Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

ak probably the sole reason a lot of dudes know about this *****. Him and lil Bibby. Used to see him all over akademiks Page.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f38724a4f4165566c6575533157513d3d2d3239333834383530352e313436383062323535646564353461383338333637333334313638372e676966

Yeah that was wild. I don't even listen to him and been heard of the name.

i didnt know akademiks existed until last summer

bibby and herb been at least public figures since 2013

That’s a little facetious. Akademiks got big off the drake and meek beef imo. So let’s just say two years ago. Lil bill and herb have definitely been promoted on his page heavily. Probably even before 2015. You would think they are paying him

Do you think Akademiks magically decides to start posting certain artists...or perhaps maybe his decision to start posting them is based on OTHER PEOPLE'S already established interest in them?

delete1234 delete1234 So you telling me you weren't a Drake fan bout 4 years ago when he was all on Herb and Bibby nuts rapping they songs on IG, tweeting they lyrics out and calling them the future? :lol:

He used Herb flow from Kill **** on part of the 1st verse of Too Much as well

Edit: Lowkey sharked the "No New _'s" **** from them too :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
That’s a little facetious. Akademiks got big off the drake and meek beef imo. So let’s just say two years ago. Lil bill and herb have definitely been promoted on his page heavily. Probably even before 2015. You would think they are paying him

This _ be so lost.

Just cuz Ak introduces people to YOU that ain't everybody. Herb and Bibby been making noise since Kill **** and that was summer 2013.

delete1234 delete1234 So you telling me you weren't a Drake fan bout 4 years ago when he was all on Herb and Bibby nuts rapping they songs on IG, tweeting they lyrics out and calling them the future? :lol:

He used Herb flow from Kill **** on part of the 1st verse of Too Much as well

Edit: Lowkey sharked the "No New _'s" **** from them too :lol: :smh:

I was but I didnt follow drake on instagram, I didn’t and still don’t watch his every move.

Herb flow :lol: :lol:

I might as well start bringing up drake every time I post the way dudes have a weird obsession w/ him :lol:

We could be talking about the Carolina panthers somehow it’ll turn into

“BUT DRAKE DID IT” :lol: god damn y’all telling me **** I don’t know about the ***** I’m supposedly a fan of, what that make you?

drake covered a ramriddlz song does the world know who he is?

Nah

You ask the average hip hop fan what they favorite “g herbo” song is and they’ll be like “who?”

That’s all I was saying. I’ve never heard one song by these dudes. Never.

Lil bibby is an exception I had a roommate who used to literally go and TRY to find dudes who nobody listened to and listen to them :lol: low and behold lil Bibby was on that list

***** was listening to playboi carti years ago. Matter fact every weird dude he was listening to back then somehow all them ****** slowly but surely getting on. Lowkey he got the ear for weird 2017 **** ****** like

Herb x Bibby started popping right after Keef + GBE went global and shed light on the Drill scene. The Herb > Keef thread on here was made in 2012 before anyone knew what an Akademiks was.

If anything...they're a couple of the artists that HIS platform were built on.

Herb x Bibby started popping right after Keef + GBE went global and shed light on the Drill scene. The Herb > Keef thread on here was made in 2012 before anyone knew what an Akademiks was.

If anything...they're a couple of the artists that HIS platform were built on.

That actually makes a lot of sense and explains why he still posts them these days. Almost like paying back a favor. With The way he speaks of chief keef I’m sure these ****** fall in the same category

drake covered a ramriddlz song does the world know who he is?

Nah

You ask the average hip hop fan what they favorite “g herbo” song is and they’ll be like “who?”

That’s all I was saying. I’ve never heard one song by these dudes. Never.

Lil bibby is an exception I had a roommate who used to literally go and TRY to find dudes who nobody listened to and listen to them :lol: low and behold lil Bibby was on that list

***** was listening to playboi carti years ago. Matter fact every weird dude he was listening to back then somehow all them *****s slowly but surely getting on. Lowkey he got the ear for weird 2017 **** *****s like

You do realize that you can swap G Herbo out for Logic and the same "logic" would apply right? There are plenty of people who don't know who Logic is...and at the same time there are plenty of people who do know who he is.

The world is a big place. You don't have to be Drake or Kanye West to be considered known to the world. That XXX ***** was racking up MILLIONS of plays on Soundcloud/Youtube before the mainstream caught on. Go look at any Herb x Bibby video on YouTube...or whoever else is "internet popular" and you'll see plenty of comments from people all over the world. Isn't the internet....global?

G-Eazy opened my eyes up to this concept when I saw how big he was, and I hadn't heard of him...despite being a pretty avid music listener.

Back
Top Bottom