Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I do when they turn around someones death in to self adulation.

On one hand I understand saying nothing, because you can't put it in to words

Most peoples post are how much he meant to them, what he was doing and mention his family and friends

I don't see how the I'm the same type of person and I do the same in bankhead are what comes form a normal persons fingers. First it pops up in your head, then you type it and hit send.

Agreed.

I told you guys, you can tell by peoples responses.

Some of these dudes are no better than instagram thots wanting likes and attention and are doing it because everybody else is.

The attention economy is REAL...and that **** is a booming business too.

It's built into the very fabric of reality. It's the new norm. Everything is public. You don't know how many famous people's social accounts I've seen over the past few days where their comment sections are full of "where's your nip tribute". **** is really bugged the **** out

Read that and knew it would get posted in here.

Future 100% lame as hell for that. Not even gonna front for dude.

But he does do things in the community that goes under the radar because of his persona. I get what he was trying to say, but he said it poorly.

Slander away on this one though. ****** gotta learn somehow. :lol:

The attention economy is REAL...and that **** is a booming business too.

Yup. Hell, people try to get poppin from the comments they leave on baller alert/shade room etc :lol:. I know a chick that spans them with what she thinks are witty jokes or relevant points for likes/followers Social media is hitting a tipping point I think. Endorphins gon crazy.

Night really said ‘yeah we do need more people like us’ in reference to Nip’s death, and really thought people were just gonna follow suit and prop him?

Game really be warping these dudes’ minds.

Strip away the narcissism and badly timed words/post lack of decorum etc :lol:. We do need more ***** from communities like the ones Nipsey/Future come from that are successful and put their people on tho. Like, some of these dudes y’all would never look at as the type....really be putting on, and doing good in their communities. Investing, buying back blocks etc etc. Especially in the A with the real estate market and ****. Envy a tell you. Killer Mike been giving ***** game down there too.

Even a ***** like Ralo was in his early 20s...and bought an entire complex for his people to live rent free and employed his homies etc. Yeah, he was still selling plants that are about to be legal everywhere illegally...but he was transitioning and investing and giving opportunities to people around him.

That’s what Nipsey is talking about. And that’s what made Nipsey unique.

Read that and knew it would get posted in here.

Future 100% lame as hell for that. Not even gonna front for dude.

But he does do things in the community that goes under the radar because of his persona. I get what he was trying to say, but he said it poorly.

Slander away on this one though. *****s gotta learn somehow. :lol:

Hell, I know this chick who works with senior citizens that was telling me about the FreeWishes foundation :lol:. They just donated to a senior center and ****. Been doing stuff for a minute low key with his moms and them.

https://rollingout.com/2019/02/20/f...nates-computers-furniture-to-senior-citizens/

But yeah. Comment was dumb as hell.

Found a couple classics cleaning up

IMG_20190403_163436.jpg

Purple tape?

Was refugee status back then so no :lol:

"When this album dropped back in '95, it was commonly referred to as "the purple tape".

The first pressings of the cd version came out with a purple case. Later pressings would just come in a black case.

First Purple Tape [Autographed Version]
The OG release of OB4CL, and most exclusive of the collection, was printed in very limited quantities. Advertised to be signed by Rae himself, the cassette and the CD were released with his autograph printed on them. It’s unclear how many copies are released, but these versions had “Shallah Raekwon” emblazoned on them.

Second Purple Tape [Non-Autographed Version]
Very similar to it’s more exclusive older brother, this version of the tape is the more readily available of the “Purple Tape.” Exactly the same (song-wise) as the original version, the only noticeable difference between the tapes, is that this version contains no autograph."
www.getondown.com/blog/tag/only-built-4-cuban-linx/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom