Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

it was obvious years ago

I been stopped paying attention to his slanted reviews

people think you not a hater cause you articulate

It won't affect him. His general fanbase usually turn a blind eye to stuff like this. The G-Eazy/Macklemore crowd in case you're wondering.

I saw that last night :lol:

Fantano is a weird dude man. After that other Youtuber got called out for saying _ he was on some "I'm a guest in hip hop I know I shouldn't say ***** and I won't" blah blah. Then peep his other channel and he got all these edgy memes and pandering to those dudes. It's like he don't wanna be seen as alt right cause he supposed to be a liberal but wanna affiliate himself with these dudes and do edgy lowkey racist "satire" for laughs from 4chan type _'s :smh:

I remember finding 4chan when I was young cause dudes were saying thats where the memes were coming from, etc. It was some interesting stuff on there in the other sections but then I hit the /b/ section and like 1 out of every 5 posts that day was some type of wannabe edgy racist meme involving fried chicken and/or watermelon :stoneface: Looking back its crazy how that type of "humor" has gained traction in wider culture.

A lot of these dudes be tryna chalk it up to "dark humor" "satire" and saying people don't understand it, etc I'm into dark humor too but I don't think some of these privileged *** idiots are really able to grasp how racist jokes and racist ideology intersect in a real way. I think a good portion prolly legitimately racist and wanna pass it off as humor while the rest just lame *** _'s tryna be edgy

Anyone who cares about that goober's opinion to begin with probably won't be swayed by any racist type ****. He made his whole brand critiquing and overanalyzing music not meant for him.

Reminds me of the dudes who love trap music and will milly rock till their red in the face but let some ****** who look like the rappers they love try to pull up to their function on the weekend and it's a "bro's only event" :lol:

All that being said I just checked that coli thread and it seems like the standard weirdo twitter troll zack fox type humor. Nothing especially malicious or racial IMO aside from the N words in the memes and him being white. We need to stop making wypipo either David Duke or Gary Owen and no in between. That's where wypipo get it confused. You can not be racist but still be stepping out of bounds.

Regardless he shoulda never got the clout he did to begin with when it came to reviewing urban music.

Shoulda been Big Quint.

Last edited:

Fantano is a weird dude man. After that other Youtuber got called out for saying _ he was on some "I'm a guest in hip hop I know I shouldn't say ***** and I won't" blah blah. Then peep his other channel and he got all these edgy memes and pandering to those dudes. It's like he don't wanna be seen as alt right cause he supposed to be a liberal but wanna affiliate himself with these dudes and do edgy lowkey racist "satire" for laughs from 4chan type _'s :smh:

I remember finding 4chan when I was young cause dudes were saying thats where the memes were coming from, etc. It was some interesting stuff on there in the other sections but then I hit the /b/ section and like 1 out of every 5 posts that day was some type of wannabe edgy racist meme involving fried chicken and/or watermelon :stoneface:Looking back its crazy how that type of "humor" has gained traction in wider culture.

A lot of these dudes be tryna chalk it up to "dark humor" "satire" and saying people don't understand it, etc I'm into dark humor too but I don't think some of these privileged *** idiots are really able to grasp how racist jokes and racist ideology intersect in a real way. I think a good portion prolly legitimately racist and wanna pass it off as humor while the rest just lame *** _'s tryna be edgy

I watched like 3 - 4 of his reviews back in 2012 and dude just seemed off to me and I just couldn't sit through his reviews. Some of these white boys just got that weirdo vibe. Not all of 'em. Him, Andrew Shultz do. The white boy on Joe Buddens podcast I don't get that vibe from him, he seem cool.

These people will be so obsessed with black culture and still be a racist piece of ****. That's why I'm not with this "let 'em cook" **** when it's obvious they're culture vultures.

Most YouTube reviewers be on that BS anyways. They find a certain niche and just pander to it. I rock w Big Quint too but he be bias as hell. I remember seeing him bounce around to a kendrick song that had basically no beat and I was just like....aiight now lol. This ***** be bouncing around to anything

Anyone who cares about that goober's opinion to begin with probably won't be swayed by any racist type ****. He made his whole brand critiquing and overanalyzing music not meant for him.

Watched about two of his reviews to see what the hype was about and quickly came to that conclusion.

I watched like 3 - 4 of his reviews back in 2012 and dude just seemed off to me and I just couldn't sit through his reviews. Some of these white boys just got that weirdo vibe. Not all of 'em. Him, Andrew Shultz do. The white boy on Joe Buddens podcast I don't get that vibe from him, he seem cool.

These people will be so obsessed with black culture and still be a racist piece of ****. That's why I'm not with this "let 'em cook" **** when it's obvious they're culture vultures.

Totally agree. I don't get that from Rory. He doesn't try to be something he's not.

I remember finding 4chan when I was young cause dudes were saying thats where the memes were coming from, etc. It was some interesting stuff on there in the other sections but then I hit the /b/ section and like 1 out of every 5 posts that day was some type of wannabe edgy racist meme involving fried chicken and/or watermelon :stoneface:Looking back its crazy how that type of "humor" has gained traction in wider culture.

“Legitimate racist and wanna pass off as humor while the rest are lame, trying to be edgy”

Stop giving these folks passes man. They’re all racist. I swear, some of y’all are so mentally soft and in denial. Y’all gotta man up

This what happens when y’all let these type of dudes run amok. Then, be looking like boo-boo the fool in the face when y’all already knew what time it was. How y’all rock with reviews from a skinhead who never even been in the hood, over your own opinion is laughable.

Dude is a Skinheaded peckerwood, just look at him. And some of y’all put faith in this person :lol:

This what happens when y’all let these type of dudes run amok. Then, be looking like boo-boo the fool in the face when y’all already knew what time it was. How y’all rock with reviews from a skinhead who never even been in the hood, over your own opinion is laughable.

Dude is a Skinheaded peckerwood, just look at him. And some of y’all put faith in this person :lol:

Yeah I don't get that. I watch reviews for movies on youtube, not music. I can download or stream music to determine if I like it. It's much different from going to the movies.

I'm not going to watch you review something to tell me if I'm going to like music.

Always had a feeling about Fantano. Dude always came off a little off to me. Haven't read yet. I remember seeing him and his black girlfriend in a video years back if I remember correctly.

Dude's corn, though. I respect his knowledge and sometimes his perspective, but he's the quintessential music snob.

Reminds me of the dudes who love trap music and will milly rock till their red in the face but let some *****s who look like the rappers they love try to pull up to their function on the weekend and it's a "bro's only event" :lol:

All that being said I just checked that coli thread and it seems like the standard weirdo twitter troll zack fox type humor. Nothing especially malicious or racial IMO aside from the N words in the memes and him being white. We need to stop making wypipo either David Duke or Gary Owen and no in between. That's where wypipo get it confused. You can not be racist but still be stepping out of bounds.

Nah bro, Black ppl with nooses around their necks mixed in a montage with cartoon monkey's and other vintage racist cartoons ain't Zack Fox type humor

A lot of these type of memes using the word _ are not even made by black people

8614D743-7B46-4295-BCA8-A6903FF14BC0-277-000000168E8BAEAD.jpeg

Sidenote: He's always collabed with the DeadEndHipHop dudes, so I kind of gave him a pass on the weirdo white boy thing because they seemed to respect his opinion.

I was actually following that other YouTube page, and noticed the tone was a lot more troll, but I never watched a video or looked into it enough for it to raise any red flags.

And I don't think he really tried to hide it. I think I found it referenced on his main YouTube page.

Now, I'm not defending him. Dude is def a weirdo, and he definitely can get out of character or overstep bounds, but I honestly didn't see it the way it's being put out there. Just felt like a troll page he had, but again I wasn't looking close enough to see the pepe memes.

Kind of agree with this.

EDIT: **** everything I had to say if he's joking about hangings and **** like that.

****** get hung up over the word "racist" so much that these conversations continuously turn into "i dont' think he's racist but....".

Get over the word. It's like if we deem an action not worthy of classifying a person as a flat out racist...suddenly it makes that action a little less bad. You do some **** ****...you do some **** ****. You're exposed. Applying the label "racist" to a person is irrelevant. I'm not categorizing ****.

*****s get hung up over the word "racist" so much that these conversations continuously turn into "i dont' think he's racist but....".

Get over the word. It's like if we deem an action not worthy of classifying a person as a flat out racist...suddenly it makes that action a little less bad. You do some **** ****...you do some **** ****. You're exposed. Applying the label "racist" to a person is irrelevant. I'm not categorizing ****.
For the record, my post was before reading an article. All I knew him for was his reviews and being a weirdo, wasn’t abreast of all the outwardly racist stuff he did on that secondary page.

Interesting that he wasn’t called out on this earlier.

*****s get hung up over the word "racist" so much that these conversations continuously turn into "i dont' think he's racist but....".

I ****s with this logic.

Back
Top Bottom