Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I was thinking about rap beef the other day, how the times changed the context

Years ago _’s like Budden was dissing rappers for no good reason, literally just because they wanted to :lol: and _’s was all for it

If you did it today _’s would prolly say you was clout chasing (myself included :smh: :lol:)

It’s interesting how this **** constantly evolves

they will diss each other with the quickness
diss the fellow black man
but the one who has ur contract
the label owner
who tells u when and where u can play ur music
they dont say **** to them
folks is lame

I remember Cam/Dips love was deep on here fr, even the affiliates, _’s like SAS was having multiples threads on here :lol:

NT’s most loved movements gotta either be Cam nem or Clipse

Edit: the Guwop thread legendary too on the low, one of the longer running ones on here

Dipset 2nd string :smh::smh:

I ran Vol. 5 back the other day for kicks. I still liked most of Cam's verses. J.R. Writer on the other hand... :lol::lol:

RE: Clipse...it was always intriguing to me that a duo that has rapped about selling dope from their genesis garnered all of those "hypebeast" type fans

that ***** was held overseas
on a rape charge
as bogus as it may have been
he needs to be thankful he alive
healthy
free
and making money
folks need to learn to let **** go

None of that means he should stop dissing.

Yeah he gotta move past that. He biter he never blew or what?

Gibbs been doing great for the lane he in. His style ain't really gonna "blow" as far as mainstream. He never sounds bitter, he just don't **** with Jeezy.

Where's gargamel Rell?

Last I remember he was getting snuffed on IG live while having brunch with his dukes and granny

because as hip hop evolved into a money making racket more than an artform, any negative commentary from another artist is viewed
as jealousy and trying to stop someone's bread. You can't test a dudes skill anymore without being branded a hater

Fans complain that rappers don't diss no more, don't say somebody's name then when you do it's "Oh you just tryna sell". :lol:

Fans are real fickle. I knew **** was changing when Drake fans got sensitive off that Control verse. _'s acted like it was some unheard of **** to call out rappers by name.

Ironman.jpg

GhostfaceKillahSupremeClientele.jpg

81SMO-VmX4L._SS500_.jpg

20d79937.jpg

12ba4c9e.jpg

614s97xCH2L._SY355_.jpg

The_Apollo_Kids.png

All this Ross top 10 talk, Ghost>>>

The talk of Push and Philly just a couple of days ago. He's opening another spot in Philly.

Another boutique to back door...

they will diss each other with the quickness
diss the fellow black man
but the one who has ur contract
the label owner
who tells u when and where u can play ur music
they dont say **** to them
folks is lame

Don't you diss the snake? Practicing what you preach, huh?

Back
Top Bottom