Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Point is, the idea that _'s only know of them from Ak posts sounds dumb as hell when you consider the fact that the biggest rapper in the game was sack riding and championing them well before Ak

Herb x Bibby started popping right after Keef + GBE went global and shed light on the Drill scene. The Herb > Keef thread on here was made in 2012 before anyone knew what an Akademiks was.

If anything...they're a couple of the artists that HIS platform were built on.

Literally :lol:

In his defense...I think this proves my point of how big the internet and the world is. All of us are plugged in the same culture...and yet could have COMPLETELY different perspectives on whatever...based on our own individual thought processes, listening tastes, where we grew up, etc.

If he wasn't into that scene when it popped...i can see why he might have been introduced to them through Ak.

That's very true. _'s was looking up at them charts confused as **** when logic, g-easy etc starting getting up there.

With that said, I'm sure there's a lot that he was introduced to by Ak. That's the majority of his loyal following, The "chat ******" :lol:

Anybody care to explain to me why the "chat n****", willingly "donate" to Akademiks? :lol:

I don't get it. It's some gamer community ****?

They seem to be loyal as hell to him.

drake covered a ramriddlz song does the world know who he is?

Nah

You ask the average hip hop fan what they favorite “g herbo” song is and they’ll be like “who?”

That’s all I was saying. I’ve never heard one song by these dudes. Never.

Lil bibby is an exception I had a roommate who used to literally go and TRY to find dudes who nobody listened to and listen to them :lol: low and behold lil Bibby was on that list

***** was listening to playboi carti years ago. Matter fact every weird dude he was listening to back then somehow all them *****s slowly but surely getting on. Lowkey he got the ear for weird 2017 **** *****s like

The AVERAGE hip hop fans in 2017 don’t know ish about hip hop. Millennials don’t know diddly squat about hip hop. Yet, you valuing their opinion because they don’t listen to Herb or Bibby either?

Does that make Herb and Bibby lesser musicians as far as skill? No. Because both guys can spit. They both have solid fanbases. Who cares about the mainstream nowadays anyway

Dudes like delete1234 delete1234 logic is “Cash me outside girl/Tay K” are better artist than Herb and Bibby because their songs have 200 million YouTube views.

This is the way a lot of these cats think.

That song wavy posted a while ago seem to be blowing up. Didn't think it'll catch any traction. Seems like The Race 2.0

Anybody care to explain to me why the "chat n****", willingly "donate" to Akademiks? :lol:

I don't get it. It's some gamer community ****?

They seem to be loyal as hell to him.

Weirdest internet legion stanbase of them all.

It’s 99% male...they hate women...and they pay Akademiks to talk to them while he plays video games.

Yeah g easy and logic are great examples. To this day I don’t think I’ve heard one solo g easy song.

Logic out there though. I been checked his stuff out a year or two ago.

Dudes like delete1234 delete1234 logic is “Cash me outside girl/Tay K” are better artist than Herb and Bibby because their songs have 200 million YouTube views.

This is the way a lot of these cats think.

:lol: you’re a strange 40 year old man.

That ish got deaded quick.

You would think one of the hottest producers claiming that one of the biggest labels set him up would garner more attention

Conspiracy talk but maybe: interscope sniped any kind of exposure on it or, the general public turned a blind eye to it cause they don’t know him like that

Back
Top Bottom