Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This **** is clutch... i've been saying it for years in terms of pure rapping ABILITY Lupe may have the most complete skillset ever. Flows, metaphors, storytelling, wordplay, concepts etc etc dude is incredible.

Over the years he's just seemed to not give a **** about making it digestible anymore like he did to an extent with F&L & The Cool.
Yeah, he tried the commercial thing when Atlantic forced him into that, and I felt like after that he decided he was just going to create. T&Y was dope, but it felt like he was still figuring things out being truly independent.

Hearing how he put this album together basically on a shoestring budget is crazy, because it feels like such a big conceptual album. WAVE was Lupe in his purest form.

Still waiting on “Fall of Rome” to drop :lol:. Lupe one of the first ***** I seen rocking Goyard man bags back in like ‘06.

in the newer wave of people dropping all sorts of designer names outside of the regular Gucci, Louis, Burberry

Lupe & dipset were extremely ahead of their times with the name dropping of brands.

J.r was rapping about Karl Largerfeld in like 04 :lol:

And on top of that, he was going so deep on real **** that, at the time, I hadn't even really spent that much time thinking about.

Gave me a completely different perspective on a lot of topics. Made me dig deeper into a lot of stuff. Even after Drogas, I was researching and reading up on Manilla.

“Suicide, didn't die from the dip
Submarine, man, keep your eyes on the blips
Sonar, echo, location, and where we are facin'
Get back to our nation, oh Lord
So we walkin' back to Africa
And I found a detour to the seashore
Yes, jumped off the deck
To leave footsteps on the depths of the sea floor, ay”

:pimp:
!!!

Talkin' to trees, like 'how could you be in the chorus
With something so horrid?
You became boards for the floors and the doors of the warships'
Anthropomorphic, the forest returned with a match
Made from itself and said, 'Burn us with that'
Then left again and came back with an axe
'We can serve you as furniture or furnace us black', ayy

What kind of dude thinks like this? Maybe he should have got into screenplay writing or something, too.:lol::sick:

Noveliss is clearly the heir apparent to Lupe....***** just ain’t give yo a shot :smh:. Get no better did 14 million views on YouTube...and they never capitalized off of it.

Best lyricist in the game :pimp:.

Still go back to Murals more than WAV Files. I still find new stuff in that song when I listen now.

Probably been posted in here already but:

To each his own of course, but if you like lyricism and wordplay I don't know many who can match Lupe.

But as mentioned, you really gotta sit with it. I carved out a whole evening for Drogas. It's a long *** album.:lol:

Yo was my favorite rapper for a 2 year period 06-07 :lol:. Lupe & Wayne.

Crazy how him and Stack Bundles was roommates and real close. Stack was signed to 1st & 15th before Lupe actually.

I gotta give him a listen

Anyone watch first ep of the Wu doc Of Mics and Men? Don't have Showtime but I'll figure out how to watch...

Why ain’t nobody tell me Waka got some new Slappers with Lex on it :wow: :pimp:. Salute me or shoot me vol 6. Lex Luger on it too :nerd: :pimp:

upload_2019-5-10_11-54-21.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom