Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I really thought Knoc-turnal had next :lol:

I was a big fan of Knoc'turnal when he first came on the scene. He had the backing of Dr Dre, a song on The Transporter movie and some solid singles. Shame the leak of his debut happened.

I hated dudes voice. It was distinct in a bad way to me.

27218028-89FA-4342-A769-285CFE70B05C.jpeg

Y’all remember when 50 was tryna get this nasty tank top off?

I died when Cam’ron called it a brassiere :rofl:

I couldn't believe people were such a big fan of 50 that they were buying those, his ugly *** clothes and those ugly *** Rod Laver's

Dude was the wackest dressed rapper next to Joe

Nah shorts and timbs would still be poppin if the internet didn’t exist. It’s the “cool” thing to clown ny for the combo, but when regional bubbles still existed, timbs and shorts could go together harmoniously. :smokin

The internet comes along and we got cats wearing dresses and banging b’s. I’ll take shorts and timbs over jeggings and kicks any day. :lol:
Both terrible :sick:. ****** walking around with oversized denim shorts and big as timbs on yuck b yuck. ****** used to get clowned for trynna do that here.

I vividly remember wearing timbs with some denim shorts & a Sprewell Knicks Jersey back in the day (blame it on hov)

Did that **** once and 13yr old me realized that ****** was BUGGIN for doing the shorts Timbs combo :lol:. foot felt like a stove.

I still haven't given Drogas wave a listen but i really like T&Y.

Only thing with Lupe projects is i really have to block time out to really LISTEN, i feel like i'm doing my self a diservice just hearing it on a surface level, knowing just how much he puts into it.

Hell Murals had me online researching mad **** :lol:
Still go back to Murals more than WAV Files. I still find new stuff in that song when I listen now.

Probably been posted in here already but:

Never listened to Lupe a day in my life. He's annoying as **** and it turned me off :lol:
To each his own of course, but if you like lyricism and wordplay I don't know many who can match Lupe.

But as mentioned, you really gotta sit with it. I carved out a whole evening for Drogas. It's a long *** album.:lol:

Still go back to Murals more than WAV Files. I still find new stuff in that song when I listen now.

Probably been posted in here already but:

This **** is clutch... i've been saying it for years in terms of pure rapping ABILITY Lupe may have the most complete skillset ever. Flows, metaphors, storytelling, wordplay, concepts etc etc dude is incredible.

Over the years he's just seemed to not give a **** about making it digestible anymore like he did to an extent with F&L & The Cool.

Back
Top Bottom