Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I'm not saying that NYC Today doesn't support this kind of music, or a lack of originality........... what i am saying is that DJ's, Producers, other artist, Fans etc etc from the south are the ones who ushered in this climate where A lot of the "hit" songs sound the same. They OK'd this change to the culture, NYC tried to resist it for awhile & because the music those artist were making didn't sound like what was "Hot" in the south, they were dismissed & clowned for it.

In turn the newer generation saw what happened to those artist & had to acclimate their sound to fit in, personally i would rather everyone just do their own thing & not try & sound like eachother. However i'm not gonna shame NYC artist specifically for "sticking to the popular sound" when every other region does it & doesn't get the same kind of backlash or scrutiny for it.

And that's where I thought you was going. Again, it don't work like that. Ya'll ok'd it too. Ya'll the mecca right? Ya'll started hip hop. You can't claim all that and then shift the blame.

You can't rob a bank, then snitch and say "Well everybody else is doing it".

So you call out just the south rappers but then pat NY rappers on the head like "that's ok it's not your fault" C'mon man, that's the most bias **** you can say. :lol: It's on hip hop as a whole.

No i mean the entire south, just so happens Atlanta is housing the largest amount of prominent rappers in that region... so those are the ones i'm focusing on.

49D86085-FB63-47EF-AFED-2B293168257A.gif

And that's where I thought you was going. Again, it don't work like that. Ya'll ok'd it too. Ya'll the mecca right? Ya'll started hip hop. You can't claim all that and then shift the blame.

You can't rob a bank, then snitch and say "Well everybody else is doing it".

So you call out just the south rappers but then pat NY rappers on the head like "that's ok it's not your fault" C'mon man, that's the most bias **** you can say. :lol: It's on hip hop as a whole.

this logic is ridiculous because NYC was CLEARLY against how the game was moving, this **** is DOCUMENTED....... you know what was said then? ya'll are haters, old heads, dusty rap etc etc etc.

NYC is the mecca of hiphop, it's where it started, got popularized & innovated. With that said it's clear as day the the southern region has had the most influence over the mainstream sound of music the past 12 years. So despite us always being relevant in hiphop culture, as of now we aren't the ones steering the ship.

So i'm not calling out southern rappers, i've already registered that the rules of hiphop have changed for the worse.... I'm simply tired of NYC catching blame for biting & then everyone else turning the blind eye to it from anyone else

Ex: DJ's in Atlanta, we not playing that Desiigner record he's biting future....... half hour later, peep the new record from lil whoever he's the hottest in the streets (his whole style is derived & copied from whoever the last hottest ***** in the streets was :lol: )

I feel like i've had this convo a million times on here & after back & forth & posturing, it always ends with people bringing up how NYC didn't **** with the south 30 YEARS AGO & how bias we were. Which leads me to believe that some people clearly have a bias against NYC rappers now because they still feel a type of way from back then.

this logic is ridiculous because NYC was CLEARLY against how the game was moving, this **** is DOCUMENTED....... you know what was said then? ya'll are haters, old heads, dusty rap etc etc etc.

Ok, well stick to your guns. The south was called country, not real hip hop but they stuck to their guns. NY ok'd it, copied it and now NY has no sound.

I love NY hip hop. I still listen to all that **** from the 90's. I wish Harry Fraud's sounds was bigger. I wish lyrical NY hip hop got more attention. But this mindset that the it's all the south's fault and NY is innocent is false.

People bring up how NY hated the south in the 90's cuz it's karma.

I feel like i've had this convo a million times on here & after back & forth & posturing, it always ends with people bringing up how NYC didn't **** with the south 30 YEARS AGO & how bias we were. Which leads me to believe that some people clearly have a bias against NYC rappers now because they still feel a type of way from back then.

Of course "some" people are biased just the same way NYC has some biased people who will never give these younger artist any kind of positive credit.

At the end of it all...

The south was called country, not real hip hop but they stuck to their guns. NY ok'd it, copied it and now NY has no sound.

Ok, well stick to your guns. The south was called country, not real hip hop but they stuck to their guns. NY ok'd it, copied it and now NY has no sound.

I love NY hip hop. I still listen to all that **** from the 90's. I wish Harry Fraud's sounds was bigger. I wish lyrical NY hip hop got more attention. But this mindset that the it's all the south's fault and NY is innocent is false.

People bring up how NY hated the south in the 90's cuz it's karma.

Why do you keep bringing up stuff from 20 years ago?

Again NYC has a sound, that sound isn't prevalent in the clubs..... it isn't the greatest backdrop for "turnup" records. Those kind of records are the ones that are usually the hits these days.

there's several NYC artist who stood to a more traditional style & they have continued to have careers that span, because they make good music. there's others from NYC who make music moreso guided for today's mainstream consumer. hence why they are using more southern inspired beats & flows, it is what it is. the constant downplaying of NYC artist because of it is corny & on some scorned **** & dudes constantly do it in here, or try to act as if the south isn't getting respect from NYC. Which is 100% lie.

today's episode touches on the downfall of NYC a bit & joe made a good point about radio not honing in on our homegrown talent. there were dozens of artist who were making NYC based music & the radio wasn't playing them because they weren't in line with what's "HOT". some of ya'll are acting as if this switched happened overnight. there's literally artist who have spent their entire life in a period where the south is the dominant sound in mainstream rap, of course thats gonna lead to different influences

I mean that has always been an accusation youve heard with a lot of women MC's especially those with strong personalities

Kim, Foxy, Trina, Nicki etc etc so naturally Cardi gonna get the same thing.

I ain't never in my life heard a n***** call somebody a fruit biscuit. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm about to follow 50 on ig now. I've done held out for too long.

Back
Top Bottom