dumbed down. Rap is just Pop Music now, so you hear Pop Rap a bit more. Lyrical rap is still literally right there.

Lies.

But this is Funny coming from him and his history and the type of music he put and ushered in.

***** literally sold out, cashed in and made top 40 pop and dance records since 2003 :lol:.

He mad because he use to be the one weirdo black guy in the mainstream, now there’s a million “weirdo” black dudes and he’s LIVID. Man is 38 HOT :rofl::rofl:

It's kind of like w/Black Cinema and major black films.

Why we always gotta be getting whipped and in serious roles? Like We can't be in silly roles like white people?

Kind of like w/Rap. Rap's the biggest genre in music right now. It's evolved to having multiple genres, some of which are light and silly. We can have some silly stuff too, or "Low Hanging fruit." It all works. At the end of the day, the only guys moving real units in Rap...are the guys who rap. It really hasn't changed all that much. As Rap becomes more popular in coincidence with social media, you'll have a greater chance to hear the "Bad." But you'll also have a greater chance to hear a ton of "Good" too.

I disagree.

Who’s to blame then, for all this??? Y’all are mad. Complaining all day.

Some days I listen to Kool G Rap, or Jeru the Damaja. Then I’ll listen to Kodak or J. Cole.

I have NEVER played a 69 song. Or Bobby Shmurda song. The stuff I dislike, I tune out. People be out here wilding out, acting a fool, but let’s blame hip hop :rofl::rofl:

Blame blame blame...

But none of the responsible culprits being aired out and exposed :rofl:

Problem is some ppl thought that rap music was never gon change...these type of ppl expected to hear the sounds of 96 in 2046, they cant understand/deal with it :lol: :smh:

That attitude is weird to me when you consider the differences between 80s and 90s rap. _’s didn’t really get lyrical on that level until the 90s.

**** has been constantly changing since Day 1.

Back
Top Bottom