Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nah. I got a personal vendetta against son.

Was at a day party in DC about 2 years ago. Me and my wingman were getting good traction with this one group of 5 joints. We had em ready to go back to the hotel for shots.

Then PNB and his boys comes in and buys a table/bottles. This was RIGHT around the time Everyday We Lit was bubbling. One of his mans came over to one of the 5 girls and she went to kick it in the section. Within 10 minutes they had 4 of the 5 joints in the section. The one that stayed was feeling me, but I could tell she wanted to party with them so I hit her with the “yeah we’re probably about to head out (in all honesty we really were heading out). Hit me up later if you trying to link.”

Needless to say I never heard back from the broad and I can only assume... well... you know. :lol:

So... yeah... **** that *****. :lol:

Last edited:
Why a Hopsin video pop up on my recommended (because of that Joyner/Logic **** y’all posted in here :smh: :lol:)

And the first two comments are them calling for Eminem to make the cypher complete and bless him with a feature like he did Joyner & Logic :lol:. This is one of the more interesting fan bases. They’re buying power and support is crazy tho.

How you feel bout face and kast right now?

When did you decide to listen to 400?

I like Outkast. I have to be in the mood for them though
Scarface is one of my favorites, I don't however like all the production from his 90's stuff. I like him better on the newer production since The Fix when he started working with more diverse producers.
400 Degreez is dope, better than anything Wayne has done. I listened because I realize I never listened, and people always mentioned it, but I listened to Wayne. So I went back and listened to it, that was within the past five years.
I had to do the same with Dogg Food. Because I wasn't listening to Death Row besides Tupac during that period.

This came on the shuffle the other day. Funky song. Never heard it. Straight scratching and crazy sounds all the way thru :pimp:

EC9DB1AB-DF4F-4807-AC76-D904F53A9CD3.png

This cover is still so dope to me. That and Follow The Leader.

I never liked Chinese Arthmetic. Eric B is Never Scared was my favorite instrumental from them.

JRaW’d JRaW’d Ice-T and MOP. Minus singles, the only full MOP albums I heard were that St. Marxmen one, the Snowgoons collab, and Foundation. Revisited their 2000 and back albums and loved them. Didn’t actually like Ice-T’s stuff when I finally listened. Clockers and Mind Over Matter are excellent tracks, but I don’t like the overall production of most of hit stuff. And it’s not due to being old either, cause NWA, Ganksta NIP, and Geto Boys are in the same time frame with much better sounding beats.

Looks like this never came out. Would have loved to see it.

Met Chris a few months before he passed. Was gracious with his time. I remember when dude was just getting shout outs on Jungle Brothers records. Hell of a come up.

RIP

Speak of Chris Lighty and Warren G.

https://ambrosiaforheads.com/2017/05/warren-g-chris-lighty-saved-def-jam-records-audio/

“Everything we did was laid out. I had never been treated to dinner or showed a good time like that, back then,” says Warren, of Chris flying to L.A. and courting the underdog to the once alpha label. Big steaks, seafood, hotels, and Warren’s first flight (accompanied by The Twinz) were Lighty and Def Jam’s way of showing the kid who admits he had tape on his broken glasses that he was worth the effort. While Death Row excluded Griffin, Def Jam put him on a pedestal.

When Lighty brought Warren to his turf, the treatment only elevated. Warren and his Twinz proteges of Trip Loc and Wayniac stayed in plush Times Square hotels. One night, LL Cool J called up from the lobby, prepared to take a Warren (in disbelief) to his childhood home off of Farmers Boulevard in Queens. With LL telling Warren about his own journey into the spotlight, the G Child signed to Violator/Def Jam soon after.

For Def Jam Records, while the turmoil may have not been known publicly, Warren G’s success could not have come at a better time. “For short: *****, we was dead. We was gone,” says label co-founder and then-president Russell Simmons. “So it was a very special moment for us, ’cause it gave us breathing room, it gave us freedom, and it gave us billing. It made the company hot.”

Mogul reveals that “Def Jam Records was $33 million in debt (a 1994 figure), and then when Warren G came out, they had a $33 million surplus. So good job Chris Lighty!”

Nah. I got a personal vendetta against son.

Was at a day party in DC about 2 years ago. Me and my wingman were getting good traction with this one group of 5 joints. We had em ready to go back to the hotel for shots.

Then PNB and his boys comes in and buys a table/bottles. This was RIGHT around the time Everyday We Lit was bubbling. One of his mans came over to the 5 girls and she went to kick it in the section. Within 10 minutes they had 4 of the 5 joints in the section. The one that stayed was feeling me, but I could tell she wanted to party with them so I hit her with the “yeah we’re probably about to head out (in all honesty we really were heading out). Hit me up later if you trying to link.”

Needless to say I never heard back from the broad and I can only assume... well... you know. :lol:

So... yeah... **** that *****. :lol:

You know what you to do bruh...

You gotta f**** one of his chics, mom, sister, or cousin. Only way

PNB album was meh, I’m disappointed. The catch these vibes one that came out in 2017 is fire
100% agree. I think dude played himself by tryna go the pop star route too much.. in the same way that ty$ did. Beach house 1/2 stupid fye. Airplane mode is the best thing he ever dropped. Then once he caught on the edm/pop vibe he switched up for the $$$ and exposure. I don’t blame him. But the ratchet playa rnb/rap is more authentic. Gttm and catch these vibes was fye for that exact season... now idk dudes chasin the bag

Why a Hopsin video pop up on my recommended (because of that Joyner/Logic **** y’all posted in here :smh: :lol:)

And the first two comments are them calling for Eminem to make the cypher complete and bless him with a feature like he did Joyner & Logic :lol:. This is one of the more interesting fan bases. They’re buying power and support is crazy tho.

White people/dorks love that “lyrical myrical” stuff :lol: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom